Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Is Batman really number one for DC?
    Yes. Batman is so popular its ridiculous. People say Superman is overpowered, yet it seems like its Batman who usually wins in head-to-head battles with Superman. Batman almost always ends on top, it can be infuriating for us supes fans.

Its Batman's world, we just live in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Is Batman really number one for DC?
    All you need to do to know the answer to this question is look to the promotion to BvS. The promotional material is like 90/10 Batman to Superman.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Why does Batman matter to Superman fans? I guess it does feel like Superman has lost or ceded his number 1 stats with the fans. That's fact, but I do see a lot of corporate synergy. Jerry Siegel today would open up a DC Comic and find a universe where Superman is the second superhero in the DCU. Trained by Batman! It reminds me of lawyers writing the comics. Wait, they do.

I was watching Lego Justice League, Beleagured, the league begs Batman to join. He's like "No way, flashy amateurs". It's really good. Anyways, suddenly a menace from the 5th Dimension threatens the league! Mxyzptlk has come to torment Superman and form the JLA! Nope Its Batmite! Granted it's a Batman cartoon. Still a whole generation will get their imps mixed up. No contact disputes over who owns Batman.

"By special arrangement with the Siegel family," DC can say " We got us a pretty good Superman, worst comes to worst, and he's Batman."
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 02-26-2016 at 07:42 PM.

The hate and ignorance for Supes really does get annoying, I feel it was worse 10 years ago or so. It´s funny that as a kid I loved Superman, as a teenager I was like ¨Batman is better because he is human and dark!!¨ I just facepalm when I remember myself from that time period, now as a 20 years old guy I again love Superman, maybe even more than I did as a kid. I find him more interesting and dare I say more relatable than most of the proclaimed ¨relatable heroes¨ like Spidey, Tim Drake, Wally West etc and you can tell pretty much every story you can think of no matter how crazy and out of this world it is with Supes. I just think people still have the idea that Batman is the underdog which he was a long time ago but now he is pretty much untouchable on sales and fan battles where he can beat Galactus, Darkseid and Thanos by himself with only 5 hours of prep time apparently. I still remember when Dark Knight came out a lot of people were saying ¨this is how Superman should be!! dark and badass BROO!!¨ and then when MoS came out ¨waaaaaaaah wahhh that is not Superman, he shouldn´t be dark!! or kill and stuff LOLZ!¨, Superman is really fighting a never ending battle against the audience on what he should really be and that is very frustrating since I want him to be the best seller of DC and he should be but editorial nonsense is another problem for the character. I don´t know how to end my post on a light note, I guess despite everything it´s awesome that a lot of people still care about him despite the feelings for MoS, a lot of people that really love the character only want what is best for him but some people really need to be more open minded with how Supes is portrayed, he is almost 100 years old now and in all those years he changed and evolved in many ways, there shouldn´t really be a definitive Superman, every generation has their own Superman and should accept that sooner or later things change. They have to change, I would love for Supes to stay as a version I love but how can he stay relevant if he stays at one place?

Some of you didn't get the point...And I was using YouTube as an example. You literally see it everywhere and pretty much 99% of the time please know sh*t about the character.

Quote Originally Posted by ultrarider7 View Post
    The hate and ignorance for Supes really does get annoying, I feel it was worse 10 years ago or so. It´s funny that as a kid I loved Superman, as a teenager I was like ¨Batman is better because he is human and dark!!¨ I just facepalm when I remember myself from that time period, now as a 20 years old guy I again love Superman, maybe even more than I did as a kid. I find him more interesting and dare I say more relatable than most of the proclaimed ¨relatable heroes¨ like Spidey, Tim Drake, Wally West etc and you can tell pretty much every story you can think of no matter how crazy and out of this world it is with Supes. I just think people still have the idea that Batman is the underdog which he was a long time ago but now he is pretty much untouchable on sales and fan battles where he can beat Galactus, Darkseid and Thanos by himself with only 5 hours of prep time apparently. I still remember when Dark Knight came out a lot of people were saying ¨this is how Superman should be!! dark and badass BROO!!¨ and then when MoS came out ¨waaaaaaaah wahhh that is not Superman, he shouldn´t be dark!! or kill and stuff LOLZ!¨, Superman is really fighting a never ending battle against the audience on what he should really be and that is very frustrating since I want him to be the best seller of DC and he should be but editorial nonsense is another problem for the character. I don´t know how to end my post on a light note, I guess despite everything it´s awesome that a lot of people still care about him despite the feelings for MoS, a lot of people that really love the character only want what is best for him but some people really need to be more open minded with how Supes is portrayed, he is almost 100 years old now and in all those years he changed and evolved in many ways, there shouldn´t really be a definitive Superman, every generation has their own Superman and should accept that sooner or later things change. They have to change, I would love for Supes to stay as a version I love but how can he stay relevant if he stays at one place?
    This is so true lol. Those people were so annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Why does Batman matter to Superman fans?
    Well, I may not be an uber-ultra-super-duper-Superman-fanboy but I am definitely a longtime Superman-fanboy and to me it is nauseating the way that Superman was basically dissed by Batman and so frequently! Whether it be the JL cartoon where Batman is just practically belittling and dismissive or the books where Superman is struck by a villain and is basically felled but Batman is a-okay or worse isn't even struck despite the villain's superspeed.

That is why For Tomorrow was so welcome to me. In that one, Superman had his swagger again. I forgave all its other faults for that reason alone

Fantastic Member

way does batman matter to superman fans ? well it's simple really superman and batman have been together for a long time they were on
    old time radio shows together even before they were a team in comics they were on the covers together fishing
    and telling people to support are troops before jla before the avengers there was Batman and Superman
    I was in a freak accident there were freaks everywhere Dan vs