Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Rogue should have said "I'll do that later, right now let's hug it out and deal with the Celestial first!".

False. willingly did exactly what the Twins want. Turns out not many characters, like Wanda, have basic critical and deductive thinking skills and only act purely on emotions or selfish self-hating desires.

Apoc Twins want all Mutants off Earth to build a new society on a new Planet that only have Mutants on it.
    Apoc Twins wont let Earth be destroyed if Mutants are still on it.
    Apoc Twins want Wanda to take all Mutants off Earth so they can watch it go boom.
    If Wanda doesn't take all Mutants off Earth then Apoc Twins cannot let Earth be destroyed as that would mean they've failed their original goal.

Wanda should have figured out that she was being manipulated like a pawn in their game and should have realized that the Apoc Twins needed her because they couldn't complete their other goals as a long as Wanda doesn't give them all the Mutants. Instead Wanda does exactly what they wanted, and even prepared for it, as they knew she lacks the ability to see through obvious plots or when she's being used as someone's pawn of destruction.

Thus if Wanda used some basic critical and deductive thinking skills and didn't do her horribly thought out plan than the Apoc Twins would have had no choice but to use the stolen weapon to slay the Celestial themselves and try again another day to get all Mutants off Earth without relying on Wanda to do exactly what they want for them.

Not to mention that Wanda pretty much kidnapped all Mutants against their will and without their consent, including children and babies.
    I don't think the twins can stop Exitar. If Wanda doesn't teleport all the mutants, they will just travel back in time once again and try a different approach, but this timeline's Earth will be screwed anyway.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I don't think the twins can stop Exitar. If Wanda doesn't teleport all the mutants, they will just travel back in time once again and try a different approach, but this timeline's Earth will be screwed anyway.
    They had the weapon on hand that could kill him. Instead of destroying it or sealing it off into a pocket universe, so Thor and co. could never get it, they kept it within arms reach in case it was needed. Though really, they gave Wanda too much credit on the belief that "maybe" Wanda has a brain and wouldn't play ball.

Astonishing Member

They had the weapon on hand that could kill him. Instead of destroying it or sealing it off into a pocket universe, so Thor and co. could never get it, they kept it within arms reach in case it was needed. Though really, they gave Wanda too much credit on the belief that "maybe" Wanda has a brain and wouldn't play ball.
    except... killing exitar just means the celestials send the sledgehammer instead of the scalpel (comparatively speaking). not even the twins and wanda at her strongest could throw back an entire Host before it destroyed everything.

the twins plans were stupid in areas not involving wanda

Not all Celestials are equal; they come in several tiers/sizes. The Celestial Gardener they killed was building-sized. Exitar is planet-sized.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

So did anybody read this?
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Yeah and I think it will be my last issue.
    Seriously, Rogue, however amped up she might be, slows down a Celestial?
    One of the mightiest of them all?
    Together with Sentry?
    And Thor slays it?

Remember, these are the beings that treated Odin in his Destroyer armor, amped up by the souls of every last Asgardian, like a mild joke.
    Sorry Rememder, you just don't know how to write something epic.
    You just know how to fail epically.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Together with Sentry?
    And Thor slays it?

Remember, these are the beings that treated Odin in his Destroyer armor, amped up by the souls of every last Asgardian, like a mild joke.
    The fact anyone slayed a celestial in the first place while KING DADDY Franklin had to bust his butt to do it in FF is just crazy.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    The fact anyone slayed a celestial in the first place while KING DADDY Franklin had to bust his butt to do it in FF is just crazy.
    Somewhere, Jonathan Hickman is grinding his teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Together with Sentry?
    And Thor slays it?

He does know how to make epic stories, what he doesn't know is how to research any character's history, or any story, just look at what Havok says to Scott in UA 1, that he somehow looked for the Phoenix, that he had any active part in becoming the Phoenix, if he can't keep up with stories that happened no more than a few months before how can anyone expect him to respect any story

All-New Member

I liked UA to start with but once it became apparent (which was fairly quickly) that this latest story was going towards dark future that would be reversed, I lost interest very quickly, and this issue didn't do anything for me, which is a shame as I love Havok, Wolverine, Rogue (those 3 making up almost half of the Outback X-Men) and Thor

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by antiochene View Post
    Somewhere, Jonathan Hickman is grinding his teeth.
    Jack Kirby's ghost is angrier. To be fair it's via a deus ex machina weapon like Sue Storm's hyperspace energy in the old FF #400. Also the Celestials Franklin and Galactus fought were bigger threats.

This issue felt so rushed, so many stuff happens and its hard to absorb the things that are happening.

All-New Member

This has been going on too long. Way too long.

BANNED

I've been travelling on this road too long.
    Just tryin' to find my way back home
    But the old me's dead and gone
    Dead and gone

This issue was epic on so many levels, converging plots that were set up many issues back. Everything from Rogue's anger towards Wanda to Thor's bar fight with Apocalypse came into play. It's something I've noticed in Remender's other books, namely Uncanny X-Force. He creates all these varying plots, develops them in spurts, and then brings them all together in a meaningful way. This issue was that point of convergence that has been building for a while now and I think it was definitely worth the wait.

It was nice seeing Rogue, Wanda, and Simon alive again. Hopefully, it sticks. It was also nice seeing Rogue take on all that power and become the heavy hitter she has been plenty of times before. I hope more comes of this when all is said and done. I also hope that Wanda attempts to reach out to the X-men a bit more, but that might be asking for too much.

As much as I enjoyed this, I agree with some that this issue felt a little rushed. Plus, the whole revelation at the end at how everything was orchastrated by Kang felt a bit contrived, as though it cheapens all the struggles that led up to it. At the same time, it answers a big question regarding why he took the Apocalypse Twins in the first place. It certainly worked out for him in the end. Not sure how he'll handle Celestial power, but I'm definitely on board with this story. I was among those that was skeptical about Uncanny Avengers when it began. I can now say that this series has delivered and this issue is proof of that. I did a full review of it on my blog. If it's okay with the mods, here's a link:

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.