Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    I think it's fine. Probably won't last long, as the Rebirth pic has Mera in her regular get up.
    Maybe they didn't want to "spoil" the surprise?

So happy to have Aquaman back after the dark days. Can't say I'm a fan of the new costume for Mera, but I'm totally on board for the new direction.

BANNED

Got it today. The carnival scenes were pretty great. Who knew you could get the Atlanteans hooked on cotton candy?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I just read this issue last night and really enjoyed it. Long running titles like this need the "downtime" "filler" issue that demonstrates character time and growth like we saw here. I don't view it as filler, put that in quotes cause I know some want action, action, action ALL.THE.TIME!!

The Aquawoman, not that the term was used, moniker wasn't used but I appreciated Mera's monologue for her choice of attire and reasoning for it.

Be nice to see her in it longer but with REBIRTH around the corner it seems it'll just be a blip on the radar.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I just read this issue last night and really enjoyed it. Long running titles like this need the "downtime" "filler" issue that demonstrates character time and growth like we saw here. I don't view it as filler, put that in quotes cause I know some want action, action, action ALL.THE.TIME!!
    Its unfortunate that many people don't see it that way. I remember when Parker started his run with "downtime" issues lots of people complained that its not as "epic" as Johns run.

Took me long enough to buy a copy, but I managed to enjoy reading it.