Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Are you thinking of getting a cintiq? Or already have one?
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

Hey, for the people who dont visit the X-Boards, we have a jam going on. Come and join: http://community.comicbookresources....-Blue-amp-Gold
    ART JAM VI:House Of Mouse

V

IV

III

II

Quote Originally Posted by R.E.B View Post
    Hey, for the people who dont visit the X-Boards, we have a jam going on. Come and join: http://community.comicbookresources....-Blue-amp-Gold
    And a great Jam it turned out to be! :-)

As for this Jam.... Apocalypse Now.... It's still on my mind, that it could turn out great! Already so many great entries.

It's a worry that Justin's not returned :-( I PMd him a few times to wish him well but didn't hear back. & I know some other members did the same. Hope he's ok...

I would be happy to take on this Jam to see it through to it's conclusion if people thought that is the right thing to do? I could come up with my own list for the remaining numbers, and a new timescale for completion. But I've never composed one of these final Jam pieces before and would do it in Manga Studio, as I don't have Photoshop. Or if people think it would be best for someone with experience, like R.E.B. to take it on, then I agree (just don't want to give more work to someone when it's my idea! ;-) )

Also, I'm wary that it could well be seen as disrespectful to Justin, as it's his Jam, so I'd only go any further if it was clear that it would be with the full agreement that this is a respectful proposal intended as an assist to him.

What do people think?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Batman View Post
    As for this Jam.... Apocalypse Now.... It's still on my mind, that it could turn out great! Already so many great entries.

It's a worry that Justin's not returned :-( I PMd him a few times to wish him well but didn't hear back. & I know some other members did the same. Hope he's ok...

I would be happy to take on this Jam to see it through to it's conclusion if people thought that is the right thing to do? I could come up with my own list for the remaining numbers, and a new timescale for completion. But I've never composed one of these final Jam pieces before and would do it in Manga Studio, as I don't have Photoshop. Or if people think it would be best for someone with experience, like R.E.B. to take it on, then I agree (just don't want to give more work to someone when it's my idea! ;-) )

Also, I'm wary that it could well be seen as disrespectful to Justin, as it's his Jam, so I'd only go any further if it was clear that it would be with the full agreement that this is a respectful proposal intended as an assist to him.

What do people think?
    I didn't realize this didn't finish. I have a photo-shop esque program, if it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I didn't realize this didn't finish. I have a photo-shop esque program, if it helps.
    Photoshop esque sounds intriguing! :-)

If we continue it would be good to get the other numbers filled in. Let's hang fire & see what other suggestions are made...

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

As the saying goes, if you build it, they will come. The Apocalypse theme was a solid one, but towards the end there the interest and/or contributions slowed quite a bit. Maybe if you give everyone some time to recharge their creative batteries and come up with a good theme for a jam, we can get this joint rocking again?

Maybe what we can use right now is a less structured jam? I recently participated in the "Draw one, ask one" thread at Comicvine's artist forum. ( http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums...ne-663132/#965 ) The rules were simple: one artist would name a character and submit a piece to get it started. The artist would submit his art, but then name a character for others to draw. Subseqent participants would then take up the baton and submit drawings of the character named in the previous post on a first come, first serve basis.

If the chaos of potentially having multiple versions of the same character doesn't bother you, something like that might work here at CBR with some tweaking. Maybe instead of the artist naming one character, he or she names 3 characters, with one of the options being either a character of their choice, or one of their own creation by default. Participants would be free to draw any of the characters named and then leave 3 more choices for the next artist. For a twist, we could allow artists to draw any of the unsubmitted characters named in preceding posts. So if someone new comes to the forum when we're on page 10 and sees that a character named on page 2 wasn't drawn, he or she would be able to draw that character...and then name 3 more characters.

Obviously, if you go with the above suggestion, building the final collage might be an insane undertaking. But then again, you could always come up with reasonable deadline stating when the art is eligible to make the final poster. That's if you even decide to have a final poster.

Just my $0.02.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 11-07-2016 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    As the saying goes, if you build it, they will come. The Apocalypse theme was a solid one, but towards the end there the interest and/or contributions slowed quite a bit. Maybe if you give everyone some time to recharge their creative batteries and come up with a good theme for a jam, we can get this joint rocking again?

Maybe what we can use right now is a less structured jam? I recently participated in the "Draw one, ask one" thread at Comicvine's artist forum. ( http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums...ne-663132/#965 ) The rules were simple: one artist would name a character and submit a piece to get it started. The artist would submit his art, but then name a character for others to draw. Subseqent participants would then take up the baton and submit drawings of the character named in the previous post on a first come, first serve basis.

If the chaos of potentially having multiple versions of the same character doesn't bother you, something like that might work here at CBR with some tweaking. Maybe instead of the artist naming one character, he or she names 3 characters, with one of the options being either a character of their choice, or one of their own creation by default. Participants would be free to draw any of the characters named and then leave 3 more choices for the next artist. For a twist, we could allow artists to draw any of the unsubmitted characters named in preceding posts. So if someone new comes to the forum when we're on page 10 and sees that a character named on page 2 wasn't drawn, he or she would be able to draw that character...and then name 3 more characters.

Obviously, if you go with the above suggestion, building the final collage might be an insane undertaking. But then again, you could always come up with reasonable deadline stating when the art is eligible to make the final poster. That's if you even decide to have a final poster.

Just my $0.02.
    You know your exchange rate is good with me JP: that's worth way more than $0.02 in my book...! :-) I think that's a great idea you describe. I was also thinking of a possible Jam where the positioning of the figures is loosely outlined at the beginning... This would make it more like a traditional 'art-jam', e.g. One paid for at conventions. The advantage would be that more of the art would be visible in the finished piece, the disadvantage would be more restriction regarding the 'pose'.

I just got a new job yesterday, a promotion after working in my current job for 9 years, so as it turns out I won't have time to embark on coordinating a Jam right now! But if someone sets one up I'll hopefully be,able to contribute a bit :-)