Incredible Member

Default Using S.W.O.R.D...a crazy idea

I was reading that avenger thread involving blue marvel and then it hit me.

put Blue Marvel and Monica in S.W.O.R.D.

use them as a spear point against alien invasions and to compensate when the big boys come to to town.

Plus my favorite grand old gal Abigail Brand, now has a weapon when cable starts meddling. <eg>.

It gives it a chance to explore our own solar system, and we don't have to worry about these really big guns overshadowing the more street heroes below.

bonus points if you figure out a way to mix Mach V and Songbird into the mix with the usual character rosters.

woulld it work and what could you do with such a setup?

also what info and resources are about our solar system in the marvel universe that's different then the real world. so far my knowledge consists of the blue side of the moon and those ice beings from pluto from the 60's spiderman cartoon. .

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post

also what info and resources are about our solar system in the marvel universe that's different then the real world. so far my knowledge consists of the blue side of the moon and those ice beings from pluto from the 60's spiderman cartoon. .
    Blue Area of the Moon, it doesn't cover the whole far side by any means. Let's see....

Currently Ex Nihilo should still be fostering a new ecology on Mars, so there's that.

Saturn's moon Titan is inhabited by the Titans aka the Titanian Eternals, an offshoot of Earth's Eternals that spawned Thanos, raised Moondragon, etc.

Uranus used to have some Eternals as well, and I believe still has some tentacle people living in the atmosphere of the planet itself.

The opposite side of Earth's orbit still contains a copy of Earth including most inhabitants called Counter-Earth, so far as we've been shown or told. They should be able to see Tony Stark's partial Dyson sphere on the same side.

Venus may be inhabited by some obscure alien races from old Submariner stories, or those may be out of continuity at this point.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Marvel definitely need to do more with S.W.O.R.D. As much as I liked Infinity I would have loved Hickman to give 'em a bigger role.

I would like to see a book featuring Brand, Beast (get him away from the X-Men), Lockheed and freelance peacekeeping agent Deaths Head. Chuck in kid Nova and Beta Ray Bill for dealing with the big problems and I would be happy.

I am enjoying Blue Marvel and Spectrum in the pages of Mighty Avengers and wouldn't want anything to spoil that. Though I guess if Wolverine can feature in 15 books those guys could handle 2.

Incredible Member

Cosmic avengers based around S.W.O.R.D.....

Captain marvel, wonder man, beast, agent brand, beta day bill, nova, death's head......

I’m actually still hoping the captain marvel movie introduces sword.

It’s a shame the idea has pretty much been killed off because of the fox/marvel divide but for many reasons that shouldn’t be an issue now

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I would love to see a S.W.O.R.D. storyline that focused less on superheroes and more on average people serving. Maybe like a Marvel version of Star Trek.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

When I think back to the Ales Kot Bucky Barnes: The Winter Soldier series, it's a shame that a "S.W.O.R.D." series along that line hasn't happened yet.

Plenty of great characters and elements that could fit right into it.