Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Meh, this kind of communication is pretty much a classic. At least he's not just trolling like Dan Slott did when superior SM started.

That's a bit silly of course but eh, it's not like he's the first to do it.

Nuff said!!

Fantastic Member

Batman reveal his secret identity

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blaster86 View Post
    Batman reveal his secret identity
    Nah. He'll start acting like Tony Stark in Civil War, with Superman acting like Steve Rogers and DC will call it something like ''A Most UN-Civil War. CRISIS'' LOL. The one to reveal their identity to the public? Barbara Gordon will reveal herself as Batgirl. Right in front of her old man LOL.

Incredible Member

Ok... let me try...

Superman and Batman gay frenchkiss as the entire Justice League rapes, plunders and burns everything and everyone in the background. With babies and puppies - as in, they punch people's chests in with babies and puppies. Then eat the remains. But that's (not always) after the rapes. Also, the Martian Manhunter sucks blood off people like a huge lamprey and spits the bones at them, killing even more. Including White Wally West.

This is now canon.

caitlyn jenner joins the justice league

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    Ok... let me try...

Superman and Batman gay frenchkiss as the entire Justice League rapes, plunders and burns everything and everyone in the background. With babies and puppies - as in, they punch people's chests in with babies and puppies. Then eat the remains. But that's (not always) after the rapes. Also, the Martian Manhunter sucks blood off people like a huge lamprey and spits the bones at them, killing even more. Including White Wally West.

This is now canon.
    Damn. I'd need a bunch of triple-sausage tower sandwiches if that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    Ok... let me try...

This is now canon.
    Didio did say that it was a controversial "scene." To do all that in one scene would be quite a thing. (and with decompressed storytelling, what you're describing is nine issues at least... )

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeburn View Post
    Azz's Amazons raped sailors left and right. Maybe they raped Bruce Wayne and Kal-El on a pleasure cruise? That's how we're getting Super Sons!
    No they didn't. They murdered them after consensual sex, which still is a pretty abhorrent thing to do, but as far as crimes go, they didn't rape anyone. Just killed people. Just as bad, but different.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Those sultry Amazons in Azz's run. For as long as it could last, it would indeed be heaven.

Haha

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Didio did say that it was a controversial "scene." To do all that in one scene would be quite a thing. (and with decompressed storytelling, what you're describing is nine issues at least... )
    Probably longer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    You know what? Dan Didio, and DC Corporate, make these statements in order to generate a reaction. They don't want them to be ignored, or shrugged at. They say it because they want attention.

Well, they generated a reaction. They weren't ignored. They got attention. They can't complain.

And why you're complaining, I have no idea. If you had said, "the most shocking panel of his career? Well, that's very interesting to me! That makes me want to buy it!" I wouldn't type a single line to argue with you. You're entitled to your reaction.

But you didn't say that. You said "how dare fans have a reaction to something designed to generate one!" Guess what? We're entitled to our reaction too.

It makes no never mind to me if you're an "apologist." But why do you need to insult everyone who isn't?

You can ignore the fact that some of these responses are ridiculous, you're entitled to that. Being turned off from something, because of a vague statement is kinda ridiculous. First of all, I won't sit here and act like I know what Didio is talking about, which makes me interested in the project a little more. He can literally be talking about ANYTHING, not just death. Open your mind folks. Another thing is, I'm not an apologist at all and I didn't insult anyone. If anyone feels like I insulted them, so be it. You won't get sympathy from me.

Fantastic Member

one of the batfamily gets knock up batgirl has a baby
    Last edited by hero talk; 02-23-2016 at 11:50 PM.

BANNED

@doctor bifrost I won't pretend that I don't have my issues with DC. I have plenty of issues with them. I'm pretty sure that i can rant for hours about Meredith's WW, Wilson's treatment of the E2 characters (more specifically, the women.), The Question, the lack of legacy, early cancellations, etc..In the end, why would i put so much energy into that? Oh but I'm an apologist right? I like everything that they do.

I can be negative 24/7 if you like....just to prove a point.
    Last edited by Starchild; 02-23-2016 at 10:06 PM.

I think people have a right to be apprehensive when Dan Didio makes a statement considering his track record. He's Funky Flashman without the hair.
    The Five Earths Project
    http://www.5earths.info/

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    You can ignore the fact that some of these responses are ridiculous, you're entitled to that. Being turned off from something, because of a vague statement is kinda ridiculous. First of all, I won't sit here and act like I know what Didio is talking about, which makes me interested in the project a little more. He can literally be talking about ANYTHING, not just death. Open your mind folks. Another thing is, I'm not an apologist at all and I didn't insult anyone. If anyone feels like I insulted them, so be it. You won't get sympathy from me.
    You don't think this is a little insulting?

Just another day on the DC forum where people continue to see the worst in everything. ....Now I'm going to get those posts where people say "We have a right to complain wahh wahh." "You're just an apologist blah blah."
    Is that the way you talk to your friends and family? You must be a joy to have around.

As I pointed out, people reacted to this vague statement because of the history and context associated with it and the person making it. If that doesn't mean anything to you, so be it.

DC wanted a reaction. Mission accomplished.

You can here - not, originally, to comment on DC's move, but to sneer at fans who had a different opinion than yours. Mission accomplished.

Win-win! Yet you still don't seem very happy.

But thank you for telling us that, since you don't know what Didio is talking about, it makes you even more interested in the project. That, at least, is an opinion about what DC is doing. Rathe than looking down your nose at other fans for having opinions of their own. Note that I am not sneering at your opinion - even though I don't happen to share it.

(Apparently his "vague comment" is enough to change your opinion. But if it's enough to change ours - well, that's "ridiculous"!)
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/