Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Spider-Fan View Post
I have several questions, so I'll just post them in a list format. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
DemonRin answered pretty much as I would already, however I can add a couple comments.

- Detective & Streets of Gotham are decent enough but hardly must read or especially unique. There's plenty of other great stuff to keep you busy before you get to these.
- Resurrection is worth grabbing if you're either a) right into the Morrison run or b) the big Ra's Al Ghul stories or c) interested in the entire arc of Damian Wayne as there's a few pivotal scenes to his story in here. Quality wise it is indeed very up and down, being a crossover.
- You don't need to keep up with any other Batman books. That said I'd strongly urge you to at least try Grayson; it's only 1 issue in so you're starting at the ground floor, and all signs so far indicate it's going to be a particularly excellent series. Also Eternal; it's not causing broader ramifications line-wide just yet, but certainly will over the next 6 months and again is one of the better books out at the moment, featuring a ton of Batfamily but also the main man enough to make it count as a "core book" (first trade is out December and you can keep up with the changes by reading threads here I suppose, if you want to go in trade).
- Don't even bother wasting thought on Daniels 'Tec. Layman's Tec on the other hand, while not exactly groundbreaking has been one of the high points on the New 52 so far; very little of it remains carried over in present books but if you're after something fun, solid and fairly recent continuity wise then you could check it out down the line. The current M&B run beginning in the arc "Icarus' is very cool, would definitely recommend you grab in trade (about a year from now )
- Dark Knight was okay while it was coming out but in bigger picture it's very far down the list of trades you have available to you as a new reader.
- There is indeed tons of great stuff not yet collected; that said I wouldn't worry about it just now as again there's hundreds of dollars of trades you can get through first . You'll begin to find your way around the uncollected stuff as you learn what you like and what interests you.

If it's Batman V Superman that's got you on a kick I'd also suggest

The Dark Knight Returns; the BIG one; if you've already read it somewhere a while back.. buy it, own it and read it again (and again!)
Red Son classic Superman story featuring him VS Batman, Wonder Woman and Lex all ganged up in key supporting roles. Yep it's Elseworlds but more importantly it gets to the heart of the character and concepts and sets up a credible reason for why you'd want to take a guy like Superman down. (also don't worry that it's Mark Millar...it's far and away the best thing he ever wrote and worth a chance despite his name)
Superman/Wonder Woman Vol.1: Power Couple portrays Clark, Diana and their broader supporting casts and backdrops in a very modern and "iconic" style perfect for new DC readers or anyone coming in from the Man of Steel film. Villains are Zod, Faora and the WW's familial Pantheon of Gods (who now take on modern appearances and are generally pretty cool), also several great appearances from Batman. Don't be put off by the romance angle - it's not as cheesy as it ought to be if you like modern Superman and Wonder Woman as seen here you can branch out into Superman Unchained Vol.1 and Wonder Woman Vol.1 : Blood - both excellent and likely to be very in-line with the Zack Snyder treatment.