Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Why would she be mentioned?
    Well, Chuck did kill her in utero, but she attacked him first. That was primal, reactive self-defense.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    "To me his character has a degree of cold dispassionate ruthlessness that is the equal of any super-villain" - Chris Claremont
    That's quite a bit to read. I'll check it out, at some point!

I read alot of that and still don't buy Xavier being just as bad as Magneto. When was the last time you saw Charles murder folks to get what he wanted?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Why would she be mentioned?
    Why wouldn't she? Xavier spent years preaching to his drones that they should ignore their instincts to fight back and/or put down haters. Too funny, really.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Why wouldn't she? Xavier spent years preaching to his drones that they should ignore their instincts to fight back and/or put down haters. Too funny, really.
    I can't believe you're seriously holding an act of self-defence that happened in utero against him.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    All the way back to Stan Lee's run not just Claremonts or Byrnes Hidden Years or Onslaught. Or X-Men vs. Micronauts rapest, xenocidal Xavier. Xavier's dark side (which is Xavier) has a death count >>> the Phoenix/D'Bari thing.

Pretty scathing statement:

"To me his character has a degree of cold dispassionate ruthlessness that is the equal of any super-villain" - Chris Claremont

This is so interesting, and I agree so much in the main part (keeping in mind that, without Xavier, there will be no X-Men --no fun for us ;P). Look what happened with poor Doug --it was Magneto, though, who had to deal with that death.

Thanks a lot, Exodus!

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

I can't believe you're seriously holding an act of self-defence that happened in utero against him.
    I couldn't care less about Baby Xavier and Baby Cassie' prenatal shenanigans. Mostly because opinions aren't the issue, here. Xavier had blood on his hands before he was even out of the womb, plain and simple. However folks feel about it doesn't make it any less of a cold, hard fact.

Not to mention it ties in super nicely with Xavier's future "Children soldiers, but let's not call them that because I don't want people to think of me as a jerk" shtick.