Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Rihanna has more US Billboard #1s than Michael Jackson

Rihanna's first single "Work" (featuring Drake) from her latest album called "Anti" (album released on January 28, 2016) has just topped the US Billboard charts making it her 14th #1 single, just enough to beat Michael Jackson's record of 13 #1s.

Rihanna still has two more musicians to beat as Mariah Carey has a total of 18 #1 singles and The Beatles with 20 #1 singles.

Considering Rihanna's age (Bdate: 02/20/1988) and popularity, it is very much possible that she can beat Mariah Carey and The Beatles with most #1s in the future. Who would have thought that a certain girl from Barbados would someday become one of the most popular musicians in the whole wide world.

Here's the top 10 musicians with the most #1 singles in the US Billboard charts.

The Beatles = 20

Mariah Carey = 18

Rihanna = 14

Michael Jackson = 13

Madonna = 12

The Supremes = 12

Whitney Houston = 11

Janet Jackson = 10

Stevie Wonder = 10

The US does not equal the world, you know.

More on-topic, I can't seem to care for her music at all, but good for her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
    The US does not equal the world, you know.

More on-topic, I can't seem to care for her music at all, but good for her.
    Good for her indeed because not only that, Rihanna's the only current female singer who is joining the ranks of Celine, Madonna, Mariah and Whitney whom all have sold an estimated worldwide sales of more than 200 million units (albums and singles sales combined)

Taylor Swift is the closest female singer who could reach more than 200 million units too. She currently has more than 170 million units sold.

BANNED

Is there any kind of point attached to this earth-shattering bit of trivia?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Just letting everybody know how far Rihanna has reached.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Just letting everybody know how far Rihanna has reached.
    Pfft! Thirty years from now, people will STILL be talking about the importance of The Beatles to music while Rihanna won't even qualify as an afterthought. In other words, not impressed.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

I think Stevie Wonder is the most talented musician on that list. Shame he ran out of ideas in the late 70s.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Good for her indeed because not only that, Rihanna's the only current female singer who is joining the ranks of Celine, Madonna, Mariah and Whitney whom all have sold an estimated worldwide sales of more than 200 million units (albums and singles sales combined)

Taylor Swift is the closest female singer who could reach more than 200 million units too. She currently has more than 170 million units sold.
    Is Units sold even useful in light of rampant piracy? Who here has all their music legally? Or doesnt just stream it on Pandora, SoundCloud, Spotify, etc?

Congrats to RiRi...sure the US aint the world but our biggest export is culture ie Movies, TV, Music, Entertainment in general.

BANNED

The "Billboard charts" is done by a weekly basis. That just means this week, or this month. It does not mean people ( like physical in the real flesh ) are buying her music in high numbers.

Also in no way you could comprehend the sheer magnitude of Michael Jackson's works. Because the value of a dollar is less then a quarter right now, unless that changed recently. Also the population increased as well. So you would have to calculate the census, purchases, population, and value of money from then and now.

I doubt sports fans are listening to her music for it's awesomeness and rather it's popularity. Like those clubs were all the men are bald and all the ladies hair is super straight, and flimsy. In fact I think the way it works now, is that girls in general listen to the music and then the boys follows.
    Last edited by DanArt; 02-25-2016 at 05:20 AM.

BANNED

Well yeah isnt Thriller the most Influential Album of all time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I think those kinds of milestones are kind of cool. Plus, Rihanna is one of those rare artist whom parents and children can often agree on - much like comic books.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

DanArt has it:

The "Billboard charts" is done by a weekly basis. That just means this week, or this month. It does not mean people ( like physical in the real flesh ) are buying her music in high numbers.
    Yup. Call me when she makes something like this chart.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    I think Stevie Wonder is the most talented musician on that list. Shame he ran out of ideas in the late 80's.
    Fixed.

By the by, that would be like saying Thomas Jefferson ran out of ideas.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Seriously, based on her first few singles, I would have never expected to see her blow up as much as she has.
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.