Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I saw nowhere else to post this so I thought that I would do so here. Is it possible to start a new Batman permanent thread featuring upcoming Batman merchandise it could be books, comics, statues, clothing etc. so that fans can be on the look out for it and buy it. I know that people sometimes start threads with this type of information, but it quickly gets bumped down. Just my two cents.

So after watching that little bit of Batman vs Robin I'm kind of curious about Damian Batman 666. Is it just an issue, an arc, a mini-series, etc? What's all the Batman 666 stuff out there?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    So after watching that little bit of Batman vs Robin I'm kind of curious about Damian Batman 666. Is it just an issue, an arc, a mini-series, etc? What's all the Batman 666 stuff out there?
    Under Grant, DamianBats 666 is just a (temporary) alternate future story in Grant's larger Batman run that is seemingly averted by the events in that run (Damian dying, etc).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    From memory the timeline appears in Batman #666, Batman #700, and Batman Incorporated (New 52) #5, and that's it.

tozeka

Hello. I'm new to comics. I read some of the batman books and now i will begin to read the new 52 batman ( i just bought the first 4 volumes).
    Is it enough to understand and enjoy the batman books or do i really need to read some other titles ( i don't want to)? Because it seems that are all connected.

I'm asking this because i'm reading now the KnightSaga, and i wonder if i just read the batman titles , i would not understand or enjoy the knightsaga.

Thanks.

Default Batman Reading Order

Hey guys I'm really interested in reading the Batman series, this includes characters like Batgirl, Harley Quin, Joker, Catwoman and Robin
    can someone please tell me or give me a proper guide for starting from the new 52. Like do i need to read justlce league to know what happens in Batman?
    I want to know when the events happen? after the movies? or are they set in their own world? Please I really need an explanation, I've been trying all day LOL
    I feel like throwing a fit haha. Someone please tell me the reading order for the new 52.
    Last edited by AAXL98; 04-30-2015 at 05:42 PM.

Incredible Member

Start with, naturally, the #0 issues. Origins, for most of the Bat-cast in their own titles, pieces of Bruce Wayne's past in his.

For the villains, childhoods and origins, the #23. (23.1, 23.2, 23.3, 23.4) issues of Batman, Detective Comics, Batman the Dark Knight, Batman & Robin.

Then, Batman #21-27, #29-33 for "Zero Year", Batman's origin.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Honestly, the best thing you can do is just pick up a comic with Batman in it and go from there. Any comic.

Though, there is a "where to start" stuck up at the top here that gives some new-reader-friendly greats, like Year One or The Long Halloween.

There's no way to functionally "start at the beginning" and work your way forward, and even if it could be done, it would mean, inevitably, reading a bunch of comics you might not like before you get to those you would enjoy most.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Start with, naturally, the #0 issues. Origins, for most of the Bat-cast in their own titles, pieces of Bruce Wayne's past in his.

For the villains, childhoods and origins, the #23. (23.1, 23.2, 23.3, 23.4) issues of Batman, Detective Comics, Batman the Dark Knight, Batman & Robin.

Then, Batman #21-27, #29-33 for "Zero Year", Batman's origin.
    I see... alright thank you then. But what new 52 Batman Comics do you recommend? there's Batman and Robin? Detective or whatever it's called? Which ones do you think are worth reading.

Start with Batman #1. Then read Batman #2, and so on and so forth. It's as simple as that.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by AhmedAliGHZ View Post
    I see... alright thank you then. But what new 52 Batman Comics do you recommend? there's Batman and Robin? Detective or whatever it's called? Which ones do you think are worth reading.
    Of the new 52, I would stick to Batman. Issue #40 just came out. Batman #1 is fine for a new reader. There are a lot of recommendations as to what to read, but it depends on what your interests are. This current run is one of the best of all time. Can't go wrong unless you just end up not really liking batman

Quote Originally Posted by PyroSikTh View Post
    Start with Batman #1. Then read Batman #2, and so on and so forth. It's as simple as that.
    You don't have to get smart with the guy. He's obviously new to it all, so encourage him rather than discourage him.

The easiest way is to just read trades. For Batman, start with Batman Vol. 1: The Court of Owls by Scott Snyder, and continue from there. The trades will collect the issues relevant to the story arc. Other runs worth reading from Vol. 1 are Batman and Robin, Batwoman, Nightwing, and Batgirl. Some more recent runs to check out include Grayson (a must-read), Catwoman (starting with #35), and Detective Comics (starting with #30). Remember that you don't always have to start with #1. You can just jump onto the start of any writer's run.

Fortunately, DC is trying to make it easy for new readers like you to jump in. Like joybeans said, pick up the trades for the Nu52 Batman titles (Batman, Detective Comics, and Batman and Robin) and just read them in order. If you like a particular title, you'll eventually get caught up to the monthly comics and can just start reading them regularly.

Also, if you enjoyed the movies, you may be interested in the stories that inspired the movies. They're still in print and some of Batman's "classic" tales. Look for trades of The Long Halloween, The Man Who Laughs, Batman: Year One, and Knightfall. There are a couple of other stories that influenced the movies, which I think it covered in the thread at the top of this forum.

Most new readers are unsure of where to start. I know I was when I started reading. It may seem odd, but the best thing to do is just pick up a comic and dive right in. You can always ask if the issue you'r grabbing is part of an ongoing story and if they have the other parts. Really though, just dive in.

Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    Fortunately, DC is trying to make it easy for new readers like you to jump in. Like joybeans said, pick up the trades for the Nu52 Batman titles (Batman, Detective Comics, and Batman and Robin) and just read them in order. If you like a particular title, you'll eventually get caught up to the monthly comics and can just start reading them regularly.

Also, if you enjoyed the movies, you may be interested in the stories that inspired the movies. They're still in print and some of Batman's "classic" tales. Look for trades of The Long Halloween, The Man Who Laughs, Batman: Year One, and Knightfall. There are a couple of other stories that influenced the movies, which I think it covered in the thread at the top of this forum.

Most new readers are unsure of where to start. I know I was when I started reading. It may seem odd, but the best thing to do is just pick up a comic and dive right in. You can always ask if the issue you'r grabbing is part of an ongoing story and if they have the other parts. Really though, just dive in.
    Thank you so much! You really helped man I'm going to start reading the Batman Detective comics then move on to Batman then Batman and Robin and then Bat Girl