Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

The solicited covers seem to indicate that 2099's Daredevil, the Moon Knight from that one issue, Ghost Rider, and possibly Strange will be back in this arc as well!

At this rate Doom and the X-Men will be the only major names that haven't yet popped in for a visit.

Seeing Doom 2099 again would be great, I finished reading his series recently and he's a very interesting, layered character. Maybe even more so than 616 Victor.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Meh.

I read the issue and spoilers:
    I'm glad Miggy's staying out of that mess while re-establishing the 2099 world. Didn't expect 2099 Punisher back though.
    end of spoilers
    Since Contest of Champions is finished, spoilers:
    Punisher 2099 has nowhere else to be.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Seeing Doom 2099 again would be great, I finished reading his series recently and he's a very interesting, layered character. Maybe even more so than 616 Victor.
    Considering Doom 2099 actually took over the corporate-dominated United States 2099 and installed reforms that brought back some semblance of democracy and self-government to the people . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I read the issue and spoilers:
    I'm glad Miggy's staying out of that mess while re-establishing the 2099 world. Didn't expect 2099 Punisher back though.
    end of spoilers
    .....Yes, the return of spoilers:
    the 2099 PUNISHER
    end of spoilers was one thing.....but never, ever was this CW II Tie-In would be the perfect opportunity for Marvel to spoilers:
    introduce the 2099 version of........The POWER PACK!
    end of spoilers

....Another reason for giving thanks to CW II: CHOOSING SIDES #4....!!

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    .....Yes, the return of spoilers:
    the 2099 PUNISHER
    end of spoilers was one thing.....but never, ever was this CW II Tie-In would be the perfect opportunity for Marvel to spoilers:
    introduce the 2099 version of........The POWER PACK!
    end of spoilers

....Another reason for giving thanks to CW II: CHOOSING SIDES #4....!!
    spoilers:
    That was still shocking as shock, to say the least, but I will say Julie and Katie, if that is them, grew up pretty well. Shame they're on the wrong side.
    end of spoilers

I'm starting to have trouble following this storyline. Maybe it's just my brain but I'm getting a nu52 vibe from this 2099. Why are they introducing/re-introducing all of the altered 2099 characters? Is this new 2099 staying put? I get suck thinking, What happened before this? Who remembers what? Are these the exact same people we've read about in the 90's and the background world has just slightly altered (other than Punisher)? Is that the same Strange from the 90's 2099? Maestro 2099? Secret Wars 2099? All of them? I'd just like to know if the future is done being altered because I find it hard to care about these characters if they are just going to get altered again. Maybe it's just me.

I can see where you're having trouble following the storyline of the Spider-Man 2099 revival, though I'm still hanging on for the ride largely because I love seeing what new twists and turns Peter David can throw in, particularly on ideas he didn't get to expand on before the collapse of the original Marvel 2099 line. For example, the Goblin 2099 of this new timeline is Father Jennifer, exactly as David intended, with Gabriel O'Hara having been a red herring in the original series like Ned Leeds was supposed to be for the original Hobgoblin (Roderick Kingsley). And from the looks of it, he might be trying to consolidate all or most of the 2099 timelines (original, Knights, and Secret Wars) into a more cohesive whole, though let's not forget that Miguel himself has been trying to change the future he grows up in for the better, to make it something other than a corporate-dominated high-tech s***hole. An altered 2099 that has more positive changes than negative might be the outcome he's seeking.

P.S. Man-Thing, Cerebra from X-Men 2099 appeared in the latest issue, so now we have some semblance of an X-Men 2099 appearance in this new storyline.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That was still shocking as shock, to say the least, but I will say Julie and Katie, if that is them, grew up pretty well. Shame they're on the wrong side.
    Well, get ready for plenty more of them within SPIDER-MAN 2099 #15......

I can see where you're having trouble following the storyline of the Spider-Man 2099 revival, though I'm still hanging on for the ride largely because I love seeing what new twists and turns Peter David can throw in, particularly on ideas he didn't get to expand on before the collapse of the original Marvel 2099 line. For example, the Goblin 2099 of this new timeline is Father Jennifer, exactly as David intended, with Gabriel O'Hara having been a red herring in the original series like Ned Leeds was supposed to be for the original Hobgoblin (Roderick Kingsley). And from the looks of it, he might be trying to consolidate all or most of the 2099 timelines (original, Knights, and Secret Wars) into a more cohesive whole, though let's not forget that Miguel himself has been trying to change the future he grows up in for the better, to make it something other than a corporate-dominated high-tech s***hole. An altered 2099 that has more positive changes than negative might be the outcome he's seeking.

P.S. Man-Thing, Cerebra from X-Men 2099 appeared in the latest issue, so now we have some semblance of an X-Men 2099 appearance in this new storyline.
    .....And here's the latest that's happening within this CW II Tie-In from this Month's Issue.......

spoilers:
    Julie/Lightspeed, Jack/Mass Master & Katie/Energizer are heading toward SHIELD'S (2099) HQ, discussing about the Anti-Powers Act (and the reasons why they and other super-powered beings/mutants are working with SHIELD). Spidey/Miguel & Strange, along with Daredevil & Moon Knight are trying to find Captain America (2099); whose finds her husband thanks the other 2099 Heroes' (Cerebra, Roman, Hulk(2099), Hercules & Black Widow) help, but eventually gets attacked by the Pack. During this time and after capturing Gallows/Punisher; Spidey & Strange were helping the other 2099 heroes again some of Cerebra's ex-teammates AKA X-MEN 2099 (Bloodhawk, Lunatica & Skullfire). After defeating CA, Julie reports in to the CEO of Alchemax......who happens to be
    end of spoilers......

.......And this person is the last one that you would expect to be a part of the 2099-verse......

spoilers:
    J. JONAH. JAMESON
    end of spoilers

......Unbelievable intrique within this Month's S-M 2099 #15.
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 09-15-2016 at 10:37 AM.

spoilers:
    Well, that . . . was unexpected. Very unexpected. I was gambling on the CEO of Alchemax being Peter Parker on life-extension drugs a la Spider-Man: Edge of Time, but this . . . is genuinely shocking. I am shocked as shock. Come to think of it, given that Jameson and the Power Pack were both spotlighted in the most recent issue(s) of Civil War II: Choosing Sides, Jameson being the Alchemax CEO who installed the Anti-Powers Act as law makes a lot of sense.
    end of spoilers

I'm not huge on spoilers:
    depictions of JJJ as an outright villain. That being said, is that even Jonah? Could be John or a more removed descendant
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Neither am I, but given that he was directly responsible, financially if nothing else, for the creation of the Scorpion and the Spider-Slayers solely to go after Spider-Man, even if he didn't intend them to be villains, and his more recent disenchantment with the superhero community as a whole, this isn't necessarily all that drastic a leap for his character, given means, opportunity, and incentive.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

The following is based upon previous comments on SPIDER-MAN 2099 #15.....

I'm not huge on depictions of JJJ as an outright villain. That being said, is that even Jonah? Could be John or a more removed descendant
    Neither am I, but given that he was directly responsible, financially if nothing else, for the creation of the Scorpion and the Spider-Slayers solely to go after Spider-Man, even if he didn't intend them to be villains, and his more recent disenchantment with the superhero community as a whole, this isn't necessarily all that drastic a leap for his character, given means, opportunity, and incentive.
    ....Well, this Month's SPIDER-MAN 2099 #16 concludes the 2099 Version of CIVIL WAR (II), but also throws some surprises for certain characters (and heroes) involved.

I have to admit I'm getting very confused by this book as well. I think the fact that PAD could no longer use the Maestro because of the Contest of Champions book has meant he has to do some major re writes of his plots. I still enjoy it because I like Miguel but the book hasn't been as good since it's All New, All Different relaunch. I am looking forward to Elektra showing up though!

On the topic of clones and duplicates plaguing the Spider-world these weeks, the Marvel Database are working under the assumption that Miguel hasn't been the original one since Superior Spider-man #17 -instead, a really similar but nonetheless divergent timeline branched off the Age of Ultron "time is broken" mess, and that's where the Miguel we've been reading about since Vol. 2 hails from. Would also explain away the inconsistent backstory when measured against Vol. 1 (Tyler wasn't shot, but Miguel knew about Venom and Strange, possibly Dana still died, etc.)
    Do you think PAD intends him to be the original? Is he even concerned about it? The 2099 part of the title has been an artifact for a good 35 issues or so.
    Last edited by Webhead; 11-04-2016 at 05:32 PM.

On the topic of clones and duplicates plaguing the Spider-world these weeks, the Marvel Database are working under the assumption that Miguel hasn't been the original one since Superior Spider-man #17 -instead, a really similar but nonetheless divergent timeline branched off the Age of Ultron "time is broken" mess, and that's where the Miguel we've been reading about since Vol. 2 hails from. Would also explain away the inconsistent backstory when measured against Vol. 1 (Tyler wasn't shot, but Miguel knew about Venom and Strange, possibly Dana still died, etc.)
    Do you think PAD intends him to be the original? Is he even concerned about it? The 2099 part of the title has been an artifact for a good 35 issues or so.
    He came from 2099, so that would be why the book was still titled 2099 even if it wasn't set there anymore. As far as Peter David seems to be concerned, it's still the same Miguel, and Age of Ultron "breaking time" provides a free out for whatever elements of the original 2099 series David wants to include or exclude in the newer series, since Miguel is still the character he created.