Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Default Aquaman #49 Discussion and stuff. (spoilers)

Just read this issue. Fantastic. So much fun. Great character moments, while I could have done without all the big bad building up scenes that kind of ruined the flow of the book a little, was still an awesome issue.

Art was decent. Faces were sometimes off, nothing too bad though.

And that final Page. Mera as Aquawoman as eveyone guessed so awesome.

Man what a NCBD it's been so far!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Is this first time Mera changed costume?

Quote Originally Posted by Xoxx View Post
    Is this first time Mera changed costume?
    Well, I think around when Pelletier took over art duties she started going sleeveless, but that was probably the biggest change in her outfit before this that Mera's had in a while.
    Last edited by Frontier; 02-24-2016 at 11:14 AM.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

You gotta love it when nice comedic character moments are juxtaposed with scenes of people being murdered horribly by what I presume is Red Demon-Armed Ghost Shark.

BANNED

This was a really fun issue, it's always nice to see Salty and it was cool to see Aquaman and Mera hang out with The Drift. Garth and Tula were cracking me up with their demanding of "land coins". I wonder if Swatt is deformed underneath the mask don't think I recall him being shown imagine if he was Lagoon Boy

As far as the big reveal at the end I was originally hoping they wouldn't go that route with how uncharacteristic it would of felt, but they addressed it well in a fashion that didn't turn me away from the idea.

I loved the political mind of Aquaman being put into play and it's always nice to get those bridge between two worlds metaphors and belonging to either that's a very important theme for me.

I'm excited for the next issue and hoping for great things with Abnett penning Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I think around when Pelletier took over art duties she started going sleeveless, but that was probably the biggest change in her outfit before this that Mera's had in a while.
    I didn't even notice that Mera used to have long sleeves at start, ha. But I meant overall, since even old pictures I've seen of her have Mera in green costume. Personally, I'm fine with both green suit and Aquawoman.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I loved the political mind of Aquaman
    I loved it too. Now, if he started official dialogue with certain Leaguer/ruler of ancient island...

BANNED

Whose this leaguer/ruler of an ancient island? The suspense is killing me!!

I'm always game for seeing more interactions with Wonder Woman but at the same time I want to see him hang out with other characters in the DC Universe. Heck bring up his Environmental/Animal side as well with more interactions with Swamp Thing or Animal Man/Vixen.

I'm hoping we can see what Etriax and Thule are doing in the next issue or down the arc atleast as well I honestly like the idea of Aquaman's kingdom expanding, I'm guessing after Rise Of the Seven Seas that will be even moreso.

Abnett continues to be one of my favorites for a reason. I am back in Aquaman.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Hope he stays on for Rebirth and beyond.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Whose this leaguer/ruler of an ancient island? The suspense is killing me!!

I'm always game for seeing more interactions with Wonder Woman but at the same time I want to see him hang out with other characters in the DC Universe. Heck bring up his Environmental/Animal side as well with more interactions with Swamp Thing or Animal Man/Vixen.

I'm hoping we can see what Etriax and Thule are doing in the next issue or down the arc atleast as well I honestly like the idea of Aquaman's kingdom expanding, I'm guessing after Rise Of the Seven Seas that will be even moreso.
    While I do agree with you about more natural heroes interacting with him, my dream is that Diana and Arthur have friendship that rivals World's Finest and Brave and Bold.

Feels good enjoying an Aquaman again.

Always Rakzo

As far as traditional takes on Aquaman go, this one was pretty well-executed.

The character moment were solid, the romantic scenes between Arthur and Mera were charming and even the rest of the cast like Garth, Murk and Tula showed some rare lighthearted moments.

Oh, and Mera totally rocks that Aquawoman costume.

Overall a pretty great issue. A+ for actually making the whole aquawoman thing make sense.

I don't like Mera being Aquawoman since I think she is big enough to be her own hero but whatever. This issue was great and revived my interest in the title so I'm gonna keep puling it assuming Abnett doesn't jump off once Rebirth starts.

And I hope Aquaman expands his kingdom onto land and eventually has tensions with the Justice League. *rubs hands together deviously*

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by invincibledeez View Post
    I don't like Mera being Aquawoman since I think she is big enough to be her own hero but whatever. This issue was great and revived my interest in the title so I'm gonna keep puling it assuming Abnett doesn't jump off once Rebirth starts.

And I hope Aquaman expands his kingdom onto land and eventually has tensions with the Justice League. *rubs hands together deviously*
    I doubt that seriously. He is most likely going to expand under the sea and try to find the broken pieces of old atlantis to bring his people to their former glory.