Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathos View Post
    You can only hope that it's the rare cw show that outgrows the painful teen drama clichés and becomes at some point interesting . Kinda like the 100 wich started as a mess , then became quite compelling
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    The latter.
    Well I just caught the last 10 minutes of Arrow and I had to wonder....Why hasn't Oliver slit his throat with one of his own arrows and I pretty much lost hope for any new shows on the channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernedi View Post
    Black Olsen still sucks.

Like Annie the orphan, Archie's red hair is part of his trademark. He is not Archie otherwise!
    If you think of James Olsen as Supergirl's version of Lois Lane and Winn as Jimmy Olsen, they kind of work.

Plus neither of the two Jimmy Olsens on Lois & Clark were redheads. Nor was the Smallville Jimmy Olsen a redhead.

And speaking of Little Orphan Annie, in the 2014 Annie movie, Annie wasn't a redhead in that one either.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I'm curious if the must-be-a-(natural)-redhead crowd have as much a problem with our various movie Batmen, and the general lack of black hair.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    I'm curious if the must-be-a-(natural)-redhead crowd have as much a problem with our various movie Batmen, and the general lack of black hair.
    In the effort of full disclosure I was PO'd that Michelle Pfeiffer didn't dye her hair black to play Catwoman. Considering she did have dark hair in the movie "Married to the Mob."

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

They put a real ginger as the lead and then the show will fail 'cause it will have no soul... producers are just playing safe
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

Spectacular Member

Rachel Lee Cook is the only woman I will ever accept as Josie. As far as I'm concerned CW can hire whoever they want cause I certainly won't be watching this dreck.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by aceallaigh View Post
    I'm sorry, but Archie HAS to be a natural Redhead. It's an important part of who he is. and Josie should be too. Comics are a visual medium. Changes like these to major characters detract from the material.
    once again, gingers are being sidelined in favor of non-ginger actors and some hair dye

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    And speaking of Little Orphan Annie, in the 2014 Annie movie, Annie wasn't a redhead in that one either.
    That's why I never supported the 2014 abomination. I'm against this trend of black-washing established characters.

I could give a pass to Jimmy Olsen, it still pissed me off, since he was a minor character, unlike Annie and Archie who are central protagonists.

The whole discrimination against redheads needs to stop. And I'm sick of those stupid jokes of "they have no souls." They are not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Nobody gave a damn because brunettes and people with black hair comprise 90% of the world's population and we pretty much see them in every movie and TV show. One is so used to seeing them.

Redheads on the other hand are rare and antagonized by pop culture and the mentally regressed online community.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbales View Post
    once again, gingers are being sidelined in favor of non-ginger actors and some hair dye
    Some lazy casting, if you ask me. I feel bad for redhead actors who we usually only see in the background as extras on stuff.

At least the new Jean Grey is an improvement over Famke Janssen, even if she's still not a natural redhead.
    Last edited by Vernedi; 02-25-2016 at 09:32 AM.

Spectacular Member

At least the new Jean Grey is more authentic.
    Sophie Turner is naturally blonde, she dyes her hair red for her role as Sansa Stark on Game of Thrones.

BANNED

Sophie Turner is naturally blonde, she dyes her hair red for her role as Sansa Stark on Game of Thrones.
    She looks more strawberry blonde. And compared to Famke Janssen, she is a vast improvement.

If that's the case, I give you the point and retract my comment about Sophie Turner.

Anyway, how do you feel about the casting of Archie for this CW abomination? I honestly lost all hope since they announced the casting for Jughead and that he would be a "hearthrob," which is out of character.

Spectacular Member

She looks more strawberry blonde. And compared to Famke Janssen, she is a vast improvement.

If that's the case, I give you the point and retract my comment about Sophie Turner.

Anyway, how do you feel about the casting of Archie for this CW abomination? I honestly lost all hope since they announced the casting for Jughead and that he would be a "hearthrob," which is out of character.
    bummed they didn't get a redhead, i'm sure they won't add freckles with make-up

but on a positive note, it's an 18 year old actor playing a 16 year old character instead of the usual 26-28 year old playing a teen

BANNED

bummed they didn't get a redhead, i'm sure they won't add freckles with make-up

but on a positive note, it's an 18 year old actor playing a 16 year old character instead of the usual 26-28 year old playing a teen
    Still not a saving grace. Even worse, being on the CW will make it unrecognizable from the comics.

I'm also bummed at not having a redhead. I love redheads, personally.

I'm currently reading the "New Riverdale" reboots for Archie and Jughead and feel disappointed they didn't aim for something closer to that.

...umm, they just cast a redhead for Cheryl Blossom.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KidGetNice View Post
    Rachel Lee Cook is the only woman I will ever accept as Josie. As far as I'm concerned CW can hire whoever they want cause I certainly won't be watching this dreck.
    Rachel Lee Cook is 36 now. Having her date among the Archie gang would be a bit odd.

And Mehcad Brooks is awesome as Jimmy Olsen. One of the best things about that show.

That's why I never supported the 2014 abomination. I'm against this trend of black-washing established characters.

I could give a pass to Jimmy Olsen, it still pissed me off, since he was a minor character, unlike Annie and Archie who are central protagonists.

The whole discrimination against redheads needs to stop. And I'm sick of those stupid jokes of "they have no souls." They are not funny.

Nobody gave a damn because brunettes and people with black hair comprise 90% of the world's population and we pretty much see them in every movie and TV show. One is so used to seeing them.

Redheads on the other hand are rare and antagonized by pop culture and the mentally regressed online community.

Some lazy casting, if you ask me. I feel bad for redhead actors who we usually only see in the background as extras on stuff.

At least the new Jean Grey is an improvement over Famke Janssen, even if she's still not a natural redhead.

There are many brunette actresses who dyed their hair red, and many dark-haired heroines from books who end up red-haired or reddish-haired on screen. Your complaint applies much more to red-haired men than women.

I agree that this actor doesn't look enough like Archie.