Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by missingmarch View Post
    Zero percent of me believes that this will be interesting.
    I think the coma thing would be interesting don't you guys ?
    I was in a freak accident there were freaks everywhere Dan vs

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    At this point, it'd be much more shocking and controversial if Batman knowingly killed someone on-panel.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    If Batman didn't kill the Joker for what he did to poor Jason Todd and all that happened in DOTF can you imagine what the villain would have to do to get Batman to kill them? I mean, it would have to be controversial! You might be on to something

BANNED

For a long time, starting with Howard Cosell, Monday Night Football always had a color commentator whose job, really, was to "be controversial." That stuff sells, as much as I hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    For a long time, starting with Howard Cosell, Monday Night Football always had a color commentator whose job, really, was to "be controversial." That stuff sells, as much as I hate it.
    Pro Wrestling is a better example. Who doesn't remember Vince McMahon with color commentator Jessie Venture calling Hulk Hogan's matches back in the eighties. Or how about Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler calling the action for the Rock and Steve Austin in the ring.

Thing here is though, that he is making some mighty big hype and we all doubt it will live up to the build up until proven otherwise.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Sweet Christmas, I'm not excited about this "rebirth" any more.

Hopefully it's a character I don't follow/don't care about...but I have a suspicion it'll of course be Superman taking the heat.
    Wouldn't surprise me, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
    I'm very confident this is what he is insinuating. I personally hope they don't do something like this though. A lot of people like the new 52 or have grown to like it and doing a big retcon is just going to alienate people even more than they already are.
    I don't know how much more alienated the fanbase can be.

Geoff Johns:
    It's in the same vein as "Green Lantern: Rebirth" and "The Flash: Rebirth." Some things alter and change, but it's more character-driven, and it's also more about revealing secrets and mysteries within the DC Universe about "Flashpoint" and The New 52 that are part of a bigger tapestry. A hidden and forbidden secret. DC has always felt mythic and sprawling. You can't put boundaries on it or rules. It will break them. And it should. This does. It does in a big way. This is the start of a storyline that continues, not through one book, but through the entire DC Universe -- something I'll be able to talk about after the one-shot is out. Again, I know we're keeping a lot of details under wraps -- frustratingly so for a lot of people -- but "DC Universe: Rebirth" #1 will answer a lot of your questions while raising a whole bunch of new ones. It will reverberate for a long, long time and we can talk more after this massive one-shot is in your hands on May 25!
    "Secrets and mysteries within the DC Univere about 'Flashpoint' and The New 52...a hidden and forbidden secret." That's a pretty strong indicator that Pandora's interference with the end of Flashpoint will be either erased or, more than likely, corrected.

"Corrected" could mean that the pre-Flashpoint DCU was never affected by Flashpoint/Pandora, but that she created a new universe. The pre-Flashpoint DCU is still there as one of the still-mysterious worlds in the Multiverse Guidebook.

Or, and I think this will sadly be more likely, the Flashpoint event fractured the pre-Flashpoint DCU, creating a universe that wasn't supposed to exist. Rebirth causes it to separate again and then reform, merging into a new yet familiar Earth not unlike Earth Sigma/New Earth. This new Earth will feature legacy characters and other aspects of the DCU (classic Superman uniform/characterization, original Wally West, JSA, Titans) with concepts introduced in the New 52 (everyone is younger, successful characterizations/storylines/designs) existing in one world.

The old DCU can't come back completely, but it can be "fixed," undoing the damage caused by the merging.

I also think it's no accident that Hallalax and Hal are meeting, as well as Earth-0 NotSoSuperman and pre-Flashpoint Superman.

Who knows, Rebirth might even ignore/retcon Convergence and to some extent, Multiversity.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xon-Ur View Post

The old DCU can't come back completely, but it can be "fixed," undoing the damage caused by the merging.
    Sure, the old DCU could return. This is fiction. None of it really happened. They could turn the clock back to pre-Crisis/pre-Man of Steel, where their universe really got broken. At this point continuity is so messed up that they wouldn't even need a Crisis or whatever. Just retro-boot and build from there. They could even say screw continuity, each book has its own continuity, which is what I would prefer.

It's not likely to happen, but one can dream.
    Last edited by WTNew; 02-29-2016 at 07:34 PM.

BANNED

Their experiment of the Batman mantle being donned by Jim Gordon is not as well-expected as they hunched it would be.. Maybe they'll kill off Jim Gordon?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    poor Jason Todd
    no no no. The phrase "poor Jason Todd" is never to be uttered in sympathy for that character.

*Dialed the kill Jason number on two different lines *

In fact I demand my $1 back since the jerks brought him back. And then they create a bloody fourth robin with the same unlikable personality as Jason

Or, and I think this will sadly be more likely, the Flashpoint event fractured the pre-Flashpoint DCU, creating a universe that wasn't supposed to exist. Rebirth causes it to separate again and then reform, merging into a new yet familiar Earth not unlike Earth Sigma/New Earth. This new Earth will feature legacy characters and other aspects of the DCU (classic Superman uniform/characterization, original Wally West, JSA, Titans) with concepts introduced in the New 52 (everyone is younger, successful characterizations/storylines/designs) existing in one world.
    I'm betting something in this arena too. Although Superman's old costume isn't coming back and he got his classic characterization back with the New 52. The one that was lost was the anomaly. I think Superdad will start wearing the classic costume again though, wherever he and his family end up (anywhere is fine as long as its not the main Earth).
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by missingmarch View Post
    Zero percent of me believes that this will be interesting.
    You're interested enough to post in this thread at least. And know what? Creating buzz was the whole point of it. That's what goold ol' Dan was going for and look at that, 20 something pages already my little bees.

I'm afraid the situation is only all to clear, we have been trolled.
    Last edited by Starter Set; 03-01-2016 at 12:45 AM.

BANNED

Sadly I've been thinking about this again and come up with another dreadful scenario:

What if, this Rebirth thing reveals another Batman/Robin Eternal-like event from the past where it somehow turns out Batman is the biological father of all of his Robins?

Maybe even worse in the Superman dept. Superman and Supergirl dont know they are cousins, they have a relationship and only later find out they are related?

And then there's ofc the option of a beloved and wellknown character(s) going completly R-rated and ends up being sent as presents to other characters. Kinda like what happend to Earth-3 Grayson... only we get to see the contents of one of the packages.
    Last edited by Outside_85; 03-01-2016 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    it somehow turns out Batman is the biological father of all of his Robins?
    Haha, man, don't know about about how controversial that would be but Bruce collecting his bastards and turning them into his very own sidekicks is a hilarious idea.

Actually that would be not a so bad start if they were to turn Batman into a villain lol.
    Last edited by Starter Set; 03-01-2016 at 01:01 AM.

Alright. I have figured it out. Listen up.

What if the double shipping isn't double shipping at all... What if they are merely going to be producing 1 batman book from old continuity and 1 new 52 batman book? The controversy that Didio may be referencing could be the meeting of these two universes. The new 52 and the old continuity faced with a decision of whose universe gets to survive because as we all know THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE! But as always in the face of such adversity the two universes team up and manage to overcome and separate their two universes permanently with no ties to the other creating... A NEW EARTH 2 (or should I say EARTH-52... eh? eh?) Creating two completely separate continuities within the same multiverse, all stemming from flashpoint. Double shipping the same titles but two different stories. BOOM I am out of here on that.

Could someone please note the time and date for when I am right about this?
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post

What if the double shipping isn't double shipping at all... What if they are merely going to be producing 1 batman book from old continuity and 1 new 52 batman book? The controversy that Didio may be referencing could be the meeting of these two universes. The new 52 and the old continuity faced with a decision of whose universe gets to survive because as we all know THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE! But as always in the face of such adversity the two universes team up and manage to overcome and separate their two universes permanently with no ties to the other creating... A NEW EARTH 2 (or should I say EARTH-52... eh? eh?) Creating two completely separate continuities within the same multiverse, all stemming from flashpoint. Double shipping the same titles but two different stories. BOOM I am out of here on that.

the universe would be so so convoluted and messed up if that happens. i'm willing to bet $0.50 that it doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post

I would actually be down for that.
    I have no beef with Vegans