Default James Cameron's scriptment.

Hi. ^_^ Many years ago I've drawn a fake storyboard about the James Cameron scriptment for a Spider-Man movie. All that work had been put in a website, still on-line.
    Now I've retouched some of the drawings, detailing and cleaning, and created some files, freely downloadable:
    a printable pdf (images in high resolution),
    a screen-vision pdf (lower resolution, bad printing but very good visualization when enlarging the images),
    an ebook in .epub format,
    a ebook in .mobi format.
    If you want to read it, or see the images, or read my analysis of the scriptment, here is the link at the website page:
    http://spidercameron.altervista.org.

The pdf for screen vision is available even at http://issuu.com/dteditore

The scriptment is downloadable as original text, and its translation in italian.

Hope you'll enjoy to have the scriptment in the ebook reader, tablet or on paper :-)

Best wishes!!!
    Last edited by DanieleTomasi; 02-21-2016 at 02:04 PM.

You drew all of that? That's pretty cool.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

That's some great storyboarding!

Reading this all through again, I'm impressed by the grasp that Cameron had on the character's essence. This would be an awesome movie now, as it would've been in 1992.

BANNED

I'm reading the online PDF--is it unfinished, or supposed to end on pg 69? That's as much as would load up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    I'm reading the online PDF--is it unfinished, or supposed to end on pg 69? That's as much as would load up for me.
    The file has 98 pages.
    I've made a test now, it's downloaded completely.
    Last edited by DanieleTomasi; 02-21-2016 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    That's some great storyboarding!

Reading this all through again, I'm impressed by the grasp that Cameron had on the character's essence. This would be an awesome movie now, as it would've been in 1992.
    It really is a strong take on the material, and it wouldn't exactly have hurt that Cameron is possible the most technically accomplished director in the business. His takes on Electro and Sandman are pretty weak though (what's with the changed names?), so I would have hoped for some dramatic revisions on that front before production started.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    It really is a strong take on the material, and it wouldn't exactly have hurt that Cameron is possible the most technically accomplished director in the business. His takes on Electro and Sandman are pretty weak though (what's with the changed names?), so I would have hoped for some dramatic revisions on that front before production started.
    I can only think in the case of Strand / Electro, he was different enough from Max Dillon in the comics that the name change didn't bother me a lot. Sandman was pretty much the same from the comics (save from the Boyd name).

ASM2 showed that they could keep the namesake and still botch the character, in the case of Electro.

AngelGroveRadioPodcast powerpackers90's Avatar

Wow good job. I always been interested in Superhero movies that never happened. Like Batman Triumphant, Superman Lives, and James Cameron's Spider-man has always been the top of that list.
    Angel Grove Radio
    The "ALL NEW" Spider-Man's Tangled Web-Show ON YOUTUBE!!!!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I saw that posted on CBR not too long ago and I was shocked because they make jokes about the nocturnal webbing etc. and yet the treatment comes across as exactly what you'd want and expect in 1992.

If you drew that, that's phenomenal... but what does "fake storyboard" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by powerpackers90 View Post
    Wow good job. I always been interested in Superhero movies that never happened. Like Batman Triumphant, Superman Lives, and James Cameron's Spider-man has always been the top of that list.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I saw that posted on CBR not too long ago and I was shocked because they make jokes about the nocturnal webbing etc. and yet the treatment comes across as exactly what you'd want and expect in 1992.

If you drew that, that's phenomenal... but what does "fake storyboard" mean?
    Thank you. It's a fake because I wasn't called by Cameron or any movie studio. The scriptment has been wrote in 1992, I've made the drawings in 2000-2002. I found the scriptment in internet, read it, loved it, decided to "spread the voice" and contribute to let people know it existed. The only way to do this was to draw the images and put them in a web-site. So it isn't a real story-board done as a paid work, it's just a work of passion
    Last edited by DanieleTomasi; 02-26-2016 at 08:24 AM.