View Poll Results: Should Lemire out Storm as bi/pan/gay for Yukio?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • 100% YES!!!!

16 10.06%
  • Yes, but not for a while (let Iceman have the LGBT spotlight for now)

5 3.14%
  • Yes, only if the result is bisexual/pansexual

30 18.87%
  • Yes, only if the result is "above labels" (BUT confirming she slept with Yukio)

13 8.18%
  • Yes, only if the result is "gay for Yukio" (i.e. otherwise str8)

3 1.89%
  • I want this dangling plot point explored, even IF the conclusion is she's str8

4 2.52%
  • Nah, I like the mystery...

22 13.84%
  • NO!!!! She's str8. Period.

60 37.74%
  • I reeeeeeally want this explored, just not under Lemire's pen

6 3.77%
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Yukio and Storm are like sisters.
    Scissor sisters.

Seriously, it's not even just a "if you pick up on it" subtext. It's pretty solid, especially the Claremont stuff and for that era.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Scissor sisters.

Seriously, it's not even just a "if you pick up on it" subtext. It's pretty solid, especially the Claremont stuff and for that era.
    Greg Pak proved it. They're just friends.

BANNED

Eh, make her bi-for-Yukio just to appease the rabid ones, but also because of this, she's not afraid to show unorthodox affection towards people of the female gender. A solid done-in-one issue, so she can go back to being someone she hasn't been in a long time...Storm.

Glad we can finally acknowledge, with full 100% honesty, that the issue is still up in the air, though.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 02-22-2016 at 05:55 PM.

BANNED

Greg Pak proved it. They're just friends.

How did he prove it? Did Storm say out loud she was never in love with Yukio?

You do remember the Callisto tentacle hot tub scene yes?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Complexed View Post
    How did he prove it? Did Storm say out loud she was never in love with Yukio?

You do remember the Callisto tentacle hot tub scene yes?
    How did Claremont prove it? Did Storm say out loud that she was in love with Yukio?

BANNED

How did Claremont prove it? Did Storm say out loud that she was in love with Yukio?
    uhm, I didn't say he did. He suggested it, that's all. You said Pak PROVED it. So how did he prove it? You never back up these statements you continually make and I'm just interested in your answer since you're obviously the biggest Storm fan here.

I voted bisexual. It's be nice to see an actual bisexual superhero as opposed to a shapeshifter or an anti-hero/villain.

Other: Is he going to have anything we haven't already seen to do it with?

Even if we factor in Claremont's run, the relationship with Yukio is a question mark. Nothing that proves Storm is straight, gay, or something else entirely.

If it is based on something new, it would have to feel like it's about the story and not just a means to an end.

Lemire already has to deal with the forced Iceman story, which hasn't been handled that well. It's been awful. I think people would look at his run sort of awkwardly if he then starts to write Storm as a full on gay character as well. Just write her as not caring about dumb labels. Plus I'm more interested in seeing her and Forge start something back up, but I guess they want to have her and OML together?

But to be completely honest, I would just like to see Storm be written as a good leader. I don't think she has been written well in that regard since taking over the school since Kitty left. She just feels like she is completely in over her head and doesn't know what she is doing. I get a lot of that is sort of mandated by Marvel because of the direction they want to take the X-Men in, but she could benefit from getting a few good achievements under her belt as the leader rather than constantly dealing with bad thing after bad thing.

Why would Lemire do that? Claremont already did it years ago.

As far as I'm concerned, Storm is totally bi and I'm just waiting on someone at Marvel to have the stones to make it explicit.

Same goes for Kitty Pryde.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Complexed View Post
    uhm, I didn't say he did. He suggested it, that's all. You said Pak PROVED it. So how did he prove it? You never back up these statements you continually make and I'm just interested in your answer since you're obviously the biggest Storm fan here.
    Because if they really had something special, Pak wouldn't have ignored it. And it wasn't just Pak who ignored it.

BUt like I said before, when I read those issues between Storm and Yukio, the more-than-friends relationship didn't cross my mind.

Storm was amazed on how Yukio goes with life that is free from responsibilities.
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 02-22-2016 at 08:45 PM.

BANNED

Its been long implied that Storm is bisexual so it wouldn't be that big a deal. Unlike Iceman which came out of nowhere (if a history of failed relationships makes you gay than every male in the MU except Reed Richards is gay, if having a gay man have a crush on you makes you gay then apparently gay is a disease you can catch).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Its been long implied that Storm is bisexual so it wouldn't be that big a deal. Unlike Iceman which came out of nowhere (if a history of failed relationships makes you gay than every male in the MU except Reed Richards is gay, if having a gay man have a crush on you makes you gay then apparently gay is a disease you can catch).
    Hmm... Reaches for medical encyclopedia

Looks like more people prefer a straight Storm according to the poll.