Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    It's easy in theory...but a beast to execute.

Take you for instance, I may be wrong here, and if I am, I apologize,but if say everything else of the Pre-new 52 remains the same origin,continuity,the brasher atitude everything except no Superman/WW romance, I get the impression you will still leave the titles. Am I correct? If so, what happens if hypothetically you find out via word of mouth that the stories are the greatest thing DC has done with the character in 30 years...but it so happens he is dating Lois Lane again. Do you give the titles a fair shot again or do you still abstain out of protest? I'm just curious where you stand.

For me, the only thing that would likely make me quit reading for good and not just take a break would be if DC completely changed the character at his core to the point nothing feels connected to the Superman Siegel and Shuster created. Thankfully no version I can think of fits that category,but if that day ever comes, no matter how good people think the stories are, if it doesn't feel like in spirit and purpose the same character that hoisted that car on the cover of the first issue of ACTION all those years ago, I'm done. DC has come close to that at times,but thankfully have never truly crossed that line.
    that is actually a good point, i would likely give it a shot, but i will not lie, i would most probably just skip the pages he interacts with her, unless it is really pivotal to the story being told atm. and look at the old pairing interaction with a fond memory.

but that is just me

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agniwolf View Post
    that is actually a good point, i would likely give it a shot, but i will not lie, i would most probably just skip the pages he interacts with her, unless it is really pivotal to the story being told atm. and look at the old pairing interaction with a fond memory.

but that is just me
    Actually that is pretty much how I've coped with the whole SM/WW thing since it started. I'm not going to rehash my feelings on the matter (just look over my old posts. I've mellowed with "age" ) but one has to place it all in perspective. I personally don't read Superman for "ships'. I read it for the fun and adventure of it and seeing a mythology expand and continue. Some read it for the "ships" and that's ok. We all have our reasons.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Ah, if Mort Weisinger were still alive, he'd have solved this "shippers war" by split Superman in two or by making him a polygamist.

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 02-22-2016 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Ah, if Mort Weisinger were still alive he'd have solved this "shippers war" by dividing Superman in two or by making him a polygamist.

you know, im not against this solution, but can you imagine the rage from the people that claim to be feminist about clark becoming some sexist opressive pig taking women as trophies (and not know marston to be polygamic himself) and the heavy traditionalists that go with the old song of one true love? i could live with this kind of solution, although i would personally prefer kara instead of lois, not cause of spite but cause of the survival of species (but if i doubt 2 would even be a tentative, imagine 3)

and let me ready myself for some heavy backlash saying im also some evil machist that looks down on women

you know, im not against this solution, but can you imagine the rage from the people that claim to be feminist about clark becoming some sexist opressive pig taking women as trophies (and not know marston to be polygamic himself) and the heavy traditionalists that go with the old song of one true love? i could live with this kind of solution, although i would personally prefer kara instead of lois, not cause of spite but cause of the survival of species (but if i doubt 2 would even be a tentative, imagine 3)

and let me ready myself for some heavy backlash saying im also some evil machist that looks down on women
    Kara? His underage cousin? That's worse than Marston. Perv.

Yep, if any of those scenarios happen I'd be done. I'd still hang around here and stuff like that of course, but I'd stop getting the Superman books regularly.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Kara? His underage cousin? That's worse than Marston. Perv.
    as i said, survival of the species, unless they got some way to return kandor to its original size (the best and ideal solution) and integrate them with humanity, or (this one is really ville and disgusting, i admit) capture faora n zod and make them into genetical variants

so yeah kara is the closest and conciliatory solution if kandor cannot be restored from the bottle (if she were to ever agree, of course)

speaking of the bottle, anyone knows what happened to it? i remember somethig by the far premisse of doomed, and never saw it again

BANNED

Ah, if Mort Weisinger were still alive, he'd have solved this "shippers war" by split Superman in two or by making him a polygamist.

10 more years of destruction of Superman in general and slavery to Batman in particular just for that.

The whole Lois vs WW thing is useless.

1st thing, none is interested in this triangle, none of the respective fandoms want the fight, we only want our favorite pairing to prevail. The discussion only serves to damage Superman by creating more hatred against the character:

(Couldn't/Cant be arsed to find Gail Simone's recent tweet dissing this discussion and saying Clark doesn't deserve either that was extremely popular.)

2nd, If Lois and Clark end up together in this continuity, it wont be because Lois 'won' against Diana (as if these 2 strong modern women would ever compete for Clark), or that Clark chose Lois over Diana. It will be because either Bruce (80% chance) or Steve (I used to give him 5%, but with the movie it's at 20% right now) stole Diana away from Clark, in the most humiliating way possible to build up their studly cuckolder macho bonus over Clark's carcass.

Clark will then go crawling back like a pathetic lost puppy to Lois. That is, if she'll even want his loser ass back. She'll probably be too busy being a much better super-heroine than Clark, being written with much more spirit, intellect and common sense than Clark has been allowed to have since 1986.

Heck, she'll probably go for Luthor, who we know, we just know, people, will also be a much better hero than Clark.

So, stop the BS already.

as i said, survival of the species, unless they got some way to return kandor to its original size (the best and ideal solution) and integrate them with humanity, or (this one is really ville and disgusting, i admit) capture faora n zod and make them into genetical variants

so yeah kara is the closest and conciliatory solution if kandor cannot be restored from the bottle (if she were to ever agree, of course)
    Still weird. And she wouldn't agree and even Superman wouldn't agree.

speaking of the bottle, anyone knows what happened to it? i remember somethig by the far premisse of doomed, and never saw it again
    The last time it was seen in Batman/Superman during the Joker's Superman story-arc.

Still weird. And she wouldn't agree and even Superman wouldn't agree.
    well, then there is always the possibility of clark-diana-lois it would "apease" both ships and even give a homage to marston, could you imagine if this were to be the trinity title, i would laugh to the walls like crazy

The last time it was seen in Batman/Superman during the Joker's Superman story-arc.
    oh well i dont read sm/bm, can you spoil to me what happened?

going back on topic, rebooting the character again would make a wasted opportunity to build clark from his mistakes, so i may drop it at least until someone calls my attention if its good

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    I've been through re-boots before, so I'd stick with it and give it a chance. I didn't think I would enjoy the Nu52 initially, yet here I am still reading. I've come to appreciate a lot of what was done with Superman in the Nu52, particularly Morrison's "everything counts" approach. I love seeing an actual version of Golden Age Superman worked back into the mythos, for example. Being more of a man of action who does what he thinks is right, consequences be damned, is a lot of fun. I prefer a more active Superman over a more passive one. So of the three options, I'd probably enjoy a) the most. Though I wouldn't have too much of a problem with the other choices. Provided that b) gives us the supporting cast and Metropolis parts of Post-Crisis and keeps some of the preachy navel gazing and more man over super elements out of it.

If we could have that social crusader personality, a more firm connection to Metropolis and it's cast, and some cosmic adventure from time to time, I'd be a happy Superman reader. Plus that social crusader aspect of Superman really lends itself to having a deeper connection to Superman's friends at the Daily Planet and the rest of Metropolis. They just kind of go hand in hand to me.
    "everything counts" is a big lie. It's morrison and DC trying to eat the cake, but doing exactly the opposite to let everything counts.

while I like the social crusader (it only played on morrison run btw) his brashness at the point of being a jerk is not welcome. nobody says that superman should go back to golden age, I don't think go there will save superman. Just let him being a inspiring and good person, things will work.

well, then there is always the possibility of clark-diana-lois it would "apease" both ships and even give a homage to marston, could you imagine if this were to be the trinity title, i would laugh to the walls like crazy
    no, it's not. stop using the marston name in vain please. it would be horrible, sm is the man of only a woman and WW can get many suitors

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    10 more years of destruction of Superman in general and slavery to Batman in particular just for that.
    How does it works? Is it like when they add points to your driving license?

The whole Lois vs WW thing is useless.

1st thing, none is interested in this triangle, none of the respective fandoms want the fight, we only want our favorite pairing to prevail. The discussion only serves to damage Superman by creating more hatred against the character:

(Couldn't/Cant be arsed to find Gail Simone's recent tweet dissing this discussion and saying Clark doesn't deserve either that was extremely popular.)

2nd, If Lois and Clark end up together in this continuity, it wont be because Lois 'won' against Diana (as if these 2 strong modern women would ever compete for Clark), or that Clark chose Lois over Diana. It will be because either Bruce (80% chance) or Steve (I used to give him 5%, but with the movie it's at 20% right now) stole Diana away from Clark, in the most humiliating way possible to build up their studly cuckolder macho bonus over Clark's carcass.

Clark will then go crawling back like a pathetic lost puppy to Lois. That is, if she'll even want his loser ass back. She'll probably be too busy being a much better super-heroine than Clark, being written with much more spirit, intellect and common sense than Clark has been allowed to have since 1986.

Heck, she'll probably go for Luthor, who we know, we just know, people, will also be a much better hero than Clark.

So, stop the BS already.
    You're crazy (in a good way ), but sadly there's some truth in what you say.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 02-22-2016 at 03:24 PM.

BANNED

How does it works? Is it like when they add points to your driving license?
    It stacks both in duration and 'quality' of the destruction. By my account, it's 230 years and the next time Batman defeats him will be with kryptonite spit. Oops, sorry, they already did that. It will be with kryptonite snot.

You're crazy (in a good way ), but sadly there's some truth in what you say.
    Truth. Truth. Truth. TRUTH!

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    no, it's not. stop using the marston name in vain please. it would be horrible, sm is the man of only a woman and WW can get many suitors
    ????????????

srsly, to be fair the rules could be applied both ways, i just happen to prefer (subjective) my way

You want to see the world burn.

oh well i dont read sm/bm, can you spoil to me what happened?
    I don't remember exactly what happened (my memory sucks ) but here's a recap of the arc:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Batman/Superman_Vol_1_16
    http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Batman/Superman_Vol_1_17
    http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Batman/Superman_Vol_1_18
    http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Batman/Superman_Vol_1_19
    http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Batman/Superman_Vol_1_20

Kandor is in the last 2 issues.