Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    True also doesnt help she spent a whole season acting against Iwan Rheon (Ramsay Bolton) who is so much better then her its embarassing
    Quoted for truth. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Vernedi View Post
    Neither can Sophie Turner, and she's playing the next Jean Grey.
    How can Sophie not act? Different from Loras, Sansa was always an important and dramatic character and I think she's been doing great(except that her story on season 5 was all messed up, ugh)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    Why did people want him to be Asian? Legit question. Was it because he knows karate?

I can honestly think of no other reason.
    Casting an Asian to play Iron Fist is more racist than casting a white guy. Ironically. XD lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    Perhaps, but experience suggests that the next X-Men movie will focus on Fassbender, McAvoy, and Jennifer Lawrence, all of whom can act. I doubt if it will be a two hour in depth exploration of the personality of Jean Grey.

In contrast, if Finn Jones is the main guy in a Netflix series, then whether or not he is able to act is going to be fairly significant.
    Sure can act but JLaw phoned it in last time in my book.

But yeah Finn Jones has to carry this show and I dont know his character never convinced me he was good actor at all on GOT. Granted limited screentime but other characters shined in their first appearance.

BANNED

Misty is showing up in Cage so yeah she will be around.

However, I should not there is still a difference between being a sidekick or supporting and the main hero.
    Or a main character. Look at Luke Cage in Jessica Jones. He was supporting but had a big presence on the show that he is listed as main cast.

Misty and Collen and even Hector Ayala could fit that bill easily. By playing alongside the titular hero, they gain exposure and like Luke did, they leave a big enough impression to guarantee their own spin-offs or further roles.

BANNED

A no offense Luke didnt need help from Jessica, its the other way around. Not to mention his show was confirmed in advance so he is not getting a show because of Jones. Will see if a big performance gets u a spinoff with Punisher and Elektra, it cant happen though unless Netflix goes up to 3-4 shows a year. Although he is pretty important in her story anyway so he kinda has to be there. Actually that is the interesting thing as S2 happens for these shows. Daredevil is pretty separate while Jessica, Luke and Danny all kinda bleed together in terms of Story.

Quoted for truth. XD
    Honestly, he is hyper impressive and not for the least of me he has to make me see him as Ramsay Bolton and not his character from the Misfits...a total 180.
    Last edited by JaggedFel; 02-25-2016 at 02:43 PM.

Not sure how I feel about this casting choice, but Marvel has not disappointed yet (especially with it's casting).

BANNED

Oh and can CBR stop calling everyone a Star this dude aint a Star, I can see it applying to major characters (sadly Turner) regardless but for supporting character save it for people like Rheon or Dorner who actually earn it with some acting skills.

Fantastic Member

True also doesnt help she spent a whole season acting against Iwan Rheon (Ramsay Bolton) who is so much better then her its embarassing
    He plays Ramsay too well. He is that character you just love to hate. They needed that too with the departure of Jack Gleeson. I'm currently running through the seasons right now in prep for April and man, it makes me laugh so hard at how much of an a-hole Joffrey was, lol.

BANNED

Oh and can CBR stop calling everyone a Star this dude aint a Star, I can see it applying to major characters (sadly Turner) regardless but for supporting character save it for people like Rheon or Dorner who actually earn it with some acting skills.
    You have a point. I guess CBR is using "star" as a formality.

Hopefully Finn can surprise us, like Charlie Cox (another unknown) did.

I was hoping for Charlie Hunnam to be Iron Fist, so Netflix could compete with MCU for having the most actors with similar names (Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Pratt).
    Last edited by Vernedi; 02-25-2016 at 02:57 PM.

BANNED

Lol I am just saying this a pop culture site to an extent and I am looking at the guys picture like who the frak is this and sure his character looks quite a bit different but still if he is a "Star" the dots shouldnt take that long to connect.

Also I would disagree Cox was quite memorable on Boardwalk Empire (20 episodes or so) on premium TV. This dude on the other hand utterly forgettable in about the same number of episodes on Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by bandoogiemanz View Post
    He plays Ramsay too well. He is that character you just love to hate. They needed that too with the departure of Jack Gleeson. I'm currently running through the seasons right now in prep for April and man, it makes me laugh so hard at how much of an a-hole Joffrey was, lol.
    Was it honest trailer? that was like the most hated blond white kid since Draco Malfoy.
    Last edited by JaggedFel; 02-25-2016 at 02:57 PM.

In all fairness, it's slightly more rewarding playing a raving psychopath than playing a character who has been consigned by the show-runners to a state of perpetual victimhood, to be passed like a flame-haired parcel from drooling apprentice nutjob Joffrey to full-blown degenerate Ramsay.

That said, although Iwan Rheon has been perfectly competent in his performance, Ramsay has become something of a dull cabaret turn, more a Joker out of Batman than a believable sadistic psychopath, unlike the book original, who was pathetic as well as horrifying.

Honestly, Rheon doesn't give even the second best performance in the Winterfell scenes - he's outshone by both McElhatton as Roose and the perpetually brilliant Alfie Allen as Theon.

Casting an Asian to play Iron Fist is more racist than casting a white guy. Ironically. XD lol
    Yep, exactly my point.

Did the people who wanted an Asian actor for this role not see this?

He didn't make much of an impression on GOT, but that's probably just due to his minimal screentime and the fact that Loras was never a particularly interesting character. I hope he has great chemistry with Mike Colter. After both their shows have a few season, I would love for "Heroes for Hire" Netflix show.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 02-25-2016 at 03:01 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    Yep, exactly my point.

Did the people who wanted an Asian actor for this role not see this?
    Apparently not. They have killed their credibility, in my opinion. As for your previous question, I honestly can't see the logic for their idiotic demands.