Super Moderator

Default LOOK: "Marvel's Agent Carter" Uncovers a Musical Number

Images from Tuesday's double-episode event reveal a musical dream sequence filled with Peggy's friends and enemies.

Full article here.

Amazing Member

ANGIE!!! Wooo!!!

I finished watching season 2 of Galavant and had tons of fun watching the show and love every time a musical number showed up. A fantastic season. All of the songs was alot of fun with some very catchy ("A New Season" stands out for me) while some did have a deep insight into the characters (many of Richard's songs was amusing and sad at the same time).
    However I know it's has to be done for this time (same it seems for Agent Carter even though I feel both shows seasons was better then the first season and both shows are fantastic). However I can be wrong and they could still sing "Now it's back with this year's least expected big event" and "Give into the miracle that no one thought we'd get!" But still "You'll know hell's freezing if we get decent ratings"

Now Alan Menken wrote the songs for Galavant plus he also wrote that number from the Captain America first movie. Maybe he also made this upcoming song and dance! Even if it's not on par with his all time classics I still find his songs to be enjoyable and look forward to what we might get here. If done well maybe we might see another song and dance number in a future Marvel property (Tony drinks to much alcohol and sees things, Scarlet Witch mind messing, Squirrel Girl (it was said that two comedy shows set in the MCU was being made thus ripe for fun like this depending on who the show is about and tone)).

Based on Hollywood and how talkies and musicals and Buzzly Berkeley numbers that came with it after the Jazz Singer was a talking and singing sensation changing things this does fit well.

Astonishing Member

Am I the only one who feels that the musical is out of place?

Fantastic Member

I think it could work if it's well done. "The Star Spangled Man With a Plan" song and dance montage was one of the highlights for me in the first Captain America movie. Agent Carter is a playful series that's embraced these things before, like with the cheesy Captain America radio show in the first season.

Astonishing Member

There was context in TFA when Steve was nothing more than a show pony. The radio show on AC also makes sense because that was a form of entertainment for the time period. My issue is Peggy herself having a musical that doesn't make sense in terms of the plot. I'm sure they'll explain it away, it is a dream sequence after all. I'm just not happy about it.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 02-23-2016 at 09:59 AM.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Any day I get to see a) Angie back on Agent Carter and b) Bridget Regan in a showgirl costume, is a good day.