Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default should Rocksteady make a Superman Game?

since the Batman Arkham series has ended, is it the right move for Rocksteady focus on Superman? because he was mentioned a few times in Arkham Knight. i believe they can make a superman game because to be fair there has't been a very well done superman game at all. so do you think it should be done or not?

All-New Member

Dont see how, he has too many powers. Batman was human and definitely not invincible. It would be very hard to make a Superman game challenging.

BANNED

Yeay, I can't wait for a Metropolis: Tank Wars game...

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I'd be torn about it because it always either means depowering him or risking the lack of belief anything can harm him. Clearly there's his rivals who can weaken him or have his level of strength or intellect, but you can't exactly imagine him zipping down to a bunch of average criminals in Metropolis and being worried. But you know they would do a faithful take. Dealing with massive disasters in some means or other would be more him.

Honestly though, I think a Justice League game is more liable from Rocksteady, giving some level of flexibility between the different leaguers for different situations. The seven of the films plus maybe an extra girl like Black Canary or Zatanna?

Alternatively, since they're doing a Batman game, if Telltale Games could manage a Superman game with a well crafted story and making playing as the bumbling Kent engaging as they likely will with playing as Bruce Wayne, that might well work better. A Telltale game can be more adaptive with Supes abilities without giving the player total freedom and so cheapening the illusion if they can't do everything he should be able to.

All-New Member

Green Arrow would make a good game because he's human like bats and his trick arrows would be fun. But it sucks that he doesn't have a rogues gallery like other characters. After 40 or whatever years you'd think he would have more than Count Vertigo and Merlyn as villains. Wonder why that is?

Fantastic Member

There are several ways to create conflict. You can have the powerful enemies (Metallo, Zod, Mongul, etc.) But also have him needing to save people. You lose when someone dies.

Also you dont need to completely depower him, but he doesnt need the supergod powers. The Justice League TV show had a nice power level.

As for plot, I would say something involving Lex + Braniac involving Kandor and Krypton's Legacy. Culminating in a fight against Luthor in a Kryptonian Power suit.

All-New Member

I agree with brainiac, he's the most likely villain to use against Superman in a game. Having an army of alien AI and what not. Or maybe Zod and a army of kryptonian convicts could escape the phantom zone and attack earth.

I love the idea of them taking an another shot at a DC franchise. Now, Supes? Well, why not? That would ask a completely different gameplay than for the Arkham series of course.

I would LOVE it if Rocksteady made a Superman game. There were certainly an awful lot of Superman Easter eggs in Arkham Knight, so it's rumored that's the next game they're working on.

I wrote a list article for WhatCulture last summer about this very idea: 10 Ways To Make A Superman Video Game That Won't Suck.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I rather have him do Green Arrow or Flash.

I DEFINITELY think they should do such a game! : ) I'd play the h*ll out of it, that's for sure.

Personally, I think the ending should be similar to All-Star Superman, where Supe's actually faces a Luthor that has finally managed to obtain super-powers - it would be pretty epic, imho.

Brainiac, I think, would be better suited for the SECOND game, where the stakes and the fights have to be upped. Look at the Arkham - games: Asylum was more contained and dealt with Joker, while City had a bigger scope and included Batman taking on Ra's Al Ghul instead, as is proper - since he operates on a bigger scale than Joker.

The same could be said for Luthor and Brainiac.

BANNED

I would be much more optimistic about Rocksteady's capacity for making good superhero games before they unleashed Arkham Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    I DEFINITELY think they should do such a game! : ) I'd play the h*ll out of it, that's for sure.

Personally, I think the ending should be similar to All-Star Superman, where Supe's actually faces a Luthor that has finally managed to obtain super-powers - it would be pretty epic, imho.

Brainiac, I think, would be better suited for the SECOND game, where the stakes and the fights have to be upped. Look at the Arkham - games: Asylum was more contained and dealt with Joker, while City had a bigger scope and included Batman taking on Ra's Al Ghul instead, as is proper - since he operates on a bigger scale than Joker.

The same could be said for Luthor and Brainiac.
    I definitely could see that. Brainiac especially has the potential i think to make a great villain. Maybe they could make something "Superman Unbound" inspired.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post

Alternatively, since they're doing a Batman game, if Telltale Games could manage a Superman game with a well crafted story and making playing as the bumbling Kent engaging as they likely will with playing as Bruce Wayne, that might well work better. A Telltale game can be more adaptive with Supes abilities without giving the player total freedom and so cheapening the illusion if they can't do everything he should be able to.
    i don't trust Telltales games unless they finally updated their game Engine, i don't know if im getting that batman game if the game itself will skip every second

A Telltales Superman game would be cool.

How about a Side Scrolling Superman game done in the same fashion as Castlevania : Symphony of the Night or the Newer MegaMan games. Have it take place During Superman 3 and Superman 4 quest for peace. Event have Flight mini games reminiscent to games like Galaga and Lifeforce.