Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Kind of mixed on Mera taking the Aquawoman name. And I agree with Dr. Poison, her outfit should at least be different from Arthur's

Also, I'm trying to remember but can Mera draw water from the air?
    I felt pretty mixed about the Aquawoman thing to if he didn't address the whole thing being something that would be uncharacteristic I probably would of griped, but Abnett handled it well and he set it up well having her address the idea then making the reveal.

Pretty much

Yeah, he made it rather obvious that Mera doesn't like this, doesn't want to do this, but since its so important to Aquaman then she is going to do her best.

BANNED

^If they set it up like that, that's fair. Can't wait for next Wednesday. I should check if I need anything g next week, or if I'm safe to just go tomorrow.

So uh, who's got a pic of Mera's new duds?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Y'know, even if she is basically just wearing Arthur's costume, you can't argue with the fact that she really pulls it off .

And it's a look fittingly shared with Aquawoman from Earth-11, though obviously she's a direct, gender-flipped, counterpart of our Aquaman rather then Mera taking up a new identity.

I do think that it might have been nice if they made the look more individualized for Mera, like keeping her tiara, maybe putting in more green, stuff like that. Or maybe keep Mera's traditional look but just add the Aquaman belt-buckle?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know, even if she is basically just wearing Arthur's costume, you can't argue with the fact that she really pulls it off .

And it's a look fittingly shared with Aquawoman from Earth-11, though obviously she's a direct, gender-flipped, counterpart of our Aquaman rather then Mera taking up a new identity.

I do think that it might have been nice if they made the look more individualized for Mera, like keeping her tiara, maybe putting in more green, stuff like that. Or maybe keep Mera's traditional look but just add the Aquaman belt-buckle?
    Yeah, maybe the coral bracers but in green, sleeveless lime her old outfit, and with the tiara. But this is pretty good. Plus there's room for tweaks down the road, especially with Rebirth on the horizon.

She has that collar that's different from Aquamam's, unless that's a new thing since I stopped reading.

While I loved this issue I HATE Meras costume. I was looking forward to her taking ownership of the Aquawoman name, but man that look is just not working.

I ditched Aquaman a few issues into Bunn's run, but I'm really glad I picked this up. It really felt like a continuation of Parker's run. Lighter, freer, better. I don't know that I'm going to be the biggest fan of Mera adopting the Aquawoman moniker but I did like her outfit.
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja

Astonishing Member

Aquaman plays best when he's still a salty working class, small town New Englander between his crazy global adventures.

I think Mera rocks the Aquacostume. The design itself, the aesthetic of Aquaman's kit on a hyperathletic female body is gorgeous, but the main problem for me is the orange of the mail shirt is just clashing entirely with her hair. Gingers actually face this problem all the damn time! If you check your season/fashion palette most gingers because we're fair-haired and bright-eyed get lumped in with springs and autumns but actually, a whole mess of us are winters and need to wear cool colors, not earth tones or warm colors. Gold-orange is obviously about as warm a tone as you can get and is glaringly wrong next to Mera's "most gingery ginger in all of DCU" hair and ghostly white skin. She's a hydromancer who slings water like weapons - it's gonna be about the cool tones. Her shirt should be silver-pale blue, rather than gold-orange. Gingers and silver are paired amazingly. Failing that, I guess a more muted, cool tone of orange could be found, but they're so muted that they're almost grey at that point. Orange is probably the warmest color, because no combination of orange doesn't have yellow and red in it.

Arthur's fair-haired, so the orange works beautifully with his complexion.

They both pull off green like pros, though.
    Last edited by K. Jones; 02-27-2016 at 05:42 PM.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Aquaman plays best when he's still a salty working class, small town New Englander between his crazy global adventures.

I think Mera rocks the Aquacostume. The design itself, the aesthetic of Aquaman's kit on a hyperathletic female body is gorgeous, but the main problem for me is the orange of the mail shirt is just clashing entirely with her hair. Gingers actually face this problem all the damn time! If you check your season/fashion palette most gingers because we're fair-haired and bright-eyed get lumped in with springs and autumns but actually, a whole mess of us are winters and need to wear cool colors, not earth tones or warm colors. Gold-orange is obviously about as warm a tone as you can get and is glaringly wrong next to Mera's "most gingery ginger in all of DCU" hair and ghostly white skin. She's a hydromancer who slings water like weapons - it's gonna be about the cool tones. Her shirt should be silver-pale blue, rather than gold-orange. Gingers and silver are paired amazingly. Failing that, I guess a more muted, cool tone of orange could be found, but they're so muted that they're almost grey at that point. Orange is probably the warmest color, because no combination of orange doesn't have yellow and red in it.

Arthur's fair-haired, so the orange works beautifully with his complexion.

They both pull off green like pros, though.
    Silver to compliment Arthur's gold would look pretty cool now that you say that.

I liked it good to see Garth Murk Tula not sure about Mera new costume or the name and what with Tula hair colour keep changing need put abnett on both Aquaman and Titans after rebirth.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Outrageous!!! I'm gonna add Aquaman to my list again. Poor wallet

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I have never fallen in love with a fictional comic book character before today.

Have mercy.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

I think it's fine. Probably won't last long, as the Rebirth pic has Mera in her regular get up.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Can I just mention again how much I enjoyed this issue? After how randomly abysmal this book got after Jeff Parker left, it's back to being fun again!