Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Hank Pym vs the young masters of evil android Egghead

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I really enjoyed it when Tombstone showed up in Deadpool towards the end of Way's run. I think Spidey has enough villains to spread the love around a little. A few I would like to see,

Old Spider-Man villain Chance taking on Deadpool. A light hearted, humorous one.

Purple Man vs Moonknight. A grim and gritty one.

New Ghost Rider, Robbie Reyes, obviously doesn't have a rouge gallery yet. I would like to see him go up against some new villains but I'd love to see him take on The Hood first. Both supernatural guys. Robbie resents the crime and gangs that surround him.

Daken and winter soldier.
    Sentinels and inhumans

Would like to see sabre tooth and iron fist go at it again

Mystique VS. Kamala Khan. It's a bit of a cheat since Mystique originally was a Ms. Marvel villain, but I doubt Mysti would ignore the news of the new Ms. Marvel being a shapeshifter like her.
    Last edited by Myetche; 06-19-2014 at 04:23 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Fantastic Member

U-Foes versus The Fantastic Four. I always pictured Vector having a history with Reed Richards. Now what if the U-Foes powers were waning and the only way to maintain their abilities were to absorb or leech off of the FF. Clearly the FF would be outmatched but the way I see it it'll force the team to be creative and resourceful in defeating the U-Foes.

Mandarin versus Iron Fist! This confrontation writes itself! If not Mandarin then his son!

The showdown I have been calling for which still might happen is Hickman's Isaac Newton from S.H.I.E.L.D. versus Reed Richards. I believe Reed Richards has an obviously uninformed hero worship of Isaac Newton whereas Isaac Newton would regard Reed Richards as the ultimate abomination in how a genius should live.

On a more mundane level, I would think Arnim Zola, especially Remender's version, would be a fitting foe for Tony Stark.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    U-Foes versus The Fantastic Four. I always pictured Vector having a history with Reed Richards. Now what if the U-Foes powers were waning and the only way to maintain their abilities were to absorb or leech off of the FF. Clearly the FF would be outmatched but the way I see it it'll force the team to be creative and resourceful in defeating the U-Foes.

Mandarin versus Iron Fist! This confrontation writes itself! If not Mandarin then his son!
    Well the Fantastic Four do fight the U-Foes in the Avengers Alliance game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameszahra View Post
    Daken and winter soldier.
    They seeded this feud, but it never came to fruition and then both characters died. Now that they're both alive, they should explore this. Winter Solider did murder Daken's mother.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

A few suggestions of my own

Dr. Midas vs the Fantastic Four-He has their powers, an iron man suit, is rich, and has an army of mindless ones, he would make a great FF villain.
    Hulk vs The Hand or any other ninja villains such as Gorgon- I'd like to see how someone who's power is to be strong and angry facing off against someone who's abilities are more based on training, weapons, and techniques
    All-new X-men vs Apocalypse- Just imagine an Apocalypse who has already faced the X-men before who now goes up against a group of the X-men he first ran into who are much younger and less experienced but dramatically different.

I'd liked to also see a story of a young hero have to take on a more experienced villain or group of villains.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

It is common knowledge that there is an abundance of B thru Z list villains that could easily be used for a project like this, it makes much more sense to spread out these characters rather than having them all continuously cluster together trying to fight the same heroes over and over again especially when realistically many of them would rather put distance between heavy hitters like the Avengers and the like.

It makes perfect sense to pit inter-dimensional villains like Mojo, Spiral, and Scattershot against groups that are supposed to deal with threats like them on a daily basis like the Exiles and A.R.M.O.R.

Nitro could be the ideal villain for the New Warriors or even just Speedball given all the grief he’s caused the team during the Stamford incident. Jack-o’-lantern

Demogoblin and Wendigo could both be great villains for Ghost Rider to square off against, as could Jack-o’-lantern with a little tweaking as shown from his Civil War incarnation.

The Fraternity of Raptors are a more or less clandestine group devoted to reshaping the galaxy to their line of thinking, ideally putting them into conflict with any number of cosmic characters like the Guardians of the Galaxy, Nova, or even the Starjammers.

The Mandarin and Malekith the Accursed both have the potential to be major players in the magical community so why not throw them against someone like Doctor Strange instead of limiting them to Tony and Thor.

Spiderman probably has the largest rogue gallery in the marvel universe, wouldn’t be all that hard to sort them all out and then divvy the list up between Spidey, Venom, and Scarlet Spider. They’ve already done it after a fashion with Kraven the Hunter and Jack-o’-lantern, not to mention the Lobo Brothers, the Human Fly, Death Adder, and Crime Master. Miles Warren could easily be made out to be Scarlet Spider’s primary nemesis given their history together, same could be said with Shocker and Venom.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Mojo vs the Avengers. Now that they are more popular than the X-Men, he may want to cash on them.

Kade Kilgore vs Amadeus Cho: annoying smartass evil kid vs annoying smartass good kid

The GLA vs the Desert Dwellers: because the Desert Dwellers are the foes the GLA deserve
    Attachment 4187
    See Uncanny Avengers Annual for Mojo vs Avengers.

Blade vs Gorgon

Captain Marvel vs Titanium Man and Crimson Dynamo

Punisher vs Americop

Winter Soldier vs Killmonger

Power Man and a White Tiger vs Wrecking Crew

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

The weird thing is that the Wrecking Crew have been loaned out for so long that now they can't really go back to Thor.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jameszahra View Post
    Sentinels and inhumans
    I like that one.

Logically, the newly appearing Inhumans should be *radically* more unpopular with mutant-haters than mutants themselves, since, unlike mutants, which kind of happen to normal humans as a more or less natural progression (at least as far as the hoi-polloi of 616 know), the Terrigen mist is clearly a foreign alien thing that is mutating people into monsters, and the more they learn about it, the more they find out that the people being mutated *where already part alien* (or non-human, whatever).

Since those being transformed are being transformed against their will by an outside (alien) process, I could see families *happily* signing over custody of their children or power of attorney for their loved ones to some government agency that promises to 'get them help' and 'find a cure.' (With 'get them help' and 'find a cure' meaning 'hunt them down, imprison them and experiment upon them, perhaps, incidentally, finding a cure in the process...) The racism-stink wafting around anti-mutant efforts will be much harder to attach to these 'Inhuman Restoration Acts,' because the afflicted were humans and citizens before their 'affliction,' and it would be much easier to characterize this as 'rescuing them' from an 'alien bio-weapon,' than trying to sell a mutant cure.

Even pro-mutant agitators might find themselves in a weird position, some arguing 'first they came for the Inhumans...' while others might regard the situations as utterly different, and as mangled a metaphor as trying to equate mutant rights with suffrage or gay rights. Some mutants might also get in on the act. Some followers of Apocalypse, or Sinister, already a fan of pruning out mutants he considers unworthy, might decide that the Inhumans are an existential threat to mutant supremacy, and it's only time before an all new army of clone-Marauders storm Attilan.

Mr. Sinister, or Exodus, or both, would be a completely logical new foe for the Inhumans. So would the Red Skull, or Arnim Zola, for that matter...

Caught between human supremacists who regard them as no better than, or perhaps even *worse* than, mutants, and mutant supremacists (former Acolytes, Horsemen, etc.) who don't want competition for the coming age of mutant rule, the Inhumans are likely to be in deep doo-doo.

And then there are the actual *Inhumans,* who have felt hard-used and abandoned by the ruling family of Attilan. Seeker, Stallior, Falcona, Aero, Leonus, Timberius, Nebulos, Phobia, Helios, Gronk, Tusk, Foxbat, Gauntlet, Barrage, Hard-Drive, Psynapse. Undoubtedly there are more, who haven't been named, and have been kicked out of Attilan over the centuries, to live in exile, nursing resentment... Attilan's no longer safe in the Himalayas, on the moon, or in space. It's kind of open season on the old guard.