Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default REPORT: Marvel Finds Its "Iron Fist" in "Game of Thrones" Star Finn Jones

Jones will play martial arts master Danny Rand in "Iron Fist," the next installment of Marvel's Netflix series.

Full article here.

Damn. Another out-of-left-field choice. Interesting. I only know him as Loras Tyrell.

I'll have to wait to see how it works. I had immense doubts about Charlie Cox and man, did he ever win me over.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Not a bad choice there. I'm liking the casting decision of these TV show characters. Thought Cox and Ritter were great in their roles.

Finally!! Can't wait for one of my favourite characters to come to life!
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Hmmm. Not who I would have picked at all. I only know Jones from GoT, but he never had much of a physical presence there, imo. Maybe he'll surprise me though.

I wonder if there will be a conflict with GoT.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Cool with the pick.

Marvel Netflix has not let me down with the casting choices yet.

I like that they are keeping Danny the younger guy in the Cage and Iron Fist partnership.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I wonder if there will be a conflict with GoT.
    Probably not as his character doesn't have the biggest role on the show. The Jacob Anderson who plays Grey Worm said he films all of his scenes in about two weeks on one of the seasons.

Many other GoT cast members who have larger roles on the show still have time to film and television roles between filming GoT.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Probably not as his character doesn't have the biggest role on the show. The Jacob Anderson who plays Grey Worm said he films all of his scenes in about two weeks on one of the seasons.

Many other GoT cast members who have larger roles on the show still have time to film and television roles between filming GoT.
    Good points. Emilia Clarke has made a couple of movies that's being released within the last 12 months and she's a prominent character in the show.

I am curious to see how Iron Fist will look in the show. His classic costume is just awful looking, IMO. I was ok with the look Marvel game him during the Brubaker-Fraction run, but I hope they do something more creative and cool looking for the show.

I'm sick of segmented-armoured looking characters in comic book movies and TV shows.

That must be the benefit of working with such a sprawling cast. The actors can schedule others around

This is the first Netflix casting I'm not sold on. He really doesn't display much acting ability in GOT. I was hoping for someone like Dan Stevens (though obviously he has that pilot at FX).

Interesting, I like the actor but I don't really see him as Danny Rand. That said Marvel Netflix hasn't let me down yet so I have faith this will work out well!
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

LOVE this!! Great, great choice.

The inevitable angry backlash on Tumblr over casting a white actor as Iron Fist has begun. The ironic thing is that these folks think they are being progressive by complaining about the ethnicity of the actor cast in the role but many of them come across as badly as those people that got mad when black actors were cast as Heimdall and Johnny Storm.

He's an attractive choice in more ways than one. Should prove interesting.