Thread: My new book

Default My new book

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or not, but I thought some members of the CBR community would be interested, and Brian told me it was okay, so...

I'm happy to announce that my book, a collection of personal essays titled Fractals has been released by Lavender Ink, a small press based out of New Orleans. It's in bookstores and available from both the publisher and from Amazon now.

I'm announcing this here because I thought some of my CBR friends might be interested. If you don't know me, I used to be a pretty regular contributor around here in the late 90s, and I was the original moderator of the "Community" board when it was created after Jonah and his team decided to do away with the old "Miscellaneous" board. Between 1998 and 2000, I was treated for a particularly nasty, recurring cancer (Hodgkin's Disease), which forced me to move back in with my parents, away from all of my friends from high school and college. In those years, interacting with people on CBR like Shade, MacQuarrie, Cei-U, Buried Alien, Joe Grendel, Sir Tim Drake, and others was often my only interaction with people outside of my parents' house or the doctor's office. Many of these essays refer back to that time in my life.

However, the book is not explicitly focused on cancer or mortality alone-- it's also about art, pop culture, friendship, and love (CBR readers might be interested in knowing that one essay focuses on the Flash's Cosmic Treadmill, while another reflect on the Nightmare on Elm Street film series). You can find a review of the book here, and links to some of the essays can be found on my website (linked in my signature).

Sorry if this seems insufferably self-serving, but the friendships I made here while I was sick were (and are-- even if I don't post as much as I used to) very important to me, and I wanted to make people aware of the book I wrote that explores, somewhat, that time in my life.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    I wasn't sure if I should post this here or not, but I thought some members of the CBR community would be interested, and Brian told me it was okay, so...

I'm happy to announce that my book, a collection of personal essays titled Fractals has been released by Lavender Ink, a small press based out of New Orleans. It's in bookstores and available from both the publisher and from Amazon now.

I'm announcing this here because I thought some of my CBR friends might be interested. If you don't know me, I used to be a pretty regular contributor around here in the late 90s, and I was the original moderator of the "Community" board when it was created after Jonah and his team decided to do away with the old "Miscellaneous" board. Between 1998 and 2000, I was treated for a particularly nasty, recurring cancer (Hodgkin's Disease), which forced me to move back in with my parents, away from all of my friends from high school and college. In those years, interacting with people on CBR like Shade, MacQuarrie, Cei-U, Buried Alien, Joe Grendel, Sir Tim Drake, and others was often my only interaction with people outside of my parents' house or the doctor's office. Many of these essays refer back to that time in my life.

However, the book is not explicitly focused on cancer or mortality alone-- it's also about art, pop culture, friendship, and love (CBR readers might be interested in knowing that one essay focuses on the Flash's Cosmic Treadmill, while another reflect on the Nightmare on Elm Street film series). You can find a review of the book here, and links to some of the essays can be found on my website (linked in my signature).

Sorry if this seems insufferably self-serving, but the friendships I made here while I was sick were (and are-- even if I don't post as much as I used to) very important to me, and I wanted to make people aware of the book I wrote that explores, somewhat, that time in my life.

Sounds very cool, Bradley. I'll check out the page. Good luck with the book!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Sounds very cool, Bradley. I'll check out the page. Good luck with the book!
    Thank you very much!

Sounds very cool! I've stickied the thread so more people can catch it.

Thanks, Brian!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    Thanks, Brian!
    I was a big CBR fan back then, I would be interested to read this book.

Thanks!

To be clear, though, I haven't written anything about CBR itself-- it's just that some of the essays are about comics and movies and music and other stuff that we tend to talk about around here.

If you do buy the book, I hope you enjoy it.

If anybody is in the Columbus, Ohio area this afternoon (April 10th), I'll be signing books at The Book Loft of German Village, 631 South Third Street, starting at 3:00 p.m. And next Saturday-- April 16th-- I'll be reading and signing at the Gloversville Public Library in Gloversville, New York (my hometown). I'd love to meet any CBR regulars who can make it to either event.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Congrats on getting published! I hope you book does well
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Thanks so much! Sorry I didn't notice your comment before.

If people want to learn more about the book, they can check out this review, or this one. You can also check out this interview, if you're so inclined.

Thanks for the kind words, and if anyone here as bought a copy, thanks for that too.

Awesome. Just getting back into the community after being away. Will definitely check this out.
    Adam Wallenta
    Illustrator/Writer

My new all-ages graphic novel I created with my 5-year-old son, "PUNK TACO" is available now.
    PUNK TACO is about a lovable alien taco that rocks out across the galaxy with his band of misfits, fighting evil and anyone in need.

PUNKTACO.com

PUNK TACO on AMAZON

Sadly, Bradley has passed away.

R.I.P. to one of our earliest CBR mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Cronin View Post
    Sadly, Bradley has passed away.

R.I.P. to one of our earliest CBR mods.
    Oh, William Bradley, a Brilliant Essayist Gone Too Soon

Heartbreaking. R.I.P.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

All-New Member

Looks like an interesting book to me. Sad to hear Bradley has passed away! Seems like one of those books to get you thinking deeper about your life and appreciate what you have.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-19-2018 at 02:12 AM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

R.I.P Bradley.