Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Why doesn't. Marvel just GET RID OF Rachel Grey/Summers, it would save us all the trouble...

I mean besides her powers, what good is she to the X-men if no writer is willing to use her properly and respectfully ?

BANNED

If not using the character well is grounds for getting rid of them, then we should also get rid of Kitty, Emma, Cyclops, Beast, Storm, Jeen, Quentin, Jubilee... basically all we'd have left are Deadpool, Magneto, Nightcrawler, Tyke and the casts of X-Force and X-Factor.

There shouldn't even be a Jeen.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Incredible Member

That is problem with most of the X-men these days.
    I wont mind Rachel leaving JGS to NXS or UA if she gets to be written better

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    Just get better writers on JGS. NXS and UA have even worse writers already.

BANNED

Send her over to Nightcrawler♥Amanda ongoing with CC.

Fantastic Member

She doesn't make sense at the JGS. She should be the one against the authority like Shield etc. Imagine Scott's team with Magik, Emma and Rachel?

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    If not using the character well is grounds for getting rid of them, then we should also get rid of Kitty, Emma, Cyclops, Beast, Storm, Jeen, Quentin, Jubilee... basically all we'd have left are Deadpool, Magneto, Nightcrawler, Tyke and the casts of X-Force and X-Factor.
    Basically, this.

Astonishing Member

UA only if remender leaves after AXIS

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    Um...aren't all of those characters currently used in the comics ?

What I meant is that Rachel has been either ignored and/or used as wallpaper and/or barely used at all even in situations where she could have been proven useful to an extend.

It's like writers are not willing to stretch this character beyond the limits given to her.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Um...aren't all of those characters currently used in the comics ?

What I meant is that Rachel has been either ignored and/or used as wallpaper and/or barely used at all even in situations where she could have been proven useful to an extend.

It's like writers are not willing to stretch this character beyond the limits given to her.
    I know what you mean. Generally, I'm not a huge time-travel/alternate future nut, but I have always liked Rachel (as opposed to, say, Cable). That said, I do think she gets pushed asied more than she should.

I just thought AvX was tough. I think she got to say that she'd be really helpful to Hope, but I felt that it boiled down to (in terms of Hope) -- Cable bringing her up, Cyclops instilling her the importance of it all while toughening her up further, and then a healthy dose of Spider Man's "Great responsibility" and Iron Fists, whatever it was, I guess with a splash of Scarlet Witch's powers? Anyway, the phoenix force that has traveled who knows how far, decides that the best alternative to not getting Hope are 5 other individuals, and not one that has wielded it to some extent and isn't that far.
    Last edited by ShazamHusker; 06-19-2014 at 07:43 AM.

All-New Member

Avx did her a disservice. Further being at the jgs doesn't make sense for her character so she gets left alone there. Why would she join the Xmen that work with shield and the avengers and are more accepting if sentinels? Seems like she'd want to be with the team that's actually fighting those things and has her father, teenage mother and teenage father on the roster. Or she could join her dad and grand pappy in space and could kill some more shiar.

Never!!!!!!!!!

her only good showing since she came back was in AVX. unless she's been working as scotty's spy this whole time she can jump in a lake. what a silly character.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    her only good showing since she came back was in AVX. unless she's been working as scotty's spy this whole time she can jump in a lake. what a silly character.
    I take it you were never a fan of her? Like I said, she actually has more strikes against her for what I typically like, but for whatever reason I find that I've got a soft spot for her.