Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast

I'm currently reading the Classic spider-man 2099 volume 4 TPB. It's been a while since I read those issues in floppies. It's still as good as ever. Shame that Leonardi is not working on that much issues in this TPB, especially since Joe St Pierre, who is not a bad artist, draw Miguel exactly like Peter. There is no way to tell he's latino.

Also, there is one issue not written by PAD and like usual, the writer thinks Miguel is a clone of Peter Parker, joking while he fights, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    I'm currently reading the Classic spider-man 2099 volume 4 TPB. It's been a while since I read those issues in floppies. It's still as good as ever. Shame that Leonardi is not working on that much issues in this TPB, especially since Joe St Pierre, who is not a bad artist, draw Miguel exactly like Peter. There is no way to tell he's latino.

Also, there is one issue not written by PAD and like usual, the writer thinks Miguel is a clone of Peter Parker, joking while he fights, etc.
    Taking Miguel's parentage into account (1 white parent and 1 hispanic parent) and being white-latino isn't mutually exclusive so there is justification for him not looking like Miles or America, however he is not a Peter Parker copy and should be distinguished especially in personality.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    Taking Miguel's parentage into account (1 white parent and 1 hispanic parent) and being white-latino isn't mutually exclusive so there is justification for him not looking like Miles or America, however he is not a Peter Parker copy and should be distinguished especially in personality.
    I whish I could show you a scan of said issue. There are several panels where he's a carbon copy of Peter. Aside for that, I actually agree with you. Leonardi's Miguel ios perfect and I think Sleeney did a great job as well.

Ugh I really hate when writers/artists get lazy and do that.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Incredible Member

I love the David/Leonardi run on the book. What a treat it would have been if they had brought Leonardi back for the relaunch. I still may read the modern run someday, but the first few issues weren't able to capture me back then. That said, he's a great character and I'm super happy he has gotten his due over the last several years. Hopefully Miguel will get his own movie someday.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    I can't be the only one who really wanted a Spider-Man 2099 animated series, that would have been such a rush back in the 90's/2000's
    We might have gotten one, if Marvel/Fox Kids hadn't gotten worried about accusations of copying Batman Beyond over at Kids' WB.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    I love the David/Leonardi run on the book. What a treat it would have been if they had brought Leonardi back for the relaunch. I still may read the modern run someday, but the first few issues weren't able to capture me back then. That said, he's a great character and I'm super happy he has gotten his due over the last several years. Hopefully Miguel will get his own movie someday.
    I think they might put out a Complete Collection of the modern 2099 series someday, though I really hope PAD gets more room to expand the 2099 line like he was trying to do with Secret Wars 2099. In that regard, my only gripe with Spider-Man 2099's Civil War II tie-in was using Sam Fisk from Marvel Knights 2099 as the Daredevil of 2099 when a Daredevil had already been introduced in the original 2099 line, albeit in a more obscure one-shot or anthology issue.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    We might have gotten one, if Marvel/Fox Kids hadn't gotten worried about accusations of copying Batman Beyond over at Kids' WB.

I think they might put out a Complete Collection of the modern 2099 series someday, though I really hope PAD gets more room to expand the 2099 line like he was trying to do with Secret Wars 2099. In that regard, my only gripe with Spider-Man 2099's Civil War II tie-in was using Sam Fisk from Marvel Knights 2099 as the Daredevil of 2099 when a Daredevil had already been introduced in the original 2099 line, albeit in a more obscure one-shot or anthology issue.

I actually like the descision, Sam Fisk is much more interesting than the original Darevil 2099 better costume and back story

I really like Joe St-Pierre art, though he does have a few bad 90's quirk and I'm annoyed that Conchata skin tone is way different (okay it was different with different colorist, I mean in Young Miguel story she's way darker)

I think exile had it the worst when it came to "You are just drawing Peter Parker"

2099 unlimited had some fugly Miguel though

Quote Originally Posted by Redem View Post
    I actually like the descision, Sam Fisk is much more interesting than the original Darevil 2099 better costume and back story

I really like Joe St-Pierre art, though he does have a few bad 90's quirk and I'm annoyed that Conchata skin tone is way different (okay it was different with different colorist, I mean in Young Miguel story she's way darker)

I think exile had it the worst when it came to "You are just drawing Peter Parker"

Hmm, grandson of the Kingpin dressing up as Daredevil because he feels guilty about his family lineage and that the wealth and perks of said lineage come from crime and corruption? Yeah, I can see where that would be more interesting, but I did like Mark Waid's original pitch for Daredevil 2099, with Eric Nelson, much like Miguel O'Hara, being an egocentric @$$ who turns a blind eye to the horror and corruption of his environment until he's forced to stare right into the face of it and comes away physically and mentally changed. Then again, that might have invited accusations of making Daredevil (or a version thereof) a second-rate copy of Spider-Man, so . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Redem View Post

I was glad to have Miguel in Exiles, but man, not only is he drawn like Peter, but he's acting like him, even ending up with the same (alternate) love interest! It's obvious they wanted to use Peter and used Miguel instead.

I just skimmed Spidergeddon, excited to see Miguel on the cover of issue #1 and.... he hasn't shown up at all. At all. Is he in side issues? Has he been even mentioned?? What the bloody hell...

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    I just skimmed Spidergeddon, excited to see Miguel on the cover of issue #1 and.... he hasn't shown up at all. At all. Is he in side issues? Has he been even mentioned?? What the bloody hell...
    I would rather not see him in this, at least, we're sure he won't get killed.

I would rather not see him in this, at least, we're sure he won't get killed.
    Lol, yeah if he's in it he might get axed, but I'm still hoping for a heroic appearance. Maybe some 2099 knowledge will save the day.

Quote Originally Posted by frizb View Post
    Lol, yeah if he's in it he might get axed, but I'm still hoping for a heroic appearance. Maybe some 2099 knowledge will save the day.
    Well amusingly considering he's from an alternate future, even if he dies Miguel can pretty easily come make considering that well all you need to say is "the future changed" which is it does all the time

Quote Originally Posted by miles to go View Post
    Shock, yes.