Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Japan has a Gundam.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Japan has a Gundam.
    And a Zaku!

BANNED

Well if we're going to compare who has more awesome stuff and cooler-looking guys right now...

then I'm going to go ahead and shout... yeah Japan solo's and stomps all over South Korea via sheer quality.

plus, I never cared much for K-Pop anyways.

back to the original fight: I think I agree when someone says that Japan has the sheer advantage in technology and they defecate all over South Korea in that area. But in military readiness and soldier training, the Koreans might have it, but I don't know much about either countries in this area.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NotSoSuper View Post
    Japan.

South Korea's like a deer that found a gun one day because the deer was sick and tired of its friends being shot, and decided to murder a redneck and take their gun. The deer then realizes it has no fingers thus rendering the gun useless. So it just stares at the gun and hopes people will walk away from the deer and its friend, the fully loaded gun. After realizing people don't want to go near a deer with a fully loaded gun next to it, the deer assimilates a populous of deer with guns. They still can't exactly use the guns, though, but they're really proud of their guns. They're probably never going to use the guns, but they have them.

Japan, on the other hand, is like a herd of sophisticated meerkats whose cultural history was founded upon the belief that its better to kill oneself than to die a loser. The meerkats have since then become more sophisticated, and developed Katanas that are comprised entirely of overcharged atoms and pure awesomeness.
    I take it that's supposed to be all humourous nonsense?

South Korea's army is one of the most well trained and equipped in the entire world, as is their SF. Japan's is... decent. Japan has more ships, because South Korea has prioritized land warfare (due to North Korea's massive, massive, yet starving and poorly trained, army)

Japan's whole "I'd rather kill myself than lose" thing has never done it any favors. United States Marines, with comparable equipment and numbers, were able to kill 2 or 3 japanese soldiers for every Marine that died during the Pacific war. Fanaticism really is *not* good for war. It doesn't make your troops any better.

Training makes your troops better. Any army fights the way it trains.

So, Japan has a bit more ability to project it's Naval power than South Korea, but no ability to finish the fight, because they could never win a land war in Korea today, while the reverse is not true.

South Korea, eventually, after a lot of blood, fire, death. Mostly on Japan's end.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DanArt View Post

South Korea ( according to the north ) are captives of western imperialism and the foundation of there society relies solely on the position in the far east. South korea army is the United States Army. Otherwise they are more defenseless then Japan towards the end of WW2 in my opinion. If such a war did occur without aide from the US, the North would come in. If the north did not come in, then big China would absorb both nations. If big China did not come in, then Russian forces would absorb both nations. In terms of war United States is acting like a barrier with China using the debt US owes as a black-mail.
    I see that we have at least one North Korean forum member. Did the Great Leader tell you that while astride his diamond-skinned unicorn?