Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Riverdale" Casts its Archie and Josie

Two main roles for The CW's Archie Comics-based "Riverdale" pilot have been cast: KJ Apa will play Archie, and Ashleigh Murray will play Josie.

Full article here.

If Josie is played by an African American, what happens to Valerie? Anyway don't like the snooty part of Josie but whatever.

Fantastic Member

They might make Val white or Asian or Latino.

Otherwise two African American main-ish characters on a new Abc/ABC Family show is non-existent I assume.

I'm sorry, but Archie HAS to be a natural Redhead. It's an important part of who he is. and Josie should be too. Comics are a visual medium. Changes like these to major characters detract from the material.

Spectacular Member

No gingers allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by aceallaigh View Post
    I'm sorry, but Archie HAS to be a natural Redhead. It's an important part of who he is. and Josie should be too. Comics are a visual medium. Changes like these to major characters detract from the material.
    Didn't really do damage to James Bond. It's a TV show based on a comic, they can change whatever.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    If Josie is played by an African American, what happens to Valerie? Anyway don't like the snooty part of Josie but whatever.
    They have two black people? It's not like crossing the streams. You can do that.

It's tv. Nobody has to be a "natural" anything.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

So is this going to be a FUN show like the old comics or just another Teen Show laying the Melodrama on thicker then Mayonnaise like all of the rests of its Tween Centric Show?

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    They have two black people? It's not like crossing the streams. You can do that.
    lol yeah I know. Was just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by d.w washburn View Post
    So is this going to be a FUN show like the old comics or just another Teen Show laying the Melodrama on thicker then Mayonnaise like all of the rests of its Tween Centric Show?
    The latter.

Quote Originally Posted by d.w washburn View Post
    You can only hope that it's the rare cw show that outgrows the painful teen drama clichés and becomes at some point interesting . Kinda like the 100 wich started as a mess , then became quite compelling

BANNED

He's too pretty to play Archie. It doesn't have to be a natural redhead but let's get a slightly more awkward kid in there.

BANNED

Agreed! I'm sick and tired of comic book characters who are gingers/redheads in the source material being brunettes in the live action adaptation, or in the case of Jimmy Olsen and Wally West, turned African-American.

I hate people who discriminate redheads.

Archie has to be a redhead! At this point, I'm like F*** THIS SHIT! At least now I know for sure I won't be watching this CW garbage show.

LOL, here we go again. Just like all the complaints when James Olsen was made into an African-American with a shaved head and built like an NFL middle linebacker.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    LOL, here we go again. Just like all the complaints when James Olsen was made into an African-American with a shaved head and built like an NFL middle linebacker.
    Black Olsen still sucks.

Like Annie the orphan, Archie's red hair is part of his trademark. He is not Archie otherwise!