Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default South Korea vs Japan

South Korea and Japan go to war. Who wins?

BANNED

Oh boy... you done start it.

I was under the impression that in World War II, Japan basically conquered and assimilated Korea into its empire.

But are we talking about modern times now? Well... I dunno... japan's military has been restricted and hasn't seen much action in the world since the end of World War II, yet I hear south korea is training theirs to prepare fighting against another power, North Korea, soooooooo....

North Korea is to a world power, what ants are to my boot.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Japan.

South Korea's like a deer that found a gun one day because the deer was sick and tired of its friends being shot, and decided to murder a redneck and take their gun. The deer then realizes it has no fingers thus rendering the gun useless. So it just stares at the gun and hopes people will walk away from the deer and its friend, the fully loaded gun. After realizing people don't want to go near a deer with a fully loaded gun next to it, the deer assimilates a populous of deer with guns. They still can't exactly use the guns, though, but they're really proud of their guns. They're probably never going to use the guns, but they have them.

Japan, on the other hand, is like a herd of sophisticated meerkats whose cultural history was founded upon the belief that its better to kill oneself than to die a loser. The meerkats have since then become more sophisticated, and developed Katanas that are comprised entirely of overcharged atoms and pure awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSoSuper View Post
    Japan.

South Korea's like a deer that found a gun one day because the deer was sick and tired of its friends being shot, and decided to murder a redneck and take their gun. The deer then realizes it has no fingers thus rendering the gun useless. So it just stares at the gun and hopes people will walk away from the deer and its friend, the fully loaded gun. After realizing people don't want to go near a deer with a fully loaded gun next to it, the deer assimilates a populous of deer with guns. They still can't exactly use the guns, though, but they're really proud of their guns. They're probably never going to use the guns, but they have them.

Japan, on the other hand, is like a herd of sophisticated meerkats whose cultural history was founded upon the belief that its better to kill oneself than to die a loser. The meerkats have since then become more sophisticated, and developed Katanas that are comprised entirely of overcharged atoms and pure awesomeness.
    An an Asian, I am torn between finding this comment offensive or hilarious.

According to GlobalFirepower index ranking. South Korea is Ranked 7th, Japan is ranked 9th. Bloodlusted SK should stomp.

South Korea Active Frontline Personnel- 625,000, Reserve Active Personnel-2,900,000

Japan Active Frontline Personnel- 250,000 Reserve Active Personnel-57,900

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Japan has a a relatively token military given their relative power since WWII and has only recently started to rearm.

South Korea has had a rather angry neighbour for a while which tends to allow domestic policy to push more toward military spending.

I'd vote for South Korea.

Japan's Navy is more or less on par with South Korea, but their air force is outmatched(it's more transport oriented than South Korea, who with their large advantage in fighter craft would likely establish air superiority) and they really lose in the land war department as they haven't fielded a real standing army since WW2, whereas South Korea has had to maintain a state of readiness since the Korean War. Also they have an enormous advantage in armor and artillery.

Astonishing Member

Neither country can transport large numbers of troops to the other. South Korea has more old F-5s and F-16s. Japan has more F-15s. Japan has a significantly more capable navy. However, neither can really defeat it each through air or sea. They can't get significant ground troops to each other. So it's a a draw.

I would think a draw in the short term would favor Japan in the long term due to industrial capacity. Kind of the reverse of the Japan vs America situation in World War II.

BANNED

Well okay seriously no.

South Korea ( according to the north ) are captives of western imperialism and the foundation of there society relies solely on the position in the far east. South korea army is the United States Army. Otherwise they are more defenseless then Japan towards the end of WW2 in my opinion. If such a war did occur without aide from the US, the North would come in. If the north did not come in, then big China would absorb both nations. If big China did not come in, then Russian forces would absorb both nations. In terms of war United States is acting like a barrier with China using the debt US owes as a black-mail.

Japan on the other-hand have a defense force that is itching for battle and was used recently in the Orient as well ( not majorly ). Thinking why some Japanese police are ( the way they are ) because they are actually part of that defense force. Again United States would come in to block both nations from fighting each other.

Right now in my opinion, financially without looking at bartering goods. I feel that Japan would in terms of financially without aide from any other nation. However the North would not stand for it. But again between the South and Japan you have to consider the South is also ready at any moment to fight with the north. So you could say the South Korean Army is more able but the Japanese Military are more stocked.

Personally without any rules I feel Japan would use unauthorized means of fighting against the South. They have the technology. South Korea on the other hand are completely naked when it comes to technology. Thinking about problems you will have to realize that after that ugly storm and Earthquake, Japan does not really care when it comes to safety hazards as many of it's own products are optionally tested by most youths. Japan would not care who would perish as long as they would win. However that is entirely optional. South on the other hand would fight to the bitter end but again Korea itself in the modern world have been invaded more time then counted.

I could image Gudam Stlye being played on the battlefield.............Korea unleashes it's GundamStines against Japans Gundams

Feel free to go tell that to a ROK soldier one day, I mean if you don't mind having your teeth fed to you.

Ok for those who think North Korea is a threat to South Korea.

But... but glorious leader Kim "bad haircut" Yung-Un said South Koreans are "captives of western imperialism and the foundation of there society relies solely on the position in the far east." Which apparently means something relevant to this conversation If we can't can't take the word of an egomaniac oppressive dictator whose in the news lately for the public execution of his senior military officials, who can we trust?

Edit: And on a more serious note less than half of those relics they fly are thought to be flight capable due to age on the airframes, lack of fuel, spare parts, etc, and they don't have any pilots with any real flight hours under their belts since they don't have the fuel necessary for regular fly time.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 02-24-2016 at 04:32 PM.

North Korea in a nutshell:

Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan