I wasn't sure if I should post this here or not, but I thought some members of the CBR community would be interested, and Brian told me it was okay, so...

I'm happy to announce that my book, a collection of personal essays titled Fractals has been released by Lavender Ink, a small press based out of New Orleans. It's in bookstores and available from both the publisher and from Amazon now.

I'm announcing this here because I thought some of my CBR friends might be interested. If you don't know me, I used to be a pretty regular contributor around here in the late 90s, and I was the original moderator of the "Community" board when it was created after Jonah and his team decided to do away with the old "Miscellaneous" board. Between 1998 and 2000, I was treated for a particularly nasty, recurring cancer (Hodgkin's Disease), which forced me to move back in with my parents, away from all of my friends from high school and college. In those years, interacting with people on CBR like Shade, MacQuarrie, Cei-U, Buried Alien, Joe Grendel, Sir Tim Drake, and others was often my only interaction with people outside of my parents' house or the doctor's office. Many of these essays refer back to that time in my life.

However, the book is not explicitly focused on cancer or mortality alone-- it's also about art, pop culture, friendship, and love (CBR readers might be interested in knowing that one essay focuses on the Flash's Cosmic Treadmill, while another reflect on the Nightmare on Elm Street film series). You can find a review of the book here, and links to some of the essays can be found on my website (linked in my signature).

Sorry if this seems insufferably self-serving, but the friendships I made here while I was sick were (and are-- even if I don't post as much as I used to) very important to me, and I wanted to make people aware of the book I wrote that explores, somewhat, that time in my life.