Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    A box the main public hasnt realll seen
    so what is overdone for you will be fresh for them
    I was talking about the comics there not the potential movie. Also we don't know yet what this movie is going to entail. At this point there's no way of knowing how closely its going to adhere to the source material and frankly I doubt the general public is going to care for that matter.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWing View Post
    yeah i love the globetrotting also but he even agent 37 had spyral h.q. gotham will never be a place nightwing can call his own, it will always belong to batman and batman alone. dick living in gotham at this point will do nothing but make him look like a glorified robin and us fan will complain why nightwing never get the love and respect from WB and DC because he cant stand on his own and show different places,characters and theme that cant already be done with batman and gotham
    I'm saying Gotham is his home not his home base. Its the place where "Dick Grayson" has an apartment or flat for show. Meanwhile, Nightwing is a globetrotting hero without a traceable centralized base of operations.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'm saying Gotham is his home not his home base. Its the place where "Dick Grayson" has an apartment or flat for show. Meanwhile, Nightwing is a globetrotting hero without a traceable centralized base of operations.
    I get what you are saying. I just think if dick is in gotham in anyway both DC and WB will just past on him in favor of batman and others. nightwing needs to be able to stand on his own from batman and the batfam the way grayson did and superman and green arrow do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Of course, that was all REALRoy. NuRoy suuuuuuuuucks. Rebirth Roy isn't up to form yet, but I think he's on his way. And also, I'm personally glad he's getting back with Donna. I think those two work really well together.
    Please, pair Donna up with ANYTHING but the Titans' writer's very own Mary Sue character Terry Long!!!!! Actually, ship Dick and Donna and they'd look like Donny and Marie.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWing View Post
    I get what you are saying. I just think if dick is in gotham in anyway both DC and WB will just past on him in favor of batman and others. nightwing needs to be able to stand on his own from batman and the batfam the way grayson did and superman and green arrow do.
    The thing is I think Bludhaven is also something that connects him to Batman in a way that does exactly what you're saying in the highlighted bit of your post, especially in the case of the original Bludhaven. He needs somewhere new to be like he was in Grayson or with the NTT.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    Agreed, Grayson gave Dick his own pocket of the DC Universe that was building around him. He actually had intresting supporting characters for example Helena, Tiger, Midnighter and new ones on the way like Grifter and King Faraday. He had cool tech and was depicted as being as mentally competent as he is physical. Their has never been a more impressive showing for the character than the time he has been a Spyral Agent. In Nightwing he faced sub par villians and matched wits against the Prankster. In Grayson he is having to go up against whole organizations and shaking hands with Maxwell Lord. I can't for the life of me understand what some are clamoring for him to go back to. I would argue that his showing as Batman wasn't even as strong because at the end Bruce saved the day. I can only hope they are as ambitious about advancing Dick in Nightwing: Rebirth as they have been in Grayson. If history has taught us anything though it's that as Nightwing he was treated as not important and got Batman's hand me downs. Tom King for the most part has been true to his word so hopefully the fact that Nightwing is one of the characters that was chosen to be double shipped is a good sign that he will get much better treatment.
    This thread is beautiful, all our fears have come true.

Boy, were you right on the money. Now dick is back to being nothing, a bat sidekick that's isolated and irrelevant to the rest of the dcu. But hey we got batman-lite back.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 05-02-2019 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Grayson, but I'm not against him becoming Nightwing again depending on the situation. If the new Nightwing is Grayson with a costume, bring it on. If the new Nightwing is more global super heroics I'll certainly give it a chance. If the new Nightwing is just Dick back in gotham or Bludhaven, or some other Gotham hellscape suburb I think I'll drop.

Now this is just imo, but I love Grayson on a big stage. Leader of the Teen Titans/Titans, part of Justice League, doing his spy thing. Great. But the street level thing, I'm not interested in. Dick sadly has no street level rogues gallery, no street level supporting cast. I just don't feel like signing up for another rebuild.
    Lucky you. # get nightwing out of the bat office.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    But hey we got batman-lite back.
    Green Arrow went somewhere?

In a way maybe it’s a good thing Grayson ended when it did. I’ve come to the conclusion that I wouldn’t trust the current managers and editors in the Bat office with Grayson with out Seeley or King anyway. Incompetence and just not giving a **** will find a way to make a **** show out of anything. So I don’t know, maybe its better it ended leaving some wanting more. Before they could unleashed the likes Lobdell and Jurgan on it and have people begging for them to stop.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-02-2019 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    In a way it’s maybe a good thing Grayson ended. I’ve come to the conclusion that I wouldn’t trust the current managers and editors in the Bat office with Grayson with out Seeley or King anyway. Incompetence and just not giving a **** will find a way to make a **** show out of anything. So I don’t know, maybe its better it ended leaving some wanting more. Before they could unleashed the likes Lobdell and Jurgan on it and have people begging for them to stop.
    The thing is I dont need Grayson back. The Nightwing id is awesome! Its the direction and status quo that suck and needs fixing. Dick doesn't need to go back to agent 37, nightwings awesome but he needs to go back to agent 37's direction and status quo. Nightwing needs to be the face of the dcu's spyverse, in the same way green lantern is with the cosmic verse and wonder woman is with fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    Agreed, Grayson gave Dick his own pocket of the DC Universe that was building around him. He actually had intresting supporting characters for example Helena, Tiger, Midnighter and new ones on the way like Grifter and King Faraday. He had cool tech and was depicted as being as mentally competent as he is physical. Their has never been a more impressive showing for the character than the time he has been a Spyral Agent. In Nightwing he faced sub par villians and matched wits against the Prankster. In Grayson he is having to go up against whole organizations and shaking hands with Maxwell Lord. I can't for the life of me understand what some are clamoring for him to go back to. I would argue that his showing as Batman wasn't even as strong because at the end Bruce saved the day. I can only hope they are as ambitious about advancing Dick in Nightwing: Rebirth as they have been in Grayson. If history has taught us anything though it's that as Nightwing he was treated as not important and got Batman's hand me downs. Tom King for the most part has been true to his word so hopefully the fact that Nightwing is one of the characters that was chosen to be double shipped is a good sign that he will get much better treatment.
    This post is just heartbreaking to read. Going back to Nightwing ended up being exactly what they feared, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    In a way maybe a good thing Grayson ended when it did. I’ve come to the conclusion that I wouldn’t trust the current managers and editors in the Bat office with Grayson with out Seeley or King anyway. Incompetence and just not giving a **** will find a way to make a **** show out of anything. So I don’t know, maybe its better it ended leaving some wanting more. Before they could unleashed the likes Lobdell and Jurgan on it and have people begging for them to stop.
    Seeley might not have felt so frustrated if he could have continued with the Grayson ideas and expanded into more Batman INC things and not have left the book. That was always where his interest was and maybe he could have had a 50+ issue run where he really got to do some amazing things building off what he and King did. He tried to do that in his Nightwing run some but it never felt right and unfortunately people that didn't read Grayson didn't like it and slammed it.

With the Grayson setting maybe Seeley could have actually done something interesting with Dick if King was so dead set on shooting him in the head. Dick probably would have still gotten treated like garbage in events and the main Batman book regardless, so I don't know if Seeley could have survived that mess and kept his interest level up given how many writers and people in management tried to undermine the character.
    Last edited by Badou; 05-02-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    . . . Seeley might not have felt so frustrated if he could have continued with the Gayson ideas . . .
    What an unfortunate typo!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

No, it's fortunate.

"Am I straight?"

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    What an unfortunate typo!
    Haha, they both had that that red spellcheck line under them so I didn't even notice.

I would take 100 Grayson issues over 1 of the current Ric/Reek "I'm not Nightwing but I have a team of them" nonsense.

Grayson was the book I never knew I needed and Dick at his best.

Current Nightwing is unrecognizable needs-a-bath ex-Dick at his worst. Ugh.