Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Goku is a universal threat now? Since when and how? What are his greatest feats?

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    This is the Goku that is mod ruled to be involved in universe level shenanigans, yes?
    Still trying to figure it out honestly. The Gold Frieza fight throws a giant monkey wrench in the feat.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Still trying to figure it out honestly. The Gold Frieza fight throws a giant monkey wrench in the feat.
    Honestly, it's hardly the first time DBZ fighters do their thing without blowing up the city/country/planet/etc.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Honestly, it's hardly the first time DBZ fighters do their thing without blowing up the city/country/planet/etc.
    From what I understand it's not so much Goku's issue, it's that Frieza is his contemporary and has no such self-limitations.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    From what I understand it's not so much Goku's issue, it's that Frieza is his contemporary and has no such self-limitations.
    He totally does. Keep in mind this is the guy who at the beginning of the arc was finally confirmed as a planet buster as early as his first form. Throughout the entire Namek Saga, the guy does not destroy anything larger than a really small island until he hits Final Form. Even in Super, he doesn't destroy anything larger than maybe a mountain until he's already beaten out of his shiny mode and losing power, at which points he blows up the planet casually.

Champa and Beerus? Those guys have explicitly said they don't care what happens to the universes. Meanwhile, Frieza's style has always been about focused, controlled displays of power as opposed to destruction for the hell of it.

Ironically, the villain is more responsible with his power than the super cats
    Last edited by Hazard; 02-25-2016 at 07:03 PM.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Goku is a universal threat now? Since when and how? What are his greatest feats?
    it's been a mess trying figure that one out.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Also, the Sorbet fight just shows that the guy who hangs around Golden Frieza has a weapon that can lethally harm Golden Frieza level opponents who have their guard down after a major fight, and even that is kind of a SMvFL feat since Goku's ki/radar senses and massive speed advantage should have let him realize Soebet was about to try and kill him.

That doesn't give Clark's heat vision or Yellow Power Ring the feats needed to harm a full power Goku who has come to fight.

That's because the super cats are jerks.

He totally does. Keep in mind this is the guy who at the beginning of the arc was finally confirmed as a planet buster as early as his first form. Throughout the entire Namek Saga, the guy does not destroy anything larger than a really small island until he hits Final Form. Even in Super, he doesn't destroy anything larger than maybe a mountain until he's already beaten out of his shiny mode and losing power, at which points he blows up the planet casually.

Champa and Beerus? Those guys have explicitly said they don't care what happens to the universes. Meanwhile, Frieza's style has always been about focused, controlled displays of power as opposed to destruction for the hell of it.
    Which doesn't much change the fact that they were operating at the same level Goku and Beerus got into shenanigans.

So, while I acknowledge whatever mod-ruling is still in effect; I still stand by my previous comments about the feat not being particularly usable for anything until there's enough supporting evidence to back it up.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    If the current Superman had his powers back and multiplied tenfold, with a White Lantern ring on every finger, maybe Goku would dimly perceive that the thin red mist clinging to him after flying at top speed through the spot a Kryptonian once occupied had been a solid mass before he passed through it too fast to even perceive anything was there.
    Not really I don't think. White Lanterns (at least Kyle) are reality warpers. And Superman with his Power multiplied tenfold in addition to one ring capable of standing up to BLACKHOLES (10x DA POWER) would surely tank, or at least survive long enough to use his power.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Ironically, the villain is more responsible with his power than the super cats
    Freiza also has that whole thing of subconsciously holding back for a slower destruction of Names so he could actually beat Goku, didn't he?

Plus not wanting to destroy the universe because he wants to rule it. It actually makes sense that he'd avoid the massive destructive effects.

Jesus, since when do I argue for DBZ characters.

Beerus and Chompa fought and both of their universes were in danger of being destroyed.

As for the fight, unless Supes has some serious durability feats idk about (like a galaxy exploding in his face or something) he's turned into a red smear instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid-who-cried-wolf View Post
    Not really I don't think. White Lanterns (at least Kyle) are reality warpers. And Superman with his Power multiplied tenfold in addition to one ring capable of standing up to BLACKHOLES (10x DA POWER) would surely tank, or at least survive long enough to use his power.
    Gokus Ki output would still likely go through his durability just fine really. I mean the beam struggle between him and Beerus was threatening the universe(according to the Kais, Beerus, Whis, the narrator, and the light it gave off spreading out far enough to be seen in the kaioshin realm anyway), so it isn't something that Supes would walk away from so easily I imagine. And no matter how one feels on the strength feat in question, it is still above anything NU Superman has done. I mean a galaxy shook, planets were destroyed(and some were vaped some how), and the universe itself shook in the manga. I mean it's weird; but him even harming Beerus at all with his strikes, let alone somewhat match his (admittedly held back) strength during their fist bump(this is a cat who shattered half a planet with a casual claw tap on a table he was sitting at)is a feat within itself. One that would also allow him to inflict some serious damage to said Supes as well I'd imagine.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Not really. Goku was explicitly trying his hardest to nullify destructive output from the BEGINNING of the Beerus fight (which was explained in that he finally figured it out by the third hit, and could partially explain why the effects were so wonky in the first place). Now, anything from that point on can basically be hand waved as "Goku/Vegeta are nullifying the collateral damage of whoever they fight." It's an obvious handwave in that either person fighting can nullify the effects if they so wish, but that was established in text in the anime.

Also, Goku and Vegeta were explicitly trained by Whis to focus and not bleed out energy even MORE as part of their training.

Beerus and Champa starting to destroy dual universes as a side effect of them fighting happened after that as well, so there is support.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    With DBZ's focus on stronger always coming out on top, I have to admit that I smiled a little bit when de-powered Frieza foiled Super Cyan Vegeta by blowing up the planet from right under his feet. Your universal power is nothing if you don't get the job done, PRINCE OF NOTHING!