Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Well Americans do like British Accents that helps I am sure plus u guys have better acting training then we do in America especially for the guys. Part of that might be cultural.

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    My Lord, is the debate about Heimdall being played by Idris Elba still going on?

My only quarrel with that casting is that so far the character is a bit of a waste of time in the movies and far beneath Elba's talents

So far as fidelity to the original myths are concerned, from my recollection of the early days of Kirby/Lee Thor Odin was portrayed as having two eyes, which is a rather more significant form of inaccuracy to the myth than the colour of Heimdall's skin. I also found it mystifying that Thor and the rest of the inhabitants of Asgard would speak in pidgin medieval-English.

Neither MCU Thor or Marvel comic Thor bear that much relation to the works of Snorri Sturlison, and therefore it's difficult to mount anything more than bemused indifference to the persistence of this strange complaint.
    This 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I agree that Finn failed to make an impression in Game of Thrones, however they must have cast him for some reason. They took their time and must have seen many people, so I've got to believe he was the most viable candidate.

Of course, I guess it's possible they cast him because teenage girls think he's pretty.
    Now come on be fair this aint CW.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    That's a Mighty Whitey to a T, and it's a tired, largely racist trope. The Last Samurai is what people want to avoid.
    That's the story of Iron Fist. If you don't like it, don't watch it.
    TeekVids <-- Check out the news every Sunday

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Will people please stop assuming I have never read comics.

My point is more look at his S2 costume...
    Sorry, I have not looked at anything related to season 2 of Daredevil, and refuse to do so until it premiers.

I pretty much apply the same policy to all movies and tv series that interest me.

Black works very well for Daredevil though, not just as a costume palette, but overal for the series, but I suspect they will go for a different, more colourful tone for Iron Fist.
    Last edited by Carabas; 02-25-2016 at 04:05 PM.

I disagree with this being similar to Charlie Cox being an unknown.

He had a very acclaimed role on Boardwalk Empire before Daredevil, just maybe not known to comic fans. That said I'm still fine with this, just definitely more unproven.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    That's a Mighty Whitey to a T, and it's a tired, largely racist trope. The Last Samurai is what people want to avoid.
    At this point some people will find it wherever they want to . We know that some others , or some ofn the same complaining here would find racist that the asian kid is obviously the default kung fu hero wich is a rather equal trope .

A native american could be cast , they'd be complain about not respecting and succumbing to PC pressure .

Anyway the current casting make sense to me , if they care to respect some of the mythos , instead of playing politics . Which they seem to do fine with the netflix shows thus far

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    I disagree with this being similar to Charlie Cox being an unknown.

He had a very acclaimed role on Boardwalk Empire before Daredevil, just maybe not known to comic fans. That said I'm still fine with this, just definitely more unproven.
    Cox starred in Stardust, adapted from the Vertigo series by Neil Gaiman abd Charles Vess. Comics fans should know him.

Extraordinary Member

Quake counts now I guess but you also gotta note no one considers AoS as anywhere near as good as Netflix Shows.
    Here is the latest RT ratings.
    Latest audience ratings and average rating scores are inside too.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Rotten Tomatoes
    Rating: 93%
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/mar...-s-h-i-e-l-d-/

Marvel's Jessica Jones - Rotten Tomatoes
    Rating: 93%
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/jessica-jones/
    Last edited by mace11; 02-25-2016 at 04:15 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Sorry, I have not looked at anything related to season 2 of Daredevil, and refuse to do so until it premiers.

I pretty much apply the same policy to all movies and tv series that interest me.

Black works very well for Daredevil though, not just as a costume palette, but overal for the series, but I suspect they will go for a different, more colourful tone for Iron Fist.
    Ah that is cool I guess.

Also dont forget the bad guys are probably going to be the Hand for Defenders so it be nice to have an Asian Hero to balance out all the Asian Villains we are going to get.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

None of us saw this guy audition or screen test. Perhaps he did a great performance and had great chemistry with Mike Colter/Simone Missick

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I'm probably one of the ten people in the world who hasn't seen Game of Thrones yet - very slowly reading the books instead - but this guys sounds like he has good promise. Now we just need Misty Knight included so we get another of my fav Marvel romances.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post

Also dont forget the bad guys are probably going to be the Hand for Defenders so it be nice to have an Asian Hero to balance out all the Asian Villains we are going to get.
    I would expect it more likely that the Hood will be the villain for Defenders, but the Hand could always appear too. As for an Asian Hero I feel like it would make sense for Shang Chi to appear in Iron Fist somewhere as a major player.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    None of us saw this guy audition or screen test. Perhaps he did a great performance and had great chemistry with Mike Colter/Simone Missick
    Sure but pretty much all of us saw game of thrones...and I dont think any of us would rate him top 10 even if u limited it to actors under 30.

Again Main Hero =/= Supporting Character or Hero.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

I wouldn't have minded an Asian, or Hispanic, but I don't mind because him being a rich white guy, and Luke being black from the hood, is a big point of their friendship.

I wonder....isn't Finn Jones gay? Hmm....we may still see a different Danny Rand, yet lol.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I certainly think they could use secret agents Shang Chi or Jimmy Woo in Iron Fist if they want. Perhaps Collen Wang. Shang Chi or Jimmy Woo are after Madame Gao and her Steel Serpent heroin.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

I don't think it's fair to base his acting ability by his minor role on a show that relegated the little complexity his character had in favour of making him a dumb gay slut stereotype. Not to mention scenes where he actually did get scenes to do were all cut out and left as deleted scenes.