View Poll Results: Should Lemire out Storm as bi/pan/gay for Yukio?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • 100% YES!!!!

16 10.06%
  • Yes, but not for a while (let Iceman have the LGBT spotlight for now)

5 3.14%
  • Yes, only if the result is bisexual/pansexual

30 18.87%
  • Yes, only if the result is "above labels" (BUT confirming she slept with Yukio)

13 8.18%
  • Yes, only if the result is "gay for Yukio" (i.e. otherwise str8)

3 1.89%
  • I want this dangling plot point explored, even IF the conclusion is she's str8

4 2.52%
  • Nah, I like the mystery...

22 13.84%
  • NO!!!! She's str8. Period.

60 37.74%
  • I reeeeeeally want this explored, just not under Lemire's pen

6 3.77%
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Should mutants(who come in all colors and forms) even be subjected to human terms of sexuality and gender?
    Since they're living in a world of labels (and the consequences and benefits thereof), and Storm, herself, has used labels, yeah, they're subject to them. She's an American, a woman, a mutant, a superhero, black, an X-Man. She's been a goddess and a queen.

Even if it wasn't pretentious enough for someone to pull, "I'm beyond labels, btw I'm a queen and a goddess," society, itself, is going to mandate label her plenty, and that includes the subculture that is the X-Men.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Since they're living in a world of labels (and the consequences and benefits thereof), and Storm, herself, has used labels, yeah, they're subject to them. She's an American, a woman, a mutant, a superhero, black, an X-Man. She's been a goddess and a queen.

Even if it wasn't pretentious enough for someone to pull, "I'm beyond labels, btw I'm a queen and a goddess," society, itself, is going to mandate label her plenty, and that includes the subculture that is the X-Men.
    and she's a mixture of all races.

You can love your sister, but your sister doesn't help you trust your passions to guide your body to do what it knows it wants and can.
    I'd be seriously creeped out by anyone who talks to their sister the way Storm talked and thought about Yukio... what is this, Game of Thrones? LOL!!!

BTW, someone found some wonderfully slashtastic Sage and Storm moments.

Neither here nor there, just reposting because, well. Daaww!
    Well there goes the "gay for Yukio" theory.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

The way they're holding each other in the upper panel

isn't really how hetero same-sex friends often hold each other. I want you to imagine your hands on a friend you're not into that way in the places that Storm's are, looking at them with that expression. The hand on the cheek, other arm all the way around their back, so your hand is on their shoulder, pressed together, leaning into them so your neck is forward, noses almost touching, while they smile wide-eyed at you as you look straight into their eyes.

I'm not saying they're a couple, but that is something.

Them, embracing like that, looking into each other's eyes, so close, so happy, and the idea of Sage going, "Let it happen. It's only natural," is... it's not even subtext if that's really the case.
    THIS!!! So beautifully put. Who holds their friends like this? Who thinks of their friends as their "desire"? Come on... it ain't just a river in Egypt, people!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    It's up to personal interpretation. Do baseball players in general go into full sex intercourse after patting another butt?
    The long, well documented history of closeted players in baseball makes this a hard one to fairly answer. To my knowledge have we ever had an openly gay baseball major league player come out while playing? Regardless, there is a difference between a butt pat and a long embrace, mouths close, talking, whispering sweet nothings.

P.S. college wrestling is super, SUPER closet-case territory too

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I just realised I didn't truly answer the question. I don't want Lemire to do it especially with this Inhuman BS going on. I wouldn't [mind?] if Pak did it in her solo or Sam Humphries did it in UXM. I like what Humphries did for Psylocke even thoguh people said it didn't count because Rule 63 was involved.
    Did you mean to put "mind" in there? I too liked what Humphries did in Uncanny X-force (a criminally underrated run). His Storm was good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    If Storm was a lesbian she would've came out a long time ago. Unlike Iceman, she has a lot of pride in herself and wouldn't hide who she is.
    But she's also a private person. There is a difference between Storm NOT telling people she's bisexual, and Storm denying she's bisexual. Has anyone asked her flat out if she slept with Yukio/loves Yukio, etc? Has it ever come up?
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

BANNED

"Lots"?

A few, anyway.

But, y'know...

You can love your sister, but your sister doesn't help you trust your passions to guide your body to do what it knows it wants and can.

BTW, someone found some wonderfully slashtastic Sage and Storm moments.

Neither here nor there, just reposting because, well. Daaww!
    IIRC, I believe that Storm was under some kind of personality-altering influence/compulsion here. I could be wrong and I'd have to go back and reread the story. That said, there is nothing sexual here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    The long, well documented history of closeted players in baseball makes this a hard one to fairly answer. To my knowledge have we ever had an openly gay baseball major league player come out while playing? Regardless, there is a difference between a butt pat and a long embrace, mouths close, talking, whispering sweet nothings.
    That's true, they could be playing the offended virgin in public.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    IIRC, I believe that Storm was under some kind of personality-altering influence/compulsion here. I could be wrong and I'd have to go back and reread the story. That said, there is nothing sexual here.
    Art wise, I'm not so sure. When was the last time you held one of your friends (of the same gender) in that way? Did it feel normal to hold their face, with your mouths not 5 inches apart? I love my friends, I don't hold them like that
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 03-12-2016 at 05:03 PM.

BANNED

BANNED

Well, at least Storm isn't ageist.

She totes has the hots for that dude.

That soft smile. Those barely opened eyes. DAT CHEEK CARESS!

Those "lessons in her heart". Man, subtext!
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 03-12-2016 at 06:15 PM.

BANNED

I answered Nah.. for this one, because I am ok with not knowing which way each and every character swings, this is after all a personal matter so it should be fine that everyone either doesn't know or have the courtesy to keep quiet until Storm herself comes out with it (AKA Not like how Bobby was outed!).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Well, at least Storm isn't ageist.

She totes has the hots for that dude.

That soft smile. Those barely opened eyes. DAT CHEEK CARESS!

Those "lessons in her heart". Man, subtext!
    She is less than an inch away from sucking his thumb.
    I sent a copy of this comic to 1MillionMoms.

BANNED

She is less than an inch away from sucking his thumb.
    I sent a copy of this comic to 1MillionMoms.
    She's less than an inch away from sucking his thumb, and less than 5 seconds away from screaming "Love me, Senpai!"

BANNED

Art wise, I'm not so sure. When was the last time you held one of your friends (of the same gender) in that way? Did it feel normal to hold their face, with your mouths not 5 inches apart? I love my friends, I don't hold them like that
    There was an issue in X-Treme X-Men's "Invasion Arc" where Thunderbird 3 and Slipstream were kinda in close proximity. Some people tried to claim some kind of gay innuendo there. Clearly, both characters are straight. Sage is also clearly straight as is Ororo. Didn't Sage have some kind of interest in Bishop at some point? Lets not get started on the long list of guys Storm has been attracted to. People read what they want to in the artwork in various panels. I think people go too far with it. I'm sure if I read Avengers, I'd probably be able to find scans where Tony and Steve are close as well. It doesn't mean that they are gay, though. I don't understand this push to try and make every character gay. Some characters are gay and others aren't. Northstar is gay. Karma is gay. Anole is gay. Now, Iceman is gay. Wiccan is gay. Hulkling is gay. Mystique is bi and Destiny was gay. The other characters are straight.

There is a very obvious problem with this point of view.

What you mentioned is taking place in reality.

What is happening on the page may very well be yanking the fan base's collective chain.

BANNED

The huge fanbase that tanked her solo.