Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    I'm not shaming motherhood, just saying it is a cheap development for Lois.

I doubt that Lois would take care of any kid from nowhere
    Unless you're a mother yourself, you have no room to speak.

EDIT: Nevermind.
    Last edited by Ascended; 03-25-2016 at 06:59 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    I'm not shaming motherhood, just saying it is a cheap development for Lois.

I doubt that Lois would take care of any kid from nowhere
    It would be a powerful positive statement about the character, after all, she did, with some understandable struggle, adopt Chris Kent (Lor-Zod), in prior continuity. Kids are not cheap. I am saying that as a parent. While she has her imperfections, I don't swe it as beyond her to adopt a kid. I certainly think it's possible, in spite of all the PIS that DC has dealt her so far.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Progressiveness doesn't even apply to that. In a situation you illustrated above, if hypothetically they don't try anything with Lois going forward, if hypothetically they did just throw something poorly thought out at her just to get it out of the way, that has nothing to do with progressiveness. That's just called laziness.

That said I don't think its a lazy idea, I think its a potentially very fun and intriguing idea. But hey its my idea so of course I think that. If others don't, that's cool. I don't take issue with simply ideas I have not being liked by others. Only thing I take issue with is the idea that there's something wrong inherently with portraying Lois in a motherly role.
    What is wrong is that only Lois is the one taking care of Jon. Why should be She be the only one who has to have this sacrifice, the financial burden of raising him. Clark should be has well. He should be a father to Jon because he is technically Clark is his father and also because he knows what Jon is going though. Jon is presented to be Clark's heir like Damien is Bruce's, according to the teaser, then Clark should be his mentor. Also it is in Clark's character to help out and in Lois's character to make sure he did.

Its not a problem if she makes the decision of her own free will. That kinda goes part and parcel with a person being just a general decent human being wanting to help a child. And no, Clark is not technically his father. Lois is not technically his mother. In my scenario she'd be his guardian not because its her responsibility to be so, but because she wants to do so. Big difference. Clark doesn't have that responsibility either, but unlike Lois, he's ill-equipped to take it on even if he wanted to considering his lifestyle and the fact he no longer has a secret identity. Someone to teach how to use powers? If his true father isn't around, sure. But Superman's life is hardly on the side of stable and safe enough for a child. And in my estimation, pre-FP Superman and Lois would be the very first people to realize that if they have a say (say in any given situation in which they might prepare for a potential separation from their son).

Again, I get not liking the theory but its being misrepresented by saying "oh, why does Lois have to do it and not Clark?" Its completely missing the point. She doesn't have to. Not every choice you make in life is because you have to. Not every responsibility one chooses to take on is forced upon them. Sometimes people take things that are not inherently their responsibility and make it so via their own free will do to so. A foster child is not the foster family's responsibility because its forced on them or its naturally theirs. It becomes their responsibility because they choose to take it. Same thing in this theory. Nothing more nothing less. And hell it could all prove moot as I could easily be wrong and Superdad just loses his powers and they live as the normal Elliots.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-25-2016 at 10:10 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/...938944/photo/1

Damian Wayne & Jonathan White team up in the new #DCRebirth series SUPER SONS, coming September!
    Last edited by Naruto1996; 03-26-2016 at 05:23 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post

Here's what I'm thinking, based on some stuff this image has solidified for me:

Super League involves a mysterious new guy with the solar flare power, who seems to look at least somewhat like the Superman of Future's End (secretly Captain Marvel). His big final whatever sends the pre-Flashpoint Superman, Lois and Jon back to their own universe...but because Batman's involved, Robin gets sucked along in tow, causing some serious "Batman is just so unhappy, you guys" vibes to go along with his take in BvS, and also clearing the board for Duke to become Robin as he's been getting set up for awhile, a double-whammy to pull some Days Of Future Past style "even though it seems to be prevented, will a version of the Future's End timeline still come to pass?" shenanigans. Meanwhile, the new Earth 2 book focuses on the pre-Flashpoint DCU, with Superman and Lois returning to a world that's had almost a decade to adjust to their absence. Super Sons focuses on Superman and Batman's kids from a darker version of the DCU suddenly being in a classic version of it, one learning this better Earth is his birthright, one trying to get back home since this not only isn't his world, but he's the embodiment of everything "wrong" with his own that Superdad hated so much (of course, Damian exists on this Earth too, but who knows what's gone down? Heck, he might be old enough to be a new Batman at this point).

Or they'll go the "Merged Superman" route, in which case Jon is just Superman and Lois's kid, which would at least be fairly radical to introduce for the 'main' version of the character.
    Your idea is fantastic. It's been made clear that the pre-Flashpoint characters are staying on Earth-0, as the info about AC says Superman and Lois return to Metropolis because Luthor (Earth-0) has declared himself "The Superman of Metropolis." As for a merging, I don't know how that would even work, but with Johns, I'm sure it will be strange and ultimately more convoluted than simply using the Multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Yeah, it's kind of utterly bonkers to even consider having them in the DCU longterm. Just have them save their world and return to it and have a book about SUPERMAN and his family on that earth.

Hell, he could still visit our Superman from time to time and vice versa.
    That's what I'd love to see. Give me that title on the pre-Flashpoint Earth, and I'll buy the team up issues with Earth-0 Superman. Pre-COIE Superman was much more like the Earth-2 Superman once he married Lois, anyway. The dynamic would be fun.

I don't think we'll ever see (at least under DiDio) what became of Wally and the pre-Flashpoint Earth, which I still maintain was erased at the end of Convergence. DiDio wouldn't want to bring it back whole cloth, as it would be a pretty big admission that he was wrong.

Is Jon Kent supposed to be Pre New 52 Supermans son? If I remember correctly he and Lois could not have a kid, that was a large part of Geoff Johns run on action and why Chris Kent was important for a time.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    Is Jon Kent supposed to be Pre New 52 Supermans son? If I remember correctly he and Lois could not have a kid, that was a large part of Geoff Johns run on action and why Chris Kent was important for a time.
    He's their son. He's in Superman: Lois and Clark

Last edited by Naruto1996; 03-27-2016 at 03:45 PM.

Jon Kent is the biological son of Superman(Clark Kent) and Lois Lane
    Last edited by Naruto1996; 03-27-2016 at 03:46 PM.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

"Thank" Convergence for this. When PFP Gotham was snatched up by Telos and sealed in a sun-blocking dome for a year while PFP L&C were there, PFP Clark eventually burns out his solar reserves and becomes mere human-strength. This enables him and PFP Lois to get busy and have Jonathan Samuel Kent without incident (with the bonus of Thomas Wayne!Batman performing the delivery later on in the event).
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    "Thank" Convergence for this. When PFP Gotham was snatched up by Telos and sealed in a sun-blocking dome for a year while PFP L&C were there, PFP Clark eventually burns out his solar reserves and becomes mere human-strength. This enables him and PFP Lois to get busy and have Jonathan Samuel Kent without incident (with the bonus of Thomas Wayne!Batman performing the delivery later on in the event).
    It wasn't actually his reserves burning out. There was some kind of universal power suppressor in those domes. Their effect was kind of inconsistent (in Harley Quinn, they even cured insanity). But, either way, it's basically that power suppressor that allowed them to have a son.
    Last edited by NeonZ; 03-27-2016 at 04:55 PM.