Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Nobody could POSSIBLY look as good in that Nightwing costume as Dick Grayson does.

So a character with his own ongoing solo title is possibly/probably getting a slightly different ongoing solo title? Man, what a crushing disappointment that must be.

BANNED

I think him returning as Nightwing is the only way me and the guys at the LCS will support anything related to Dick Grayson. There's a bunch of unique things you can do with him as Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    I think him returning as Nightwing is the only way me and the guys at the LCS will support anything related to Dick Grayson. There's a bunch of unique things you can do with him as Nightwing.
    Just as we saw bunch of unique things in Grayson so I don't really see how this argument works for one side but not for another.

Incredible Member

There's a bunch of unique things you can do with him as Nightwing.
    And maybe one day we'll get a writer who'll try some.

If there is no story to tell for King anymore, it's better to cancel the title. Better to cancel and leave a great legacy than continuing without great story and ruining everything. IMAO. Creative team matters more ( I just hope Janin won't leave) and I see lots of people who prefer and miss Nightwing, whom nobody can replace but Dick. He became an iconic character like Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman. Agent 37 hasn't reached that point yet.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Owl View Post
    If there is no story to tell for King anymore, it's better to cancel the title. Better to cancel and leave a great legacy than continuing without great story and ruining everything. IMAO. Creative team matters more ( I just hope Janin won't leave) and I see lots of people who prefer and miss Nightwing, whom nobody can replace but Dick. He became an iconic character like Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman. Agent 37 hasn't reached that point yet.
    It hasn't reached that point due to fans not giving it a chance because Dick isn't in a costume anymore. A Nightwing costume, to be precise.

Fantastic Member

Yeah you can use him as a punching bag for any villain who wants a crack at batman,you can use him as a punching bag for the newest bat character the want to push and ..... well you get the gist

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    So a character with his own ongoing solo title is possibly/probably getting a slightly different ongoing solo title? Man, what a crushing disappointment that must be.

The chances of that 'different' title to be another generic superhero comic book is too high for us to not feel a little disappointed

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

'Grayson' could've easily been a Nightwing story. People who wanna hate 'Grayson' because he's not in a Nightwing costume baffle me. It's literally the best story he's been a part of since Morrison's 'B&R'. I Just hope that DC might've learned their lesson and Seeley/King showed them how to write good Dick Grayson stories.
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 02-24-2016 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yash View Post
    Yeah you can use him as a punching bag for any villain who wants a crack at batman,you can use him as a punching bag for the newest bat character the want to push and ..... well you get the gist
    That last bit happened when he wasn't Nightwing though.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That last bit happened when he wasn't Nightwing though.
    Which makes the problem all the more worse,during Grayson he went to Gotham once and bat office could not resist the temptation now if he will return to Gotham it would probably be for a long time all the time to make duke and harper look strong and smart at the expense of him

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Just as we saw bunch of unique things in Grayson so I don't really see how this argument works for one side but not for another.
    No one was making this argument when Roy did the spy thing before.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    No one was making this argument when Roy did the spy thing before.
    But was there actaully a storyline about Roys time as Spy? Didn't this mostly happened of panel?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Tbf, DC doesn't do a whole lot of catering to 90s/2000s nostalgia.
    If they did they'd probably have more readers.

Rebirth seems like DC finally realized that the Nu52 was mostly a failure.

Personally, I won't miss Grayson one iota but I have the entire Dixon run of 'Wing and beyond.