Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Lets keep it Superman centered please. No Damian.
    I love Damian but I agree. A title with "Super" in it suggests well, two "supers".

But again I wholly expect this scenario because the default answer to any question at DC is "add Batman or a Batman-related character".

Here's a twist of an idea, Jon Kent from the pre-Flashpoint verse and the future son of Superman and Wonder Woman from the current verse. That would be a weird dynamic. Kinda like step-brothers only..not, lol.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-22-2016 at 05:42 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

I would hAve loved to see a world's finest book and a super sons book running at the same time.

I really really want kon being apart of this,but I don't really see him as a super son.sure he is the clone of one in this universe,but i dont see him like that,i see him as clone created to recreate superman,either good or bad intentions,but never a son,no matter how much that idea has been shoved down our throat.

Im gonna go in ASSuming that this is damian and jon,with jon very much like the original kon (minus him being girl crazy),and hope to see kon move into the next step of his life,maybe take another hero name(Scion),and a new look,place,and mission.

It is with great shame that I admit I didn't know the "super sons" idea was a thing pre-Crisis. I had NEVER head of this before. I don't know how it slipped past the radar, I mean I'm not expert on everything Superman from that time, but but I thought I knew at the very least most of the old concepts. This one totally passed me by though. No freaking wonder everyone's assuming Damian will be a part of it. I get it now. D'oh!
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I love Damian but I agree. A title with "Super" in it suggests well, two "supers".

But again I wholly expect this scenario because the default answer to any question at DC is "add Batman or a Batman-related character".

Here's a twist of an idea, Jon Kent from the pre-Flashpoint verse and the future son of Superman and Wonder Woman from the current verse. That would be a weird dynamic. Kinda like step-brothers only..not, lol.
    Indeed. No Bat characters please

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It is with great shame that I admit I didn't know the "super sons" idea was a thing pre-Crisis. I had NEVER head of this before. I don't know how it slipped past the radar, I mean I'm not expert on everything Superman from that time, but but I thought I knew at the very least most of the old concepts. This one totally passed me by though. No freaking wonder everyone's assuming Damian will be a part of it. I get it now. D'oh!
    Shocked you didnt Know that lol.

Im guessing this is where jon (and his parents) will be seen,and where Damian will be,both have no books.

Kon hopefully will be back,and with tim,cassie,and bart

BANNED

No way we could get that lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Shocked you didnt Know that lol.

Im guessing this is where jon (and his parents) will be seen,and where Damian will be,both have no books.

Kon hopefully will be back,and with tim,cassie,and bart
    It was just one of those things, though World's Finest is admittedly a title I didn't pay due diligence too.

Retired

The Super Sons mainly featured in the Murray Boltinoff edited issues of WORLD'S FINEST COMICS--although an earlier version of them existed in a few Weisinger edited issues and in a couple of Boltinoff ACTION COMICS.

Boltinoff's WF is something you can easily skip, because he pays little respect to continuity in the other DC books. Even I dropped the title for a time, when Boltinoff was editing those comics--leaving me with a few holes in my WF run now. So the Super Sons were not related to anything else and their stories didn't make a whole lot of sense.

Boltinoff clearly wanted to have Superman and Batman as teens, to appeal to teens at the time. Remember he was also editing SUPERBOY AND THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES, around then--so he probably saw the value in doing stories that the kids would dig. But as a result, the Super Sons are more like '70s teens than some teens living in a distant future.

While the image of Superman as a teen was not unusual--given all the Superboy stories--it was quite jarring to see Batman as a teen. I could never quite get used to that. Although I guess BATMAN BEYOND mined the same territory.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

DC comics is proud to present

SUPER-SONS

Set on Earth-16 aka Earth-Me. Follow the lives and adventures of Chris Kent and Damian Wayne aka Superman and Batman.
    lies, sex, and super drugs.

Written by Max Landis and Art by Ben Oliver and more artist to come.

I mean like could it not be more perfect a match?

Not real, but it damn well should be
    Last edited by Superlad93; 03-08-2016 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    No way we could get that lucky.
    I had to try.

I really like the idea of Jon White and Damian Wayne teaming up.

And ever since I learned about Jon, I've wanted him and Kal to have a real brotherly relationship, like Dick and Damian. Making Jon become Superlad or whatever could really make that a viable concept!

BANNED

Why? the idea of Super Sons goes all the way back to the early Silver Age and it involved sons of both Batman and Superman. Just because something has Super in it's name doesn't neccessarily mean it's solely Superman related you know
    Didio just called it his favourite book,not sure whether that's a good sign or bad

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Well, we have a much more concrete image to build off of now:

Buh-bye

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Well, we have a much more concrete image to build off of now:

That's just adorable! Seems like it's Jon after all. Wonder what he'll go by? Superboy seems like a good option.

Where's that pic from btw?

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    That's just adorable! Seems like it's Jon after all. Wonder what he'll go by? Superboy seems like a good option.

Where's that pic from btw?
    DC released another Rebirth teaser today (they already put out two, one with Harley and what looks like Killer Croc with the tagline "Redemption", one with Jessica Cruz as a Green Lantern with the tagline "Power". This has "Destiny").
    Buh-bye