The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Default Daredevil #7 Spoilers.

SPOILERS!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ#7 YET!!!

So it turns out that Elektra never had a daughter, it was massive conspiracy to mislead her for reasons unknown. Still, before the big reveal I liked how Charles Soule hinted that it was possibly Daredevil's. I liked how Foggy socialized with Matt for a little bit and helped him find out it that the video was fake. When it was finally revealed how it was all fake I couldn't help but laugh. I wasn't upset I just thought it was funny in an anticlimactic way. What were your thoughts?
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

As an Elektra fan first and foremost I didn't like it. She was just used as a plot device to get at Matt over his worldwide mind wipe. I was actually thinking this could be an interesting development for Elektra if the child had been conceived and born later, perhaps during the 8 month gap? Instead it was all just a fake out with a rather bland ending.

I actually warmed up to the idea of Elektra having a child in the middle of this issue.

I hope she shows up again.
    We need better comics

I can't believe it took two whole issues to basically get to ... nothing. Wasted potential. I think it would be more suspenseful if we know how (and why) DD was able to mind-erase everyone, so that if there's a mystery villain on his trail to undo it, the tension would be greater. As it stands, it's just this giant annoying plot gimmick (and I thought not knowing why Thor Odison is unworthy was a pain in the butt) that has zero drama and tension.

I'm still picking this series up out of profound habit and loyalty to DD, but I'm likely giving it to issue 10.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    As an Elektra fan first and foremost I didn't like it. She was just used as a plot device to get at Matt over his worldwide mind wipe. I was actually thinking this could be an interesting development for Elektra if the child had been conceived and born later, perhaps during the 8 month gap? Instead it was all just a fake out with a rather bland ending.
    While I wouldn't be opposed to her having a kid, I don't feel like Soule has earned it yet. He needs to be on firmer footing.

I really liked this issue. It was a mindfuck at the end related to whatever Matt did. I thought Foggy's moment was great. While Elektra was seemingly used as a pawn, I also don't think she'll be passive. It feels like instead hell hath no fury like Elektra. I hope that goes somewhere in addition to the mystery of what Matt did being built on.

Maybe I just enjoyed seeing both Matt and Foggy with Elektra as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    While I wouldn't be opposed to her having a kid, I don't feel like Soule has earned it yet. He needs to be on firmer footing.

I really liked this issue. It was a mindfuck at the end related to whatever Matt did. I thought Foggy's moment was great. While Elektra was seemingly used as a pawn, I also don't think she'll be passive. It feels like instead hell hath no fury like Elektra. I hope that goes somewhere in addition to the mystery of what Matt did being built on.

Maybe I just enjoyed seeing both Matt and Foggy with Elektra as well.
    I liked this issue, too. I can see how some might find the revelation that there actually was no daughter to be anticlimatic but I liked that it set up that there's some mastermind behind this who's trying to get to Matt through people close to him like Elektra. And at two issues, this wasn't some drawn out storyline. It was quick enough where even though Elektra's daughter was a fake-out, we didn't have to go through five or six issues to find out. Also, the stuff with Foggy was good and I like that they're going to bring Blindspot into Matt's world now. This series continues to be in the good-but-not-great category for me but I'm enjoying it enough to stick with it. I think it's close to having that one great storyline that puts it over the top.