Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    I wouldn't have minded an Asian, or Hispanic, but I don't mind because him being a rich white guy, and Luke being black from the hood, is a big point of their friendship.

I wonder....isn't Finn Jones gay? Hmm....we may still see a different Danny Rand, yet lol.
    The guy playing Flash in the movies is gay, doesn't mean the character will be. Anyway we should hopefully have another well crafted interracial relationship on screen with Danny and Misty Knight.

BANNED

Fine what would u like people to rate him on?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Will people please stop assuming I have never read comics.

My point is more look at his S2 costume, it has quite a bit more Black then his comic costume and that is because his bright red costume like at the end of S1 pretty close to his standard comic costume it doesnt work nearly as well in Live Action TV especially when you have good lighting. However, his all black costume looked pretty darn good. So my point is expect lessons learned from Daredevil to be applied here in costumes.

Jessica and Luke can wear whatever they want because they are just going to be rocking normal clothes.
    The recent trailer that debuted today has revealed Daredevil will once again have two different suits in Season 2.

I just noticed the second suit, worn when Daredevil is helping Elektra fight the Hand, is more red and has very few black accents. The change is most noticeable in the headpiece, which now has red lenses.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    The guy playing Flash in the movies is gay, doesn't mean the character will be. Anyway we should hopefully have another well crafted interracial relationship on screen with Danny and Misty Knight.
    Or Danny and Collen Wing, like in Ultimate Marvel.
    Last edited by Vernedi; 02-25-2016 at 04:42 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I certainly think they could use secret agents Shang Chi or Jimmy Woo in Iron Fist if they want. Perhaps Collen Wang. Shang Chi or Jimmy Woo are after Madame Gao and her Steel Serpent heroin.
    That would be cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I'm probably one of the ten people in the world who hasn't seen Game of Thrones yet - very slowly reading the books instead - but this guys sounds like he has good promise. Now we just need Misty Knight included so we get another of my fav Marvel romances.
    Ha, I count myself among that esteemed group as well, bro. I've never seen an episode of GoT of thrones before so I've no clue who this guy is. I'm not too sure what to expect, but I'm hoping it will be good.

As for an Asian-American not being cast, I'm alright with that. We've read before how Asian-Americans auditioned and, if Finn did better, that's enough for me. I'm more concerned about the backlash from others and how they won't give the series a chance. Moreover, I'm concerned about how some might label me an "Uncle Chan" for wanting to watch the series (indeed, as Netflix is finally available in Hong Kong, I may be tempted to order an account for this).

To those, all I can say is that this isn't the end of the discussion. Alright, no Asian-American actor for Danny. That isn't a setback because it got people talking, and hopefully learning, A LOT about the lack of minority representation in Hollywood. That means we move on and call for Asian/Asian-American characters like Amadeus Cho, Shang-Chi, Nico Minoru, or (the guy who would be PERFECT for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) Jimmy Woo to make appearances. That means we can champion an Asian/Asian-American character in the new "Power Man and Iron Fist" comic book series who could perhaps be the new Iron Fist (with Danny as his or her mentor) or perhaps serve as Iron Fist along with Danny.

I look forward to Finn Jones doing a hell of a job with one of my favorite characters. I also look forward to seeing more Asian-Americans take roles in Hollywood.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

I think this comment is my absolute favourite thing to come out of this obnoxious race debate.

"I can already hear cries of "racism" on this one, and while I'm not one to shy away from that debate, Iron Fist's race was always part of his identity. He's the orphaned white boy saved by Asian philosophy, taught by master Lei Kung, and as such represents a bridge between the two cultures. It's a very rare case that I'd say casting a white person is largely appropriate. It's just a shame that so many other heroes all started out as white that the Marvel universe feels kinda vanilla, if you get my meaning. But if you're gonna mix it up with the ethnicity, Iron Fist may not be the place to start."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Ha, I count myself among that esteemed group as well, bro. I've never seen an episode of GoT of thrones before so I've no clue who this guy is. I'm not too sure what to expect, but I'm hoping it will be good.

As for an Asian-American not being cast, I'm alright with that. We've read before how Asian-Americans auditioned and, if Finn did better, that's enough for me. I'm more concerned about the backlash from others and how they won't give the series a chance. Moreover, I'm concerned about how some might label me an "Uncle Chan" for wanting to watch the series (indeed, as Netflix is finally available in Hong Kong, I may be tempted to order an account for this).

To those, all I can say is that this isn't the end of the discussion. Alright, no Asian-American actor for Danny. That isn't a setback because it got people talking, and hopefully learning, A LOT about the lack of minority representation in Hollywood. That means we move on and call for Asian/Asian-American characters like Amadeus Cho, Shang-Chi, Nico Minoru, or (the guy who would be PERFECT for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) Jimmy Woo to make appearances. That means we can champion an Asian/Asian-American character in the new "Power Man and Iron Fist" comic book series who could perhaps be the new Iron Fist (with Danny as his or her mentor) or perhaps serve as Iron Fist along with Danny.

I look forward to Finn Jones doing a hell of a job with one of my favorite characters. I also look forward to seeing more Asian-Americans take roles in Hollywood.
    I only watched parts of two episodes, one showed a lot of Sophie Turner's bad acting and the other unfortunately was the episode of GOT where this one guy got his penis cut off...

I was so disgusted by the show and upon researching it was convinced this sexist crap wasn't for me. My point being, I envy you for being of the few who haven't watched that garbage show.

I do consider myself lucky for never watching The Walking Dead.
    Last edited by Vernedi; 02-25-2016 at 04:58 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    I wouldn't have minded an Asian, or Hispanic, but I don't mind because him being a rich white guy, and Luke being black from the hood, is a big point of their friendship.

I wonder....isn't Finn Jones gay? Hmm....we may still see a different Danny Rand, yet lol.
    I hate to break it to you, but the sexuality if an actor/actress in real life has nothing to do with the sexuality of the character they portray:

Sean Penn in Milk
    Eric Stonestreet in Modern Family
    Neil Patrick Harris in How I Met Your Mother and pretty much every other role he's played

and the list goes on...

And I think that is the way it should be...

That said, it would be an interesting change to Danny's character and I for one would be intrigued to see that take on the character if that is a direction the show runners end up going with...

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I trust Marvel to get the casting on these shows right at this point. Wait and see if this is real news, wait and see the show before I judge.

Says a dude on a message board.
    I know my truth.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Ah that is cool I guess.

Also dont forget the bad guys are probably going to be the Hand for Defenders so it be nice to have an Asian Hero to balance out all the Asian Villains we are going to get.
    Yes, can't have white Danny Rand beating up any Asian villians using his martial arts.Think of all the people online that might upset. Bad enough that the villians are Asian but having a white guy beat them up with Kung Fu? No! No!

Definitely need a handsome Asian hero as a standby whenever a episode involves an Asian acting even slightly villainous, then Iron Fist should step aside while the Asian hero steps in and saves the day and shows that not all Asians are villians.

No idea who he is, but a quick google search shows he's very hot and built. As long as this series has a good director he should be fine as Danny.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernedi View Post
    Or Danny and Collen Wing, like in Ultimate Marvel.
    I do hope we get Collen Wing in this series as Danny's best friend or partner like she is in the comics. That way in time for the Defenders series, we will be able to have the Daughters of the Dragon together and possibly be on the team.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

All for this though im not sure how this actor can fit with Luke Cage. They have a legendary bromance, and they casted ironfist much younger it seems then luke. Have to wait and see them together.

In Power Man and Iron Fist, Danny was always portrayed as the young impressionable one, with Luke playing big brother.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    No idea who he is, but a quick google search shows he's very hot and built. As long as this series has a good director he should be fine as Danny.

I do hope we get Collen Wing in this series as Danny's best friend or partner like she is in the comics. That way in time for the Defenders series, we will be able to have the Daughters of the Dragon together and possibly be on the team.
    Me too. Iron Fist is the perfect show to have Danny as protagonist and round out the cast with Misty Knight, Jeri Howarth, Collen Wing, Claire Temple, Steel Serpent, maybe a cameo by Hector Ayala, Angela Del Toro...

My team predictions for The Defenders are the following:

Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Hellcat, Elektra, Collen Wing and White Tiger.

I'm iffy about Punisher, so we could count him as just an ally but not teammate, yet.

I suspect Claire Temple is going to be the Phil Coulson of the Defenders, being the one character who appears in all shows and brings the team together to defend the streets of Hell's Kitchen and Harlem. I just hope Claire doesn't die, because unlike Coulson, it is unlikely she will be revived with Kree blood.
    Last edited by Vernedi; 02-25-2016 at 05:28 PM.