Default Would the Pryde Of The X-Men TV Series have worked?

I am just wondering people's opinion in this subject matter. Lets just say if the Pryde Of The X-Men pilot had of been picked up and became a full series would it have been any good. It is hard to imagine that it could have beaten the quality of the X-Men TAS from the 90's but I still think it would have been a decent series to watch. Ok we had an Australian Wolverine and a bratty Kitty Pryde but I still think it could have worked. Maybe a new voice actor could have been cast for Wolverine and Kitty's personality could have evolved over the series. People do question Dazzler's inclusion when you had other popular female characters such as Jean Grey and Rogue but we could have had an episode that was based on material from her own series.

It would have been interesting to see how they did plots like Days Of The Future Past, Apocalypse and maybe they could have done something based on God Loves, Man Kills. Heck imagine how they would have introduced Gambit in that series. Alas the only continuation we had of the pilot was the X-Men Arcade game (which was really good). It is nice to wonder what might have been.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

I'm sure Pryde would've worked. They should have fleshed out Alison's double life as an X-Man and rising pop-star. Would've made the show incredibly appealing to the Jem demographics. Also, I don't think Aussie Logan would've been much of an issue in the 80's when the comics and character weren't as mainstream as they are now.

There should have been an Emma origin episode too with the Hellfire Club as recurring villains.

BANNED

I think it would have worked. I didn't like the story and cast though. It felt dumbed down for the people who kept complaining it was "too hard to read" because they wanted garbage like the CC/FM Wolverine miniseries instead probably. X-Men was complicated, or at least it was to me in elementary school, that was why I loved it. And I never really liked Byrne/CC UXM either. And yech, Dazzler instead of Rogue or Pyslocke? No...

I still would have watched it because I loved all the Claster / Sunbow cartoons. They felt so intense and slightly adult. They were not cartoony. It was unbelievable.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Then Yes

Now No

Incredible Member

Yes.

faults aside, it was good and a series should have happened.

They ended up using it for the X-Men arcade game and that was well received too.

But even though Pryde wasn't made into a series, you ended up having the 1990's series and Cathal Dodd as Wolverine....which worked out beyond well. It's ironic how you had an Aussie Wolverine then and an Aussie playing Wolverine now.
    Last edited by C-Dot; 04-29-2015 at 03:15 AM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Yes because it had good animation and a strong team lineup and a great POV character.

Dazzler/Shadowcat fans should be pissed

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Yes because it had good animation and a strong team lineup and a great POV character.

Dazzler/Shadowcat fans should be pissed
    At least Dazzler got an appearance in the 90's show. Does anyone know the reason for Kitty's absence? Even some of the lesser known members got at least one appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    At least Dazzler got an appearance in the 90's show. Does anyone know the reason for Kitty's absence? Even some of the lesser known members got at least one appearance.
    I think it was because of her connection to Excalibur. I was very disappointed that she never appeared and at the time she was the only member of the X-Men to appear in the animated series.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    I think it was because of her connection to Excalibur. I was very disappointed that she never appeared and at the time she was the only member of the X-Men to appear in the animated series.
    Even Nightcrawler got his own episode though. Only explanation I can think of is that her personality was too similar to Jubilee.

Even Nightcrawler got his own episode though. Only explanation I can think of is that her personality was too similar to Jubilee.
    I even wrote a fanfic where Kitty appeared, it was like an episode focused on her.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

That was it. Jubilee was introduced just a little before the animated series and she was the green "POV-ish" teen girl character they decided to push. Also, 90's cartoons were MUCH bigger on diversity than they are now (Captain Planet, Extreme Ghostbusters, much of the Disney Renaissance movies etc.) so Jubilee representing the Asian demo that was otherwise absent in the show line-up must have played a role in the decision to pick her over Kitty.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 03-20-2016 at 10:48 PM.

Incredible Member

It would have worked in 89 because it had better animation than the shows of its time. But I think the conscious decision to use the current Jim Lee blue team lineup but using the Claremont stories replacing the roles of Colossus with Rogue, nightcrawler with Gambit, and Kitty with Jubilee for the sake of diversity and so the current comics would line up with the show. Plus they created Morp to take the place of Thunderbird as the xman to die and it would have looked bad if their only native American character died in the first episode.

BANNED

They mangled Kitty's character. The writing was crap. I would have loved it for the animation only.