Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Peter David remembers the actor Miguel Ferrer, the inspiration for Miguel O'Hara's first name.

http://www.peterdavid.net/2017/01/19/miguel-ferrer/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

spider-man_2099_vol._3_20@m.jpg
    Such a cool cover image was anyone else let down a little to learn it was just symbolic of Man Mountain's fist all fancied up for no reason?
    Was this the first reveal that Tempest was pregnant?
    What issue did readers learn Tyler was Miguel's dad?
    Is it clear from a reader's POV that if Stone has a destruct button over Marko that his son's girlfriend is going to be pooched?
    Who were the last Marvel pair to be with child where one parent is from a different time period?
    Which Waiting For Godot film was best?

Catching up with this after being absent form comics for a bit. I swear if they pull the "Miguel's dad fucks with Miguel's girlfriend" thing again... It becomes cliche like Wolverine and Sabretooth at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    Which Waiting For Godot film was best?
    I was going to give you a firm answer but didn't realize there'd been so many. This requires further research!

So, thoughts on the stuff since the last time I was active:

Interesting that PAD went with the Sam Fisk DD2099 from the Marvel Knights line instead of the Nelson version from the 2099AD one shot. Of course, since the one-shot doesn't establish anything about him in the actual book, one could argue that this is just establishing that the one in 2099AD special was indeed just a different version of Sam Fisk.

Nice to see Moon Knight. She was great in the one issue she was in back in the day, so cool that she gets some time here.

Everyone's intro's/exposition dumps were a little rushed. I understand that they're wanting to get through as many people as possible, but still.

I, too, was expecting aged Peter, ala Edge of Time, and can't help but wonder if we'll still get him sometime down the line, revealing that he was the power behind Skrull JJJ.

Nice to see Deadpoll 2099 pop up there at the end. Makes for a nice segue if you wanted to slot her issues into the 2099 timeline somewhere.

Wasn't expecting the actual mythological Medea, so that was cool.

Wonder if Sonny Frisco will join Miguel's office now. They're transposing the rest of the cast, and the Sinister Six 2099 are now in the present, apparently, so why not. I really wish we'd get to stay in 2099 for more than an arc. And a proper 2099 at that. When was the last time we even saw that 2099? Spider-Verse?

I wonder if Tempest is going to be able to transform into her Spider-Wasp form again ever.

I swear to god, Tyler Stone...

^The book is probably ending - PAD is moving on to Scarlet Spider. Tempest wasn't in control of herself as that monster, so she certainly isn't becoming that form again willingly. You can forget about Sonny or anyone else getting a job at Miguel's office - since it's a Parker Industries facility and PI's days are numbered over in Amazing, the next arc after Clone Conspiracy is supposed to see it's downfall.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks for the summary, though, Man-Thing. Really looking forward to getting those issues, and considering PAD's tendency to follow up on arcs and characters he established in earlier books, him being on Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider doesn't necessarily preclude him doing something with Spider-Man 2099 again down the line, Digifiend. I do agree with Man-Thing, though, that I'd love to see a proper 2099 setting again, though given the changes incurred by the birth of the new Multiverse/Omniverse, I could easily see the newer characters created for 2099 by PAD still having a place in the All-New, All-Different Marvel 2099. The Alchemax Avengers could be assembled as a counterweight to the threat of "renegades" like Spider-Man being uplifted by the oppressed as symbols of rebellion against megacorp dominance, and it would be fun to have Spider-Man fighting the Alchemax Avengers in costume while working alongside them (or their civilian alter egos, in the case of Roberta Mendez/Captain America 2099) as Miguel O'Hara. Plus, we at least got the true Goblin 2099, Father Jennifer D'Angelo, back in place as PAD intended, so we could see a character arc of her losing faith in Spider-Man, before or after finding out he was also Miguel, and then using the Goblin identity to try to supplant him as Nueva York's hero and champion, since in her eyes he's not worth the devotion and faith she and others gave him.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    ^The book is probably ending - PAD is moving on to Scarlet Spider. Tempest wasn't in control of herself as that monster, so she certainly isn't becoming that form again willingly. You can forget about Sonny or anyone else getting a job at Miguel's office - since it's a Parker Industries facility and PI's days are numbered over in Amazing, the next arc after Clone Conspiracy is supposed to see it's downfall.
    That's all rather unfortunate

I've enjoyed how the book has been rather standalone thus far since Spider-Verse.

he doesn't know anything...just a guess....
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    That's all rather unfortunate

I've enjoyed how the book has been rather standalone thus far since Spider-Verse.
    MY Pull List: MARVEL: Amazing Spider-man, Spider-Man 2099, Star Wars DC: Earth 2: society, Superman, Action, Batman, Batman Beyond, titans, teen titans; IMAGE: Lazarus, Outcast, Southern Bastards IDW: Star Trek: Boldly Go VALIANT Ninjak

Yeah, I only said probably, based on what's going on with the other spider books. It's not confirmed yet and I don't know if Tuesday's May solicits will shed any light.

#21 preview: http://www.cbr.com/spider-man-2099-21/

And 2099 gets referenced in Avengers #5 too, as Vision has found Miguel's time machine... which Spider-Man claims not to know about! http://www.cbr.com/the-avengers-5/
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-23-2017 at 10:32 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    #21 preview: http://www.cbr.com/spider-man-2099-21/

And 2099 gets referenced in Avengers #5 too, as Vision has found Miguel's time machine... which Spider-Man claims not to know about! http://www.cbr.com/the-avengers-5/
    Sounds like the Spider-Men are gonna have to have a talk when this is all over.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

I caught back up on this book after letting it slip after Civil War II. I thought the Spider-Man 2099 tie-ins were easily one of the bests, but that event really soured me on comics altogether for a while. I'm getting caught up on everything except Inhumans and X-Men (which I managed to keep up with because of Death of X and IVX) and it's been a blast diving back into my favorite characters again. Binging the last few issues of this book literally made me bite my fingernails in suspense. Not many superhero writers can do that to me, so kudos to PAD for pulling it off once again!

PAD's one of my all-time favorite creators/writers and 2099 is his baby, so I really hope the book keeps going and he gets to continue expanding this corner of the MU. As for the current arc, I'm glad that Tempest's storyline is finally getting some much needed resolution and I'm actually pretty interested in seeing what tricks his father has up his sleeve.

Miguel is always gonna be my Spidey and I can't wait to see where things go from here!
    Last edited by redrunner97; 03-10-2017 at 01:00 AM.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

After Peter as Spider-man Miguel is my second favorite legacy bearer as well. I say that as someone who also really liked Ben Reilly's intro in the 90s.

I rank my favorite Spider-men as follows:
    1-Peter
    2-Miguel
    3-Ben
    4-Miles
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime