Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Another reason for things in the backstory to change would be the sliding timescale. 2099 was originally over 100 years in the future, now it's only 83. And some of the 2099 tech now exists in the present day even without Miguel's involvement. For example, Lyra. Her tech would simply be an updated version of Tony Stark's AIs. Functionally, there's no real difference between Lyra and Friday.

Various time travel incidents, such as the O5 X-Men's arrival, would also alter the future. That particular incident has already averted Old Man Logan's future. Logically, it would affect Miguel's as well.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Another reason for things in the backstory to change would be the sliding timescale. 2099 was originally over 100 years in the future, now it's only 83. And some of the 2099 tech now exists in the present day even without Miguel's involvement. For example, Lyra. Her tech would simply be an updated version of Tony Stark's AIs. Functionally, there's no real difference between Lyra and Friday.

Various time travel incidents, such as the O5 X-Men's arrival, would also alter the future. That particular incident has already averted Old Man Logan's future. Logically, it would affect Miguel's as well.
    Technically, nothing gets averted in Marvel's temporal cosmology. Even if it doesn't happen in the main timeline, that just means it happens in a divergent timeline or it happens another way. That said, excellent point about how technology in the 2010s is starting to catch up to 2099's tech level, and even in the 1990s Iron Man cartoon, Tony Stark had an A.I. assistant well before F.R.I.D.A.Y. or J.A.R.V.I.S., called H.O.M.E.R., as well as Jocasta's AI in the early 2000s Iron Man comics.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

They def need to finish this story and put him back into his original costume and put him back into 2099....I'm thinking his time in the present is getting tiring.
    MY Pull List: MARVEL: Amazing Spider-man, Spider-Man 2099, Star Wars DC: Earth 2: society, Superman, Action, Batman, Batman Beyond, titans, teen titans; IMAGE: Lazarus, Outcast, Southern Bastards IDW: Star Trek: Boldly Go VALIANT Ninjak

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Is it possible for Marvel to make an updated 2099 universe, return to that more advanced timeline, and deal with the alternate timeline?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Crap. Hope its not too serious.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

X-Men 92 #10

Ah, Cyclops and Jean Grey in 2099 . . . did they ever run into the "actual" Spider-Man of 2099?

Not unless it happens later that issue. Unfortunately this is just a danger room simulation. That's the final issue of X-Men 92, so if it doesn't happen in this issue it won't be happening at all.

Thanks for the information. Still gonna be a fun read, though.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Just to be a little picky

It's not Lyra it's Lyla (LYrate Lifeform Approximation)

Anyway I've been enjoying SM 2099 and I do agree he really needs to get back to his original costume or atleast original color scheme on his new costuime.. I do want to see more interaction with other heroes of 616

Whoops, I assume you was addressing me there, sorry.

been a fan since the original 90s series...will continue on to the end reguardless of how the series goes.
    MY Pull List: MARVEL: Amazing Spider-man, Spider-Man 2099, Star Wars DC: Earth 2: society, Superman, Action, Batman, Batman Beyond, titans, teen titans; IMAGE: Lazarus, Outcast, Southern Bastards IDW: Star Trek: Boldly Go VALIANT Ninjak

On IST the fourth SM2099 Classic tpb is coming.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I keep hoping for one whole Spider-man 2099 Omnibus.
    They could put all 46 issues into one, or break it into 2 and include stories from 2099 Unlimited and his crossovers with other 2099 books of the era.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime