View Poll Results: Who's Written Your Favorite Portrayal of Wonder Woman in the New 52?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geoff Johns - Justice League

17 29.31%
  • Brian Azzarello - Wonder Woman

30 51.72%
  • Charles Soule - Superman/Wonder Woman

8 13.79%
  • Meredith Finch - Wonder Woman

2 3.45%
  • Peter Tomasi - Wonder Woman

0 0%
  • Other(Please Specify)

1 1.72%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    I was luke warm about Soule to be honest. I think a lot of fans took issue with his portrayal, personally I would rank him after Azzarello and current Johns for N52 portrayals, but many readers seemed to think his Diana came across as slightly stupid and more as an appendage to SM than an independent character. I will say that I think Soule wrote/portrayed one of WW best N52 moments (when she put the beat down on Zod and Faora) and in that scene REALLY nailed the character IMO, but also gave her some of her worst moments (her beat down by Doomsday and the entire Superdoom portrayal were wretched).
    as i said, for me its was meant to start with superman and from then they would switch the focus by alternating who centered each of the sagas, my best argument is the strife chapter. by the end of the doomed crossover, for me it is the chapter of transition. it mixes elements from both of them and gives another perspective on diana side, if soule stayed, i suppose the next saga would be centered on diana and clark would be the supporter. but he getting out of the books, tomasi taking his place and the very saturated crossover after crossover thing destroyed every chance of this happening

but that is, undeniably, my opinion and we will never know if i was right about it or not, cause soule got out way too soon

Soule. The whole Azzarello run was great, but if I'm narrowing it down to a purely characterization point of view, I think Soules' Wonder Woman tops it. That's 1 and 2 for me though, easy. Johns has gotten better but that stretch where he was writing an out-of-control fury machine is hard to ignore so drops him down some spots.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-24-2016 at 06:57 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El