BANNED

Default If Marvel still had a complete ownership on the X-men...

If Marvel still had a complete ownership on the X-men, would it have been possible that we could have gotten the following?

Storm as the new Thor
    Colossus as the new Hulk
    Vampire Jubilee as the new Blade
    Pixie as the new Wasp

Who else?

BANNED

Back in the day Marvel Still cared more about his non x men properties and did everything in their power to promote em

I don't think so.

Jane Foster is the obvious choice for the new Thor and I knew who it was before it was officially stated. Not to mention, Jane was a Thor in a 'what if' many years ago, so it's not exactly an original idea (although the cancer angle is).

Amadeus Cho makes more sense to be Hulk than Piotr due to his connections with Banner.

Jubilee as Blade..? Eh. I'm not so sure Marvel thinks Jubilee can carry her own series and I don't know if I could really see her as a gritty vampire hunter.

I can't think of any scenario where it would make sense for Pixie to be Wasp. The new Wasp is some alt-dimension daughter of Pym isn't she? Haven't really been following. But Megan has no connection to the Pym/Van Dyne family and she has her own theme going. It would make more sense for her to become Dr Strange's sidekick and learn more magic from him than to become Wasp.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    If Marvel still had a complete ownership on the X-men, would it have been possible that we could have gotten the following?

Storm as the new Thor
    Colossus as the new Hulk
    Vampire Jubilee as the new Blade
    Pixie as the new Wasp

Who else?
    Why would you want the X-men characters to be in the shoes on a lesser franchise characters?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Guys, these are all hypothetical. Storm as Thor has been done before, etc.

Pixie as the new Wasp would have been an interesting take. Imagine if they'd have brought the adult Jean Grey back and made her a member of the Ultimates.

Spectacular Member Emilio Garra's Avatar

The movies wouldn't be such a mess that's for damn sure. I'm still trying to understand how Jubilee is in the same age range as Cyclops, Storm, Jean, etc. in the this new flick...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio Garra View Post
    The movies wouldn't be such a mess that's for damn sure. I'm still trying to understand how Jubilee is in the same age range as Cyclops, Storm, Jean, etc. in the this new flick...
    It's really very simple: like every superhero film ever, it does not agree for 100% with 616 canon, and these characters were recruited more or less at the same time...

Also, they rebooted the timeline.

It's not a mess and it's not complicated. Or at least, a lot less of a mess and lesscomplicated than the 616 timeline.

Spectacular Member Emilio Garra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's really very simple: like every superhero film ever, it does not agree for 100% with 616 canon, and these characters were recruited more or less at the same time...

Also, they rebooted the timeline.

It's not a mess and it's not complicated. Or at least, a lot less of a mess and lesscomplicated than the 616 timeline.
    I get that and understand things don't have to be 100% like the comics, but I feel Jubilee isn't really necessary for this movie. I like Jubilee and all, but it feels like Singer is just trying to cram in as many fan favorites in his movies before he exits.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio Garra View Post
    I get that and understand things don't have to be 100% like the comics, but I feel Jubilee isn't really necessary for this movie. I like Jubilee and all, but it feels like Singer is just trying to cram in as many fan favorites in his movies before he exits.
    I feel Jubilee isn't really necessary, period. Comics, movies, games...

But this isn't exactly a new thing, isn't it? X-Men 2 was filled to the brim with this kind of thing. Got nothing to do with Singer wanting to do stuff before he exits. He just plain wants to do stuff like that, and likely would still be doing it if he knew for certain he'd be making 15 more X-Men films after this one.

Would Jubilee even be a vampire if Marvel had complete control over the X-Men? LOL

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    Would Jubilee even be a vampire if Marvel had complete control over the X-Men? LOL
    Most likely she would, yes. How long has Dracula been a part of the X-mythos again?

I could probably see Pixie as Wasp but the others not so much

Mighty Member

3508590-4320600710-58096.jpg
    message is too short. you must have 10 characters
    Cyclops was right