Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I just hope they don't have Superman wearing his underwear on the outside again.

Seriously; the Kryptonian armor, and how he changed into it via the "S" emblem covering his body with it(iirc). Was pretty unique and convenient for Supes. And extra armor couldn't hurt when under the red sun, thus making it a smart choice for a costume too .
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Eh. Trunks on the outside is a small price to pay if he stops being written as Superdudebro this time.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

OT, but I just realized that Dragon Ball Supers is the canon version of Dragon Ball Multiverse.

I keep reading about how Beerus and the others fighting was damaging universes.

Could someone point me to a clip, or explain to me how? Did it show galaxies in the universe starting to get destroyed by the power of their punches? Did it show the universe starting to shake or something?

I am genuinely curious, because this seems hugely un-characteristic for Toriyama,who, while showing off certain levels of collateral damage, never showed something along even planet-damaging levels as a side effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post

Could someone point me to a clip, or explain to me how? Did it show galaxies in the universe starting to get destroyed by the power of their punches? Did it show the universe starting to shake or something?

I am genuinely curious, because this seems hugely un-characteristic for Toriyama,who, while showing off certain levels of collateral damage, never showed something along even planet-damaging levels as a side effect.
    People decided that statements and implied-but-not-showns count, is basically what it comes down to.

But it's mod ruled or whatever so whatever.

Also, Superdudebro is everyone's spirit animal. If you don't agree, you're a witch.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post

Long story short, Goku and Beerus fight. Eventually they start punching each other so hard their clashes create big ass shockwaves that travel arond the universe (even the afterlife) growing stronger as they go along. Old Kai says they are going to cause the unviverse to crumble in a few more clashes. Goku stops the last clash from happening by learning how to match Beerus' exact strength and negating the force.

Beerus then powers up and his and Goku's combined power create a super high density energy sphere of death which Beerus then negates because apparently he wasn't using anywhere near his full power all along. Then Goku goes on to match that.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

So basically what I just said.

Neat.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    People decided that statements and implied-but-not-showns count, is basically what it comes down to.

But it's mod ruled or whatever so whatever.

Also, Superdudebro is everyone's spirit animal. If you don't agree, you're a witch.
    It was narrator statements combined with knowledgeable character statements, combined with shown effects and implication of said effects, which is a standard used for anything around here since it's three levels of agreement on a feat.

And the wonkiness (causing more destruction as it spread) was explained in-show after the fact by Goku attempting to negate the effects the entire time, and Beerus having the ability to do so completely, if he actually wanted to.

So basically what I just said.

Neat.
    Dude, if you have a problem with the ruling, you know the drill is to take it to pm instead of this whole thing.

It's a weird day when I'm noting a dbz related thing should get better treatment, but there we are.

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    It was narrator statements combined with knowledgeable character statements, combined with shown effects and implication of said effects, which is a standard used for anything around here since it's three levels of agreement on a feat.

And the wonkiness (causing more destruction as it spread) was explained in-show after the fact by Goku attempting to negate the effects the entire time, and Beerus having the ability to do so completely, if he actually wanted to.
    Problem with that is, these "informed characters" were wrong. Every "informed character" who said the shock waves would destroy the universe was simply and factually wrong, because there were three waves, and the universe was still there. It passed over Goku and Bills, who according to "informed characters" would be killed, and they weren't even hurt. Honestly if Rumbles counts this feat as viable now, the standards here have severely dropped in my absence.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Problem with that is, these "informed characters" were wrong. Every "informed character" who said the shock waves would destroy the universe was simply and factually wrong, because there were three waves, and the universe was still there. It passed over Goku and Bills, who according to "informed characters" would be killed, and they weren't even hurt. Honestly if Rumbles counts this feat as viable now, the standards here have severely dropped in my absence.
    Eh, dude, the third clash wasn't over. It's outright stated. That's why the unviverse was still there. We went over this the last time you brought that up. You were demonstratively wrong then and you are demonstratively wrong now.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Eh, dude, the third clash wasn't over. It's outright stated. That's why the unviverse was still there. We went over this the last time you brought that up. You were demonstratively wrong then and you are demonstratively wrong now.
    No, I'm right. The waves gain power as they travel, but seeing as how it destroyed literally nothing at it's point of origin, how can it have the power "informed characters" attributed to it? And considering there wasn't even a shock wave when Goku and Bills punched each other in the fist after Goku lost the god form, it's clear what was causing it in the first place, the interaction of god ki. Goku still had the power to harm Bills, and you could see them visually struggling with the collision so Goku wasn't cancelling the force like he had before, yet there was no wave. So even if (and that's a gigantic, gaping if) the feat is viable, it's only something that happens when two beings with god ki fight, it wouldn't happen when Goku fights just anyone.

snip.
    Please refer to the thread that got closed the last time we discussed this for all my answers to your questions complete with actual screen caps proving you wrong.

'cause really, there is no point having the same argument again.

I mean, if you had an argument that's one thing, that's one thing. However, you are factually wrong in how you go about it, so yeah...

Except you never proved me wrong. The main problem with the feat is, it was all tell, and no show. And since when does Rumbles accept statements as evidence? Since when did a feat that never actually happened become acceptable? You can't prove me wrong because there is no proof, because despite all the hype and characters talking, nothing ever came of it.

Except you never proved me wrong. The main problem with the feat is, it was all tell, and no show. And since when does Rumbles accept statements as evidence? Since when did a feat that never actually happened become acceptable? You can't prove me wrong because there is no proof, because despite all the hype and characters talking, nothing ever came of it.
    First of all, congratulations on changing your argument to something more palatable. Seriously, the other thing was just a mess.

Now, I can actually sympathize with this and I understand why some people have some trouble with the feat for said reasons.

Already mod ruled though.