Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm thinking about adding Batman: Snow to my buy list, and was wondering if anyone knew more about it or other possible Mr. Freeze origin stories. Mr. Freeze was one of my favorite characters in the animated series, though I know the comics version isn't necessarily like that. Just want a good origin for my comic collection, wouldn't mind a complete list of such stories if there's more than a few. Thanks in advance!
    Snow is alright. The art is obviously it's strongest point however it also tries a somewhat different take on Batman's early years and crimefighting methods which is cool to see.

The other origins are
    Batman: Mr Freeze this was released alongside Batman:Bane, Batman: Poison Ivy for the '97 movie however it also happens to be Paul Dini's adaption of the TAS origin for comics.
    Batman Annual 1; the New 52 origin was not generally well received and removes much of what made the TAS version work, collected in Vol.2: City of Owls

http://ifanboy.com/articles/dc-histories-mr-freeze/

The best Freeze imo is th first arc of Gotham Central. Apart from that there's actually not many stories worth hunting down, stories where he plays a prominent role at least.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

How's Eternal coming along? Thinking of getting the first trade if it's worth getting.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

New 52 has little connection with the old one so is it still necessary to get the old ones?
    Like this weekend i purchased Batman & Robin Vol. 2 Batman vs. Robin and Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman: Trinity from Amazon.
    Last edited by stick0; 10-12-2014 at 01:37 PM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stick0 View Post
    New 52 has little connection with the old one so is it still necessary to get the old ones?
    Like this weekend i purchased Batman & Robin Vol. 2 Batman vs. Robin and Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman: Trinity from Amazon.
    Of course it isn't necessary (thoufh some Bat stories like most of Morrison's run are still in continuity) but some of those older stories are really good and worth the purchase wheter they still matter or not
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by stick0 View Post
    Pretty much as above; very little is absolutely essential but that doesn't mean you should rule anything out just because it's pre 2011. Everything in the New 52 is still informed by what came before, in style and inspiration if not strict continuity.

The Morrison run began in the old U and ended in New 52. Have you read the chapters leading up to Batman VS Robin?

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    How's Eternal coming along? Thinking of getting the first trade if it's worth getting.
    For a series that demands you buy four times a month it's selling pretty great and generally well received by those who are keeping up. I'd absolutely recommend the first volume in December, for a number of reasons; it's the ultimate Big Crazy Crossover Event, in the vein of Hush, Knightfall, NML etc but smarter, sexier and far more fun; it features basically everyone in a prominent role; and is increasingly driving several major and interesting developments across the entire Batman U.

Yet to received my copies.

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Snow is alright. The art is obviously it's strongest point however it also tries a somewhat different take on Batman's early years and crimefighting methods which is cool to see.

The other origins are
    Batman: Mr Freeze this was released alongside Batman:Bane, Batman: Poison Ivy for the '97 movie however it also happens to be Paul Dini's adaption of the TAS origin for comics.
    Batman Annual 1; the New 52 origin was not generally well received and removes much of what made the TAS version work, collected in Vol.2: City of Owls

http://ifanboy.com/articles/dc-histories-mr-freeze/

The best Freeze imo is th first arc of Gotham Central. Apart from that there's actually not many stories worth hunting down, stories where he plays a prominent role at least.
    Thank you for the info!

All-New Member

On the internet as far as I can tell it says that one should read the Grant Morrison run before getting into Batman New 52. Så what I've done so far is buy the first 8 TBPs, but I have waited with the last 2. The last 2 are a part of the New 52 so my question is this:

Should I read up to Batman inc. and then start New 52 and sometime later get back to Batman inc. 1+2 New 52 TBPs?
    or
    Should I read the whole Grant Morrison run and then start on the New 52?

It the Grant Morrison run is like a package then the last option sounds nicest, but I don't know if that'll make me run into some continuity trouble with things introduces in the Batman New 52 series?

Any help will be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Loving it! Theres so much happening and the art is lovely!
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Quote Originally Posted by langgaard View Post
    On the internet as far as I can tell it says that one should read the Grant Morrison run before getting into Batman New 52. Så what I've done so far is buy the first 8 TBPs, but I have waited with the last 2. The last 2 are a part of the New 52 so my question is this:

Should I read up to Batman inc. and then start New 52 and sometime later get back to Batman inc. 1+2 New 52 TBPs?
    or
    Should I read the whole Grant Morrison run and then start on the New 52?

It the Grant Morrison run is like a package then the last option sounds nicest, but I don't know if that'll make me run into some continuity trouble with things introduces in the Batman New 52 series?

Any help will be appreciated
    You can start the new 52 Bat books without reading the whole Morrison run. I actually read the new 52 books before going back to Morrisons run and didnt have any problems. But if you have all the books id recommend starting at Morrison so you can follow the events up to inc and the origin of Damien.

So I'd say Morrison (incl Inc pre52) -> Inc new 52 vol 1+2 -> Batman new 52 (court & night of owls)
    Last edited by Batmil; 10-14-2014 at 07:01 AM.
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    You can start the new 52 Bat books without reading the whole Morrison run. I actually read the new 52 books before going back to Morrisons run and didnt have any problems. But if you have all the books id recommend starting at Morrison so you can follow the events up to inc and the origin of Damien.

So I'd say Morrison (incl Inc pre52) -> Inc new 52 vol 1+2 -> Batman new 52 (court & night of owls)
    Thank you. I'll read it like that then

Quote Originally Posted by langgaard View Post
    Thank you. I'll read it like that then
    You're welcome, enjoy! I had a blast reading all of them, loved every bit of it!

So I'm looking to buy a trade of All-star Batman, bur every description (except the absolute edition) lists them collecting issue 1-9. The series had ten issues, so is there a trade or HC other than the Ab edition to include issue ten?

Quote Originally Posted by smkspy View Post
    So I'm looking to buy a trade of All-star Batman, bur every description (except the absolute edition) lists them collecting issue 1-9. The series had ten issues, so is there a trade or HC other than the Ab edition to include issue ten?
    I believe the Absolute is 1-10. Even then there are scripts for another six issues sitting in a drawer somewhere - quite ridiculous that DC released as an Absolute without even bothering to finish the thing.

Yeah, I don't want to pay the ridiculous amount for the Absolute edition. Even at a discount, $50 is too much for that. I was just hoping for a regular TPB or HC that printed all the books. You'd think after all this time, DC would include the "final" issue in new printings.