Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    I seriously think that the word "controversial" here is being taken and used in a different context then the original statement was meaning. I am guessing that the controversy is going to come stem from something like "did the new 52 even happen?" is the new 52 a pocket universe created by Pandora as a test. Maybe she put that pocket universe inside of "Pandora's box" and the end of the new 52 will be the "opening of pandora's box" triggering everyone's memories to return unleashing the full power and legacy of the DC universe. Think controversy based on DC history instead of controversy based on stupid social stigmas.
    I'm very confident this is what he is insinuating. I personally hope they don't do something like this though. A lot of people like the new 52 or have grown to like it and doing a big retcon is just going to alienate people even more than they already are.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
    I'm very confident this is what he is insinuating. I personally hope they don't do something like this though. A lot of people like the new 52 or have grown to like it and doing a big retcon is just going to alienate people even more than they already are.
    I don't think any fans should have to feel alienated, but considering how unsuccessful DC has been with new readers since the reboot, I doubt many people will be upset even if the New52 universe is completely wiped out. Hopefully the good post-Flashpoint stories will remain in continuity. Like Batman! And, uhh, Batman!

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Something bad happens to Dick Grayson I bet.

I'm pretty sure it's either the death or turning villainous of a semi-A-list hero.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by Will of the Geeks View Post

I'm pretty sure it's either the death or turning villainous of a semi-A-list hero.
    What else is new?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will of the Geeks View Post

He could get crippled, and become the new oracle....

Incredible Member

Wonder woman's new costume to be made from the new material as her plane.... Shes told that only stupid people can't see it....
    Last edited by Fairyprincess; 02-28-2016 at 11:32 AM. Reason: I just dropped an e

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyprincess View Post
    Wonder woman's new costume to be made from the new material as her plan.... Shes told that only stupid people can't see it....
    If it was truly made of invisible material, she wouldn't have to worry about her modesty being compromised.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    If it was truly made of invisible material, she wouldn't have to worry about her modesty being compromised.
    Reminds me of the Robot Chicken 'reverse Wonder Woman'. She wore a mask, sleeves and pants.. but nothing between them.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Reminds me of the Robot Chicken 'reverse Wonder Woman'. She wore a mask, sleeves and pants.. but nothing between them.
    Heh. I remember that.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

I thought the rape depiction of Batgirl/Barbara Gordon was already "controversial".. What will they show next? A man-rape?
    I hope the controversy is not something of the sexual nature, as that's not new.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyJeffie View Post
    I thought the rape depiction of Batgirl/Barbara Gordon was already "controversial".. What will they show next? A man-rape?
    I hope the controversy is not something of the sexual nature, as that's not new.
    Thats also part of my problem with his statement. They've done rape, they've bloody-gore mutilations... what does he have in mind that trumps both?

That said, it may not be as bad, since we dont actually know what Dan considers controversial... like he considered Countdown to be 52 done right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Thats also part of my problem with his statement. They've done rape, they've bloody-gore mutilations... what does he have in mind that trumps both?

That said, it may not be as bad, since we dont actually know what Dan considers controversial... like he considered Countdown to be 52 done right.
    Agree.. Maybe a violent panel instead of a sexual one, say, a decapitated Superhero or even worse (or more controversial), a decapitated superheroine!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyJeffie View Post
    Agree.. Maybe a violent panel instead of a sexual one, say, a decapitated Superhero or even worse (or more controversial), a decapitated superheroine!!!
    I don't know why I just had a mental image of Deathstroke lopping off Batman's head and shoving him in to the Titans fridge as a gift. It'd never stick.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Fantastic Member

batman has been in a coma for the last year and a half and none of this year really happened
    I was in a freak accident there were freaks everywhere Dan vs

Fantastic Member

Zero percent of me believes that this will be interesting.