Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

If he ever loses the Jeans + T-shirt in the wash I guess Superman could always try stealing Hal Jordan's jacket.

These aren't my ideal redesign of Superman but I feel that with the removal or "de-emphasizing" of the lines/piping on these and they would be decent enough takes + color most of the gold red on the second

Ah, this topic is near and dear to me. Put me in the camp that believes Superman survives to this day for being just as dynamic as he is static. And part of that dynamic nature is that his visuals can and should gradually change with the times.

Also, this kind of thing is exactly what deviantart is made for.

Let's start small.

Man of Steel 2.0 by Le-Arc-7thHeaven

This is a pretty good mash-up of the MAN OF STEEL costume and the New52 design.

Moving on ...

Superman Redesigned by mistermoster

Really like the alien-esque symmetry going on here with the boots and the guantlets.

And then ...

Superman-redesign 4 by Lpsalsaman

Matching gloves and boots, like the cape top, but not the shortness of it.

The 50's era design DoT posted on the last page, where "Clark" looks like Peter Parker and "Kal-El" looks like something from Aliens, is a good re-design. I like the retro look of it.

The second image DaBronzeBomma posted is pretty good too. I also like the symmetry between boots and sleeves. Im always cautious of any red on the arms though, the color balance on the costume is a knife's edge of near-perfection and I dont like seeing it messed with, but that design pulls it off pretty well. Also like that there are no gloves there; Superman should not wear a mask or gloves; the openness of the design is one of those things that I think is critical to a successful design.

And I could totally see an older Superman wearing that flight jacket design Hilden B Lade posted at the top of the page. Not something I'd want to see long-term, but I can see Clark (especially the current Clark who started with the t-shirt and jeans) going back to that sort of look in his later years.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    These are two good redesign I found via google search:

Quote Originally Posted by Styder24 View Post
    Wow! These two were actually really good! =) Quite possibly the best two ones I have ever seen, actually.

Makes me want to take a crack at ol' Supes again myself actually!

One of the things I notice btw, is that not every deign seems to take into account that Superman's outfit doesn't just need that balance of colour, but also the balance of shape - there needs to be the right amount of sharp and smooth lines on it - otherwise it doesn't feel right, imho.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

These are the best redesigns I've seen yet!!!! I like the cape to go just above the boots but otherwise these all look cool. The 2nd one is my least favorite of the group only because i think the designs on the boots will look dated over time, otherwise their really great!

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Ah, this topic is near and dear to me. Put me in the camp that believes Superman survives to this day for being just as dynamic as he is static. And part of that dynamic nature is that his visuals can and should gradually change with the times.

Also, this kind of thing is exactly what deviantart is made for.

Let's start small.

Man of Steel 2.0 by Le-Arc-7thHeaven

This is a pretty good mash-up of the MAN OF STEEL costume and the New52 design.

Moving on ...

Superman Redesigned by mistermoster

Really like the alien-esque symmetry going on here with the boots and the guantlets.

And then ...
    These are the best redesigns I've seen yet!!! I like the cape to go just

Superman-redesign 4 by Lpsalsaman

Matching gloves and boots, like the cape top, but not the shortness of it.