Default Green Lantern: New Guardians #32 Spoiler/Discussion

"There’s a new terror in the universe as the body-snatching Psions are introduced to The New 52! In space you can – and will – hear a New Guardian scream!"

Observations:

The Beginning of a New Story Arc.

Carol and New Guardians heavy. Kyle doesn't show up until the end.

The artwork is amazing, and the book remains pretty fun. One of my favourite Green Lantern books so far apart from maybe Red Lanterns, but it's getting so hard to call between the two because they're both great. Along with Sinestro, the GL line is in a very strong place right now and I plan on jumping back on the core title after Uprising because I've heard that the book's getting better. I've dug Venditti's Valiant Comics stuff so hopefully it should be great. And I hear the Green Lantern Corps book is good as well so I might give that a shot - again, Post Uprising.

4/5

Thoughts?
    Last edited by BaneofKings; 06-19-2014 at 08:45 AM.

A great issue and generally spooky. Jordan managed to definitely capture the alien vibe with this issue and I think I will really enjoy this take on the Psions. To me, its the first time in a long while that they have been utilized well and hold potential for being great villains. I really liked Bedard's REBELS book but his Psions were quite dull in comparison to here. Mind you, we don't actually see them but their handy work but I think I will like it. Plus, GL fans always hear about how the Manhunters had gone rogue yet very rarely do the Guardian's other experiment namely the Psion's get tackled. When I reached the end, I was like 'NOoooooo, I want to read more now!" Anyway, I hope the Psions maintain themselves as a threat in the book after their arc.

Fantastic Member

Very cool issue that had a pretty excellent horror vibe to it. I almost didn't want to turn some pages because something equally creepy than the previous page will appear. Good stuff.

While focusing more on the guardians and Carol, you rather felt for both parties - the guardians trying to get their fellow brother back and Carol who just wants to find Kyle, but has to stick with the Guardians and gets too caught up with them until its too late. Hope this atmosphere sticks around for the whole arc. I also liked Carol's line of, "Well that explains the space sharks..." lol. Definitely seems like the Psions will be big players as I think it was in either JLU or Future's End they were referenced.

This continues to remain neck and neck with Red Lanterns as the best Lantern book.

New Guardians just gets better and better with every issue. Keep it up Jordan and Walker! You're fast approaching the quality of Red Lanterns!