View Poll Results: Would you buy a team title with the Charlton characters?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

71 63.39%
  • No

21 18.75%
  • Don't know/No opinion

20 17.86%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    I'd like a "Question" book again, but only if its Vic Sage again and only if Frank Miller does it
    I am a huge Vic Sage fan and as horrible an idea as I think this is, I do sort of want to watch the train wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    A very sound concept for any superhero book, and I would buy a lot more of them if more books did this.
    I'm on board. I'd like to see about 10ish core books that would be the DCU and not more for about 3-5 years.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Not unless people were telling me it was one of the best comics out there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    I'm on board. I'd like to see about 10ish core books that would be the DCU and not more for about 3-5 years.
    If the books never or very rarely cross over, and mostly just did their own self-contained thing, then it wouldn't matter if DC published 10 or 20 or 50 corebooks.

Although I doubt they can survive on just 10 corebooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    If the books never or very rarely cross over, and mostly just did their own self-contained thing, then it wouldn't matter if DC published 10 or 20 or 50 corebooks.

Although I doubt they can survive on just 10 corebooks.
    What I mean is 10 core books that cross over and then everything else is self-contained.

BANNED

Is anyone starting to suspect that DC will launch a Watchmen title instead of doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Is anyone starting to suspect that DC will launch a Watchmen title instead of doing this?
    Not necessarily.
    (And as to the "instead of doing this" part, I don't have any reason at present to believe they may do either of them at all, so I'd rule out that "instead of this" from your question.)

Ultimate Member

I'd love it just to see more of Nightshade (and, yeah, also Plastic Man and some of the lesser-used characters like Thunderbolt and Judomaster).

But I'm not thrilled with Captain Atom, whom I loved back in the 80s, being re-imagined as a Dr. Manhattan analogue. That's all cart-before-horse-putting, when the original character who served as the inspiration for the newer more popular character is changed to be more like his knockoff. (See: Timber Wolf gaining a heightened sense of smell, claws and regeneration, to be more like some other character, which were never his friggin' powers...)

On the other hand, I'd be fine with the power disparity between Captain Atom and the others. The Justice League often makes it work with Batman, Green Arrow, Hawkpeeps, Aquaman, Black Canary, etc. on a team with Superman, so a talented writer could find a way to have the Question remain relevant on a team with Captain Atom, IMO.

At this point I think I'd rather see a mini with a story that involved them all as a loose association of people who know each other rather than an official team.

Fantastic Member

Yes I want the real question vic sage back and dc never used nightshade to her fullest potential wish they did

Fantastic Member

Heck why has batman never interacted with the charlton characters more especially nightshade they have similar stories and tropes more in common with them instead of the justice league

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'd love it just to see more of Nightshade (and, yeah, also Plastic Man and some of the lesser-used characters like Thunderbolt and Judomaster).

But I'm not thrilled with Captain Atom, whom I loved back in the 80s, being re-imagined as a Dr. Manhattan analogue. That's all cart-before-horse-putting, when the original character who served as the inspiration for the newer more popular character is changed to be more like his knockoff. (See: Timber Wolf gaining a heightened sense of smell, claws and regeneration, to be more like some other character, which were never his friggin' powers...)

On the other hand, I'd be fine with the power disparity between Captain Atom and the others. The Justice League often makes it work with Batman, Green Arrow, Hawkpeeps, Aquaman, Black Canary, etc. on a team with Superman, so a talented writer could find a way to have the Question remain relevant on a team with Captain Atom, IMO.
    The Fall and Rise of Captain Atom mini series from last year fixed most of the problems created by the Nu52 "Doctor Caphattan" series. They stripped away most of the Doctor Manhattan elements and reset him pretty close to the way he used to be pre-Flashpoint.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    At this point I think I'd rather see a mini with a story that involved them all as a loose association of people who know each other rather than an official team.
    The last time that happened, it produced one of the worst mini-series in the history of comic books:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Living_Assault_Weapons_Vol_1

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    Heck why has batman never interacted with the charlton characters more especially nightshade they have similar stories and tropes more in common with them instead of the justice league
    Nightshade is one of the best stealth operatives in the DCU. She should absolutely be being recruited by everyone.

Astonishing Member

(Question to anyone:

Who owns the rights to the Charlton Horror Hosts?

Thanks.)

Now back to your regular thread.